Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceesmom View Post
I'm with you, but I might have added that we had been waiting since before we left our room that morning or since before we left our house for vacation since apparently all that matters is that you are thinking of getting in line to hold your place.

By the way -- I am getting in line for all the rides for our next trip right now, so I am sure you all will forgive me if I walk straight to the front of each line when we get there.
The lady behind us (the pregnant lady) and I went back and forth with this...she said if she had known that was how it worked, she would have been sitting on the bench the whole time! Later on we saw the same pregnant lady in a store line and joked about how we were in line before she was because we had "thought" we might be buying something. We were making cracks about it the rest of the trip.

Seriously though, I did think about bopping around in front of her in line, but I felt it might be a bit childish. There were enough "children" in line in front of me....the lady's mom included-oh yeah she came over later. I just could not believe the examples she was setting. When I said something about her doing this in front of her kids she said" Yes, aren't they beautiful?". I so wanted to say something mean, but bit my tongue. It's not their fault their mom is the way she is. I just hope she isn't cloning them to be like her!

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #17
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
This might have caused a full out bar room brawl. I would have been beside myself livid and would have gone to find an MC the moment she started showing me attitude. Being a former teacher, this kind of behavior from so-called adults really get my blood boiling as well.
We did try to find someone to help with the situation, but none of the (4) cast members even came over. The only one who did was the one who came out with Jasmine and Aladdin and by then it was too late and we were told they couldn't do anything basically because it wasn't "seen" by them. My thing was she could have asked the majority of the people in line who saw it happen. I honestly think the lady knew she could get away with it.

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I was out at DL a couple of weeks ago and we witnessed a form of line cutting. Soarin has a single rider line out there. A woman somehow got in the single rider line with 2 small daughters, one of whom was too young to ride alone. You have to ask a cm for a "single rider pass" when you enter the single rider because it's the same line as the fastpass line. She got past that one somehow and also the next cm who directs which side you go to, singler riders go on the left side of the railing. We were behind them. When they got to the bottom of the ramp where you load, the cm asked for her single rider pass. She just shrugged her shoulders like she didn't know what he was talking about (we had ours in our hands). Then he asked the youngest how older she was. She said 5. He said she is too young to ride alone. Again, the mom just acted like she didn't understand (she was speaking to her daughers in perfect English so it wasn't a language barrier). He got on the phone with the cm at the top of the ramp, I guess asking how she got past him. So he came back and explained under 7 years old has to be accompanied by someone 14 or older and the older daughter was only 9, so they were not eligible for the single rider. He said he would let them go this time but next time they could not use single rider lines. So she got away with it, skipping a 35 minute standby line.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
dznygurl
Mouseketeer

That was so nervy of this woman. We encountered a very similar situation during a college baseball game in May. After the game, any children who want to run the bases can line up outside of right field's gate. The area also has a playground and picnic tables. The kids lined up awaiting the opportunity to enter the baseball field. A woman and her 3 kids sat at the picnic table which happens to be close to the line. As the line began moving, she stayed sitting but yelled at anyone who tried to pass her "place" in line. We all looked so confused. Did she expect everyone to freeze until they opened the gate? Why yes she did! Many people argued back with her and she eventually marched off yelling a few ugly remarks. I will never forget the nerve of this woman and her poor kids who had to leave with her. OP, I only hope that by teaching/modeling decent morals and behavior to our kids, they will never be rude and obnoxious like those line cutters.

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #20
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

well done on staying so calm! us brits are famous for our queing skills, so i too would have lost the plot!!
thats said i have to 2nd the comment about nemo, we have an ASD child, and we skip a few pre shows (mainly haunted mansion as it freaks me out too) and have had a few comments made.... last trip we had autism awareness t shirts printed and wore those, no one gave us grief... remember not all illnesses are visible
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #21
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

This kind of thing get me so angrry it used to ruin whole days for me,
This time I am not going to let it bother me.
I have been in customer service for years, and let me tell you people have gotten exponentially worse in the past few years.
Maybe I am becoming immune to it because i see unspeakable rudeness everyday.
I actually had someone throw something at me this year, and another threaten me with physical violence.
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 10-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #22
ladeeesquire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I was out at DL a couple of weeks ago and we witnessed a form of line cutting. Soarin has a single rider line out there. A woman somehow got in the single rider line with 2 small daughters, one of whom was too young to ride alone. You have to ask a cm for a "single rider pass" when you enter the single rider because it's the same line as the fastpass line. She got past that one somehow and also the next cm who directs which side you go to, singler riders go on the left side of the railing. We were behind them. When they got to the bottom of the ramp where you load, the cm asked for her single rider pass. She just shrugged her shoulders like she didn't know what he was talking about (we had ours in our hands). Then he asked the youngest how older she was. She said 5. He said she is too young to ride alone. Again, the mom just acted like she didn't understand (she was speaking to her daughers in perfect English so it wasn't a language barrier). He got on the phone with the cm at the top of the ramp, I guess asking how she got past him. So he came back and explained under 7 years old has to be accompanied by someone 14 or older and the older daughter was only 9, so they were not eligible for the single rider. He said he would let them go this time but next time they could not use single rider lines. So she got away with it, skipping a 35 minute standby line.
I had this EXACT same thing happen in front of me in the single rider line for the chair lift at Blizzard Beach. The guy was with his kid who was about 4 yrs old. The thing that was really annoying is that they completely stopped loading people to argue with this guy for like 5 mins. Then they finally started loadin from the regular line but, because he wouldn't move his stupid self out of the way of the single rider line until a supervisor came, we all just stood there behind him for another 5 mins. SO annoying. Of course, they finally loaded him, if you argue lon enough I truly believe you can get them to do almost anything at disney, but the silly part was that after all of that he definitely would have gotten onto the lift more quickly by waiting in the regular line.

ugh!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #23
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

From the OP:

Just a quick comment on the Nemo ride cutters. I left this bit out...

It was 3 people...man, woman and child about 3 yrs old I would say. The man and woman came in through the Emergency Exit door, then had to open an emergency gate to get in line. While they were doing it, they were laughing about it to each other and looking back at the people they cut in front of. I thought the same as you, wanting to think the best. I did not say anything to the ride attendants at the beginning of the ride, but I did ask the attendant when you get off the ride. I explained what happened and she too said that they have a special door for people with disabilities, including those like Autism. I said ok, I just did not think the entrance would be through the Emergency exit. She stopped me there and said "what emergency exit". I told her the door and then the gate and she got MAD! She said, no they are not supposed to enter there. That door is for employees/emergencies only. She said what people do is when they leave Turtle Talk with Crush they will try to sneak through that door instead of walking all the way around(like we did). She was livid and said that makes her so mad and if she sees people do that she makes them go back to the end of the line. Based on what she told me, they were in fact line-cutters...

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Old 10-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #24
elleherself
Mouseketeer

I truly hate line cutters.

The worst thing about them is not the slightly longer wait for me, it's the way I feel confronted about it. I have to then make a decision, like you said, to either be the person to just take it or the person to start a confrontation with them. I wonder if Miss Manners has anything to say about line cutters?

I've actually never been skipped at Disney that I know of. Most lines really move too quickly for that. But every year at a local waterpark I somehow manage to get skipped by the rudest people on the planet. I am sure you can imagine their reaction to me pointing out that I was in front of them. The gall of me! My instinct is honestly to just skip them right back or walk the stairs with both of my hands on the handrails, but they have physically pushed past me to "join up with their friends". AHHHHH!!!! Give me a Disney line any day.
May 2008 (MK and AK - Hilton) ~ October 2008 (Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, DHS, Howl-O-Scream @Busch Gardens, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios - offsite) ~ August 30, 2009 (24th Birthday at DHS! - stayed with family) ~ September 2009 (Epcot and MK - Saratoga Springs and Polynesian) ~ December 2009 (MK, Epcot, AK - offsite) ~ February 2010 (DHS, Epcot, MK - offsite) ~ October 2010 (MK, Epcot F&W, HS, AK, MNSSHP, Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure, Howl-O-Scream @Busch Gardens - FORT WILDERNESS CABIN!) ~ September 2012 (Epcot F&W, ToT 10 miler, MNSSHP, MK - Bonnet Creek)
Old 10-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #25
Julie711
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydonkey
I would have just walked around her and took my rightful place in line. What could she do about that.
I agree!! I can't stand rude people like that and I wouldn't have let it go.

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #26
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Sadly, Disney doesn't care, if guests break lines, snap photos on dark rides, smoke in non designated areas, etc. So, these behaviors will continue to go unchecked.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #27
Soccer and Swim Mom
Stay at Home Mommy of 2

Someone did that to my daughter and I on our recent trip (9/20-27). This woman very boldly just walked right up and cut in front of my 5 year old daughter and I. It was observed by the cast member working who said,"Ma'am I do believe these people were next." The lady turned around and looked at my daughter and I then proceded to talk with the cast member about her issue. The cast member again pointed to her that we were next. The lady got all irritated when the cast member kept directing her attention towards us. I finally said to the cast member working, "I think you better go ahead and wait on her. She seems to be in a hurry. My daughter and I have patience." This lady didn't care.. just went right ahead with her business without a thank you or concern at all that she just cut in front of a little 5 year old girl child at DisneyWorld. Some people!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #28
smallworldnh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
Sadly, Disney doesn't care, if guests break lines, snap photos on dark rides, smoke in non designated areas, etc. So, these behaviors will continue to go unchecked.
You've got that right! We were on Spaceship Earth and there was a little girl sitting with her mother about 3 cars behind us and the little girl was shining a flashlight on all the exhibits while her mother pointed things out for her to shine it on. This was through the entire ride and she kept it up even though people were starting to get loud yelling at her to shut it off. I mentioned it to the CM as I got off and all I got was a shrug.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #29
the_princess
DIS Veteran

What happen to this world... People are getting sooo rude. I used to work in a shop in the airport and I had some awful costumers!!!

Didn't some of the other people in line say something??? Sometimes if people stand together it helps on situations like this.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #30
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
Didn't some of the other people in line say something??? Sometimes if people stand together it helps on situations like this.
Sometimes I wish they'd staff the ride lines with New York City Taxi Line Monitors (or at least send the CMs to their training course).

Maybe they just need to bring in the Brute Squad™.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: