Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #91
gcarney
Mouseketeer

Don't get me started on the rudeness of the staff at Universal Studios. In 2010 it was so bad that I wound up getting 40 fast passes for free. Universal makes you pay for those suckers.

Oh and while at WDW for my honeymoon in March, NOT one cast member acknowledged us in our wedding ears. After a long day we left. I had a blast but was a little let down that nobody even said congratulations.

At Epcot it was all different. We went to the show in America. The mi ute we walked in the door we were brought to a room. The dialed the phone it was Mickey and Minnie (are cording) wishing us well. In the show the same man di glee us out to the packed room and we got a standing "O".

When we went to the Character Spot, Minnie Mouse was about to leave. My husband said something to the photographer, Minnie promptly came back. I now have a soft spot in my heart for Epcot.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #92
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallworldnh

You've got that right! We were on Spaceship Earth and there was a little girl sitting with her mother about 3 cars behind us and the little girl was shining a flashlight on all the exhibits while her mother pointed things out for her to shine it on. This was through the entire ride and she kept it up even though people were starting to get loud yelling at her to shut it off. I mentioned it to the CM as I got off and all I got was a shrug.
WOW! I think my husband would have lost it! We just got back yesterday from 10 days. We didn't experience any egregious line cutting, but we did have a flash photographer on Pirates in the backmost row of the boat ahead of us. Because our boat was glued to their boat, this woman's constant flashing ruined the ride. When they unloaded us I ended up right behind her and her husband/partner. I felt compelled to say something. I noticed they had first visit buttons on. As nicely as I could I said "Hi, I don't know if you are aware, but when you take flash photos on dark rides it ruins the ride for everyone on the ride with you, like us, on the boat behind you". She looked really surprised, but not angry, and kind of stuttered I'm sorry. Her husband said to me "just keep walking", which I did, because I had said my piece. If I had to do it again I would have said to him don't insult her intelligence! She got what I said and apologized! I wasn't talking to him anyway. Dh had gone ahead to take photos outside so he wasn't there. When I told him what the guy said to me he was pissed lol. We just went on our way.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #93
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarney View Post
Don't get me started on the rudeness of the staff at Universal Studios. In 2010 it was so bad that I wound up getting 40 fast passes for free. Universal makes you pay for those suckers.

Oh and while at WDW for my honeymoon in March, NOT one cast member acknowledged us in our wedding ears. After a long day we left. I had a blast but was a little let down that nobody even said congratulations.

At Epcot it was all different. We went to the show in America. The mi ute we walked in the door we were brought to a room. The dialed the phone it was Mickey and Minnie (are cording) wishing us well. In the show the same man di glee us out to the packed room and we got a standing "O".

When we went to the Character Spot, Minnie Mouse was about to leave. My husband said something to the photographer, Minnie promptly came back. I now have a soft spot in my heart for Epcot.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #94
bookgirl2632
DIS Veteran

So sorry this happened to you. I hate line cutters, mainly because I hate being taken advantage of. I had a similar situation happen to me, though it wasn't at Disney.

A group of friends and I were attending the midnight release of the last Harry Potter movie. We are veterans of such showings, so we knew to get to the theater very early. We spoke with a manager to ask where to line up. She indicated that there wasn't a line yet, but told us to stand near the ticket taker's podium, but not to block the entrance. We did this. Over the next half hour, more people showed up and one large group took up position right in front of the podium as if they were first. We told them we were here first and the line was back there. They ignored us. So we and those behind us moved up and pretty much blocked them from the podium. They then accused us of cutting. Luckily, the manager was coming up to give the go ahead to go in and told them that we were there first and that they could go to the back of the line. They whined and moaned that it wasn't fair. Funny thing is that we saw them in the theater and the seats they got were fine. And I know we would have been fine as far as our seats. I just didn't want them getting the better of us.

Anyway, I'm glad that you didn't let such a thing ruin your day or trip. People like that don't deserve to have that kind of power. Moreover, those like that woman get what they give. Karma is a powerful thing.

1976 Offsite 1990 Offsite in Kissimmee 2001 CBR 2006 POR 2010 HRH
Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #95
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
This happened to us at the opening of Magic Kingdom. We were waiting outside for the opening show just like everyone else, and right when the train pulled up, a lady came from out of nowhere and jumped up on the wall surrounding a tree and blocked not only my kids view, but also the family behind us. I walked up to her asked her nicely if she could get down, as the kids could not see anymore.

She said "tell them to move then". I came back to my family with a look of disbelief on my face, and the mom behind us asked what she said to me. She then marched right up to the woman and told her to get down, with our two husbands yelling really loud "down in front!!". Slowly she got herself down while her two kids turned around and laughed at us all.

We did not let it out a damper on our day, and we were thankful that another family helped out.
That's exactly what I wish someone else in line with us had done.

On a side note, we had another rude experience (#3) while waiting on the Villains Mix N Mingle last Friday night-our first night there. We had snagged some spots where we could stand to watch the show and the parade and we were in them very early. We never get close spots, so this was our chance and we snagged it. They had not put the rope up yet, but we were right on the curb so you know no one can actually stand in front of you once the rope is up. Anyway, RIGHT when the show starts a lady comes running up and stands directly in front of us, and we are not talking about a little lady. She stood there with her legs spread out and her camera in the air. Neither of my kids, ages 4 and 6, could see the show so my husband and I lifted them up to see. While I was holding my son (not an easy task at 6 yrs old) she started swaying back and forth---then we really couldn't see! I finally leaned up and asked her politely if she minded moving over a little so my son could see. She gave me a really dirty look, but she did move a little. As soon as the show finished, she tried to move backward to stand in front of us as the rope was put up. I guess I was being rude, but we stood in place and didn't budge. She kept backing into us and our stroller while a lady next to us complained about her. I told the other lady not to worry and sure enough the lady had to go find another place because she couldn't stand where the rope went. We were able to enjoy the Boo parade without anyone in front of us.

We had 3 rude guest experiences on our trip, and this isn't counting your usual line cutters on the big rope rides and monorail lines. Those are considered "normal" in my book.

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Old 10-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #96
DISNEYWITHCHILDREN
Mouseketeer

That is really over the top. There wasn't a cm around? In the summer my daughter wanted to meet Ariel. The line was closed but she was returning in a little over an hour. My daughter wanted to wait and be the first. A cm waits in the area. I asked if we could sit while we waited. Cm said sure and even allowed my daughter to spread out her blanket and set up her iPad. When people started arriving to get on the line we got on line.
No one said anything when the character showed up, there should have been a cm by that point.

With finding nemo I do know we were taken in a side entrance. My daughter caught the attention of a cm when we were waiting on line and she offered us VIP tickets. She took us in a side entrance. So it could be the guests had a reason to be using that entrance or they could have been cutting.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #97
gcarney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

What confuses you? At the Magic Kingdom, while wearing our bride and groom ears, not one cast member acknowledged us the entire day. Nobody congratulated us....nothing.

Epcot was wonderful.

I also replied to somebody who said Universal was bad. The staff was out right horrible to me. So much so that I complained and got 40 fast passes, that they make you pay for those there.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #98
IllinoisMommy
Mouseketeer

Good for you- don't let it ruin your trip. I would have been frustrated, but then again realizing I am teaching my kids important values. And I would have wanted to say something like that but probably would not for fear of making it worse- and not really wanting such a rude family stalking me and affecting any more of my trip.

(OK stalking is maybe a strong word- but would not put it past someone like that to continue to harass you whenever they see you...just cuz they can or they think it is funny )

Disneyworld, Off-site 1981; Disneyland, Disneyland Hotel 1983; Disneyworld, Off-site 1992; Disneyworld, Off-site 1997 ; Disneyworld, Old Key West 2003; Disneyworld, POFQ 2007; Disneyworld and Universal, Offsite Christmas 2012
EPCOT Family of the Day, 12-24-12
Hopeful future DVC members
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #99
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt View Post

And to the smoker who blew smoke into my face or if I had kids face, she would have been eating that cigarette or watching it fly across the sidewalk. SERIOUSLY!!?!?!? That's beyond rude. And I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, which would have meant me going back to the room to take my meds to keep my reaction to a minimum. Yep, if I'm going to be inconvenienced so is she.
I would have "accidentally" spilled my bottle of water on her. Oopsie, I can be sooo clumsy sometimes!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #100
TDS533
Earning My Ears

We have been going to WDW for 25yrs. Our son for 8 yrs. and this was thankfully the first trip he had to witness a rude line cutter. We were going on the Safari Ride at AK. We had taken the handicapped line as I was unable to do the stairs. We were moving along nicely and there really weren't a lot of people in our line. Then a woman walks past me and I tell my son to move over because I thought she was trying to get to a group in front of us. She turned and looked at me and said"I'm not with anyone." And continued to walk past everyone in line right past the cast member directing lines to load and right onto the truck that was just about to leave. It was so rude it was almost comical, probably because this woman had to be in her sixties! My son was flabbergasted. We kinda laughed off how rude she was, then saw her later barging past people in the crowd following the parade. Needless to say we made some jokes at her expense and my son learned how NOT to behave, ever!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #101
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanniDeer View Post
that being said, I always say "thank you" and will hold a door open for 6000 people, and help out anyone that possibly looks like they need it, always. this newfangled group of twenty-somethings CAN have manners, you know.
It's very rarely teenagers/young adults that I see cutting in line at Disney, it's almost always adults. The one exception I've had to deal with was south american tourist teenagers (purposely didn't say Brazilian) that run rampant through the lines like no one else is there. And when posters refer to the "entitled' I always think of adults as well.

A lot of people just don't give a crap about their fellow man. They do whatever they want because whose going to stop them? Everybody's a bunch of jellyfish and for darn sure the CM's aren't going to do anythying. I just wish once when I'm the guy calling out the line cutter, there was another person there to back me up. I'm really losing heart to do it anymore because everyone else stands around like a bunch of mummy's not getting involved.

Op I would have supported you in a picosecond, in fact I would have probably beat you to the punch in telling her to get her fanny to the end of the line.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Last edited by Bullseye; 10-08-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #102
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

I think it helps to have a bunch of people come together to say something to stop this sort of behavior. "It takes a village" sort of group mentality.
Unfortunately most normal people avoid confrontation , so it rarely happens.
This trip i am making a pledge to myself to ignore these people unless they directly address me.

I will close my eyes an goto my happy place.......

WAIT I AM IN MY HAPPY PLACE!!!!!!!! NOW WHAT?????
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #103
gcarney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec
I think it helps to have a bunch of people come together to say something to stop this sort of behavior. "It takes a village" sort of group mentality.
Unfortunately most normal people avoid confrontation , so it rarely happens.
This trip i am making a pledge to myself to ignore these people unless they directly address me.

I will close my eyes an goto my happy place.......

WAIT I AM IN MY HAPPY PLACE!!!!!!!! NOW WHAT?????
LMAO. It's my happy place too.....what is plan B?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #104
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Actually my plan is to stop focusing on the bad behavior of others and focus on my kids. If it directly affects my family something will be said and i will use that moment to teach my children to stand up for themselves in a polite but strong manner
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #105
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Hmm, I wrote a post but now a few of the responses have me rethinking my feelings on this subject.

In any case, we try to avoid conflict at WDW but I am sure some people make that very difficult. In general, we've marveled at how many lovely people we run into while we're there and try to let our happiness and patience be infectious.

VP
12/05Pop Centuryy, VWL, Swan 12/07Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness 12/10 Fort Wilderness 10/12 AKV Kidani 6/13 Caribbean Beach 7/13 Polynesian 8/13 POR Royal Room 9/13 AKV-Jambo, POR-AB 10/13 FW 12/13 VWL 10/14 DISNEYLAND PARIS! 12/14 Bay Lake Tower and WL 5/15 AKV and FW

Last edited by Violet Parr; 10-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: