Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

Anyone else watching Boardwalk Empire?

I am liking this season so far. Gip Moretti is interesting, LOL
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

We love it!!!!
My husband & I like it for different reasons but it's a win for everyone.
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

I am watching. Great show!
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Mama-san
DIS Veteran

Yep, we are. Big fans of the show. Totally unsure of where of many of the story lines are headed, which is good thing! I am pretty sure that Margaret is going to hook up with the younger doctor at the hospital though.
Mama-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I Love Margaret!
I just thought it was awesome when she signed that money over to the hospital.

But I like them together, not at odds.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

We love the show. I don't think Nucky's choice last night is going to help his nightmares any.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

We've been watching it since the beginning. LOVED the first season and its gone downhill from there for me. I'm not sure why I'm even watching it anymore. It went from interesting story lines, characters and a good dose of eye candy to just a bunch gangland gruesome murders. I just to countdown to each episode and watch it 2 or 3 times. Now I don't know why I turn on the television. So sad.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
Kim&Chris
dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at Serenity Bay....

I LOVE the show, but it frustrates me. The whole Jimmy/Angela demise? I still can't believe they did that (although the argument could be made that Nucky 'had to do it').

Now, Gyp Rosetti. What a scary character. I've heard many comparisons to Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas.

I'd love to see much more of Richard Harrow. What a fascinating character, yet they barely give him 5 minutes per episode. Same with Owen. I love him, but he's under-used.

And I also believe that Margaret and the doctor will become an item

ETA: My Boardwalk Empire Wishlist

1. Richard Harrow bumps-off Gillian, then raises little Tommy
2. Margaret and Owen fall in love
3. Eli bumps-off Mickey Doyle, making Nucky realize that Eli's an asset to the operation & can be trusted
4. Richard Harrow gets Gyp Rosetti

:-)

Last edited by Kim&Chris; 10-08-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Kim&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim&Chris View Post
I LOVE the show, but it frustrates me. The whole Jimmy/Angela demise? I still can't believe they did that (although the argument could be made that Nucky 'had to do it').

Now, Gyp Rosetti. What a scary character. I've heard many comparisons to Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas.

I'd love to see much more of Richard Harrow. What a fascinating character, yet they barely give him 5 minutes per episode. Same with Owen. I love him, but he's under-used.

And I also believe that Margaret and the doctor will become an item

ETA: My Boardwalk Empire Wishlist

1. Richard Harrow bumps-off Gillian, then raises little Tommy
2. Margaret and Owen fall in love
3. Eli bumps-off Mickey Doyle, making Nucky realize that Eli's an asset to the operation & can be trusted
4. Richard Harrow gets Gyp Rosetti

:-)
Before Jimmy was killed off, there were some spoilers saying they were going to kill him and Owen would end up as Nucky's new rival. It looks like there started setting that up last night. Maybe we'll start seeing him more.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Just watched an episode for the 1st time in a while. I watched the 1st 2 seasons and haven't watched since. Can someone catch me up? Who is Agent Nelson married to and last I saw he got Nucky's ex-lover (trampy girl beofre Nucky got involved with Margaret) pregnant while he was married to the religious lady who couldn't get pregnant.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

The only time I ever heard of this, until just now seeing this thread, is in a funny youtube video "**** Park Slope Parents Say". Ah...just googled it...HBO? We don't get HBO.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
My DD, the movie star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Just watched an episode for the 1st time in a while. I watched the 1st 2 seasons and haven't watched since. Can someone catch me up? Who is Agent Nelson married to and last I saw he got Nucky's ex-lover (trampy girl beofre Nucky got involved with Margaret) pregnant while he was married to the religious lady who couldn't get pregnant.
After the baby was born, she (trampy girl) took off and left Nelson with the baby. He hired a woman to care for the baby. They had to run when the treasury agents found out he had murdered his partner (drowned him). They moved to a small town as husband and wife. She got pregnant and had his baby. He sold steam irons.

Nelson wasn't terribly successful and took a lot of ribbing from his fellow workers. He finally snapped and decided to iron the face of one of them. He also got involved with a bootlegger.

Nucky and Margaret have had their problems. Nucky has a girlfriend (show girl). Margaret is fooling around with the Irish guy who works for Nucky.

Nucky killed Jimmy after he betrayed him. Jimmy's mom runs a brothel and is nuts! Various problems with other bootleggers. Nucky and Eli are on again off again. Eli went to prison for awhile. Nucky has decided to give him another chance.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #13
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
After the baby was born, she (trampy girl) took off and left Nelson with the baby. He hired a woman to care for the baby. They had to run when the treasury agents found out he had murdered his partner (drowned him). They moved to a small town as husband and wife. She got pregnant and had his baby. He sold steam irons.

Nelson wasn't terribly successful and took a lot of ribbing from his fellow workers. He finally snapped and decided to iron the face of one of them. He also got involved with a bootlegger.

Nucky and Margaret have had their problems. Nucky has a girlfriend (show girl). Margaret is fooling around with the Irish guy who works for Nucky.

Nucky killed Jimmy after he betrayed him. Jimmy's mom runs a brothel and is nuts! Various problems with other bootleggers. Nucky and Eli are on again off again. Eli went to prison for awhile. Nucky has decided to give him another chance.

Hope that makes sense.
It does. I think I last saw Jimmy get killed...the tramp told Nelson she was pregnant...Nucky and Margaret had broken up. What happened to Jimmy's wife? And what's going on with Al Capone? Thanks for updating me.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
My DD, the movie star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
It does. I think I last saw Jimmy get killed...the tramp told Nelson she was pregnant...Nucky and Margaret had broken up. What happened to Jimmy's wife? And what's going on with Al Capone? Thanks for updating me.
Jimmy's wife (Angela) was killed by one of the gangsters (has a Swedish accent - can't remember his name) in retaliation for an attempt on his life by Jimmy's guy. Richard takes the guy out later in retaliation for Angela.

Not a lot going on with Al Capone recently.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I am going to go check on demand and see if I can watch all the old episodes I missed. I am now thinking I only saw season 1. I watched the new episode last night. Love the Owen and Margaret thing...he's a cutie and love the accent! Jillian is a B-word. Richard and his lady friend are sweet. Nucky seems to be up the creek without a paddle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: