Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

Just got back....fastpass line confusion?

Our last day at Disney we went to Hollywood and got fastpasses for Tower of Terror. As we were walking to the line to redeem them, I noticed a man with his two kids coming from the area where you exit. They came toward us and got in the fastpass line ahead of us. They did not have any fastpasses, but the man had something around his neck. When we got up to the cast member who takes the passes, the man showed him whatever was around his neck but did not hand him anything. We were just curious what he could be wearing that would allow him to do this? Is there a "ultimate fastpass" or something available out there? We are just curious, TIA!

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Tigpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
smallworldnh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigpooh View Post
Our last day at Disney we went to Hollywood and got fastpasses for Tower of Terror. As we were walking to the line to redeem them, I noticed a man with his two kids coming from the area where you exit. They came toward us and got in the fastpass line ahead of us. They did not have any fastpasses, but the man had something around his neck. When we got up to the cast member who takes the passes, the man showed him whatever was around his neck but did not hand him anything. We were just curious what he could be wearing that would allow him to do this? Is there a "ultimate fastpass" or something available out there? We are just curious, TIA!
I noticed this a couple of times too! Curious!
smallworldnh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
Vickyrowe
Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

Sounds like the parent swap thing, one adult rides while one wits with the kids that are too small and then they get a pass for the other parent to go on with out queuing for the full length of time again

not 100% but this sound like it
Vickyrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
chartle
DIS Veteran

Maybe a GAC Guest Assistance Card.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
MaverickCSX
Earning My Ears

I was thinking that maybe he was going to the Fantasmic show. We had purchased our Fantasmic tickets with the dinner show package (eating at Mama Melrose), and when we were being explained the package by our waiter, he mentioned that we get access to the Fantasmic show through the Tower of Terror entrance....
MaverickCSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

I really have no clue. Like I said, it looked like a dad with two kids. All 3 rode the ride for what I would guess was a second time since they came out of the exit area. Not sure about a guest assistance card, but maybe? I did not notice any of them having any handicaps, but they could have been the "unseen" kind I suppose. Again, we were just curious. Thanks for all the helpful answers!

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
jacksa
Earning My Ears

The parent swap looks just a like a fastpass - nothing around your neck for that...
jacksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigpooh
I really have no clue. Like I said, it looked like a dad with two kids. All 3 rode the ride for what I would guess was a second time since they came out of the exit area. Not sure about a guest assistance card, but maybe? I did not notice any of them having any handicaps, but they could have been the "unseen" kind I suppose. Again, we were just curious. Thanks for all the helpful answers!
Sounds like a GAC situation. Many many disabilities are unseen.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickCSX
I was thinking that maybe he was going to the Fantasmic show. We had purchased our Fantasmic tickets with the dinner show package (eating at Mama Melrose), and when we were being explained the package by our waiter, he mentioned that we get access to the Fantasmic show through the Tower of Terror entrance....
That sounds like someone was pulling your leg.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
mowatm
Earning My Ears

If the CM did not take anything from him, then it was most likely a Guest Assistance Card. All you have to do is flash it to the CM, so keeping it around your neck would not be a bad idea!

Past Disney Trips:
1987 (off property), 1989 (off property), December 2004 (off property), December 2005 (off property), March 2009 (All Star Sports), December 2009 (Pop Century)

mowatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Sounds like it was a GAC. They are issued for disabilities that can not be seen. We used one last trip for my dd's heart condition.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

I doubt there was any confusion.

Just because they didn't have a FP ticket like most, doesn't mean they weren't entitled to do what they were doing.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip DEC 2013 POP/Caribbean Beach Resort I have to wait until 2015!
carrie1626 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1626 View Post
I doubt there was any confusion.

Just because they didn't have a FP ticket like most, doesn't mean they weren't entitled to do what they were doing.
If you read my post you would see I was not arguing that what they were doing was right or wrong, but I was confused as to what was going on. So the confusion was on my part. Thanks for the helpful post....

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Old 10-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Not everyone on The Dis is aware of GAC, child swap, Fastpass, etc... People come here for information and clarification. Cut some slack...
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #15
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Dupe post.

Last edited by Robo; 10-07-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: