Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #16
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I just found your PJ and LOVE your inspiration board!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #17
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
Just catching up with your PJ! Awww I love that you picked that date! Its so perfect! WOW would have been their 70th wedding anniversary - what a special day! Im following along with your PJ from now on I promise!
Aww, thanks! My family was really excited when I told them the day we picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tinker*bell* View Post
I love that you date is so sentimental, and the multicolour theme is awesome! you seem so much more organized than me, and our weddings are only a few days apart. I'll definitely be following along
Thank you!! And I only seem organized, I have a lot of information contained in a folder, but the only person that knows what's going on within the folder is me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
Congratulations and welcome!

Your plans look really great so far. I love how you picked your wedding date. That would have been my grandparent's 60th anniversary, so it HAS to be a good day!

I look forward to following along!
WOW! I can't believe it, your grandparents' 60th is on the same day?! That's awesome! I've been wanting to get married on my grandparent's anniversary for a very long time.....it HAS to be that day! I know it will be perfect for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I just found your PJ and LOVE your inspiration board!
Thank you!
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #18
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Engagement photos....finally!!

Alright! We finally got our engagement photos back!!! There was a little bit of a mix up in the mail....my photographer wrote the wrong apartment number on the package, partly because my handwriting was bad that day. Oops! LOL

Anyway, this will be a picture heavy post.

I love these. I really want to do another session, more relaxed, but I'm not sure we could get it in before the Chihuly glass installations are taken out. Oh, well.

Last edited by charliegirl76; 02-26-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Fixing photo links...may have used different ones. Oops.
charliegirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #19
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Oh! Just one more post....more pics, but this time of my Maids of Honor!

Me and Ginger

Me and Edna...an old picture, but it will work.

We will find out in just over a month if we got our date. We have been trying to figure out whether or not to change the ceremony time from 5pm to 2:30pm so we'll have more light after to take pictures. We are both against having a first look....I really like the build up of anticipation and excitement before we see each other for the ceremony. The problem is, we really love the evening reception...feels more like dinner and not a mid-afternoon meal. We're concerned that people may want to eat later in the evening. Any thoughts?

Last edited by charliegirl76; 02-26-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Fix photo links.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Well, I've been away for a bit. Work has been crazy, complete with drama involving a co-worker. Anyway, we're in the middle of our busy season and that will last for a few more weeks. But I'm trying to catch up a little and see what's going on with everyone while I have a moment.

In wedding related news, it's less than a month until we find out if we got our date and tme. I emailed Diane a couple of days ago and asked to switch my first choice time to 2:30pm and 5pm will now be our second choice.

That's about it. I look forward to catching up with everyone's PJs.

Last edited by charliegirl76; 02-12-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #21
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

sorry, i have been away for a while and finally had the chance to browse the "dis" again. i love love love your e-pics! they are so cute! i love the setting!!!
i really hope you get your first choice time for the ceremony! keeping my fingers crossed!!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Your engagement photos are beautiful! I love the one of you two on the bridge, absolutely gorgeous!

Fingers crossed you get your date!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Thank you ladies! I'm so excited to find out if we got our date. Just over a week until we find out!! Yay!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #24
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Yay!! Diane called me this afternoon AND we got our date and time! I'm so excited and overjoyed! Now I can really start with the planning!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

YAY!! Im so happy for you! Less than a year to go!!!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #26
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Welcome! I'm following along! I love your e-pics! They are so pretty! I'm glad you got your first choice of dates!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I thought I subscribed...but apparently l didn't! Your e-pics are beautiful. I love the setting they were taken in! Also, I am so happy for you that you got your date and time! I know how important that was you
Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #29
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbutterfly View Post
Welcome! I'm following along! I love your e-pics! They are so pretty! I'm glad you got your first choice of dates!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I thought I subscribed...but apparently l didn't! Your e-pics are beautiful. I love the setting they were taken in! Also, I am so happy for you that you got your date and time! I know how important that was you
Thank you! We are so happy to have gotten that date. I was getting a little nervous for a while, but then for some reason yesterday morning I just knew I was going to hear from Diane and she would tell me we got the date and time!

So on to the short update I have right now......

I started on the room block. Wow, that's something. I wasn't expecting it to be such a challenge. I'm not sure if we should try to find out how many people will stay on property or just do the block for the people we know for sure will be staying on property. Anyway, I had to email Diane because we had some other questions.

I, mostly, finished our guest list over the Thanksgiving weekend. I started a song list for songs that we'd specifically like played. I am trying to decide what song I'd like my girls and myself to walk down the aisle to since I don't want it to be the traditional "Here Comes the Bride." I'll be working on our save the dates, maybe tonight after I get home.

After that, I'm not really sure. I do really need to get more organized. I'll probably go by a binder or something to keep everything more tidy. As it is, everything seems like a jumbled mess. I have all my dress inspiration pictures in a folder with the hand written song list, guest lists (I have more than one copy), and several other things.

Sooo yeah. That's about it.....for now.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #30
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

The wedding binder is a great idea, and pretty fun to put together. I found this link online a few months ago when I decided I wanted to make a binder for myself and it really helped make everything feel all organized (http://justlovelykatherine.blogspot....r-wedding.html).

The room block is a... hmm... special process. We went with blocking rooms for the people we knew were coming and made our best guess for which hotels they were going to stay in, aside from parents/bridal party who we outright demanded an answer from, haha! For us, this did end up being more than the minimum we needed. That probably doesn't really help that much, but it feels like the room block is just one of those unfortunate hurdles you have to get over in order to really get down to wedding business.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: