Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
micheleq
DIS Veteran

Kids Gift Basket for Xmas

Hi everyone,

We've decided to tell our girls about our March 30th cruise (on the Wonder) on Christmas as one of their gifts

Any suggestions for items to place in a gift basket announcing our cruise? I've purchased Thirty-One Mini Utility Bins for each of them to use as the basket, and I know I'd like to put a cruise Vinylmation in each.

Looking for cute & creative suggestions! My girls are 5 & 7.

Thanks in advance,
Michele

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14 VGF 1/15
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Not sure about where you are, but here in Delaware, our Dollar Tree has TONS of Disney stuff. The "magic" towels, stickers, art kits, coloring books, pencils, seriously, just a ton of stuff, from Princesses to Cars to Mickey and Pooh....I would make a bin of stuff that would keep them busy on the plane or in the car ...not sure if you are driving or flying, but either way there is LOTS of time to kill while getting to any Disney vacation. And as the announcement, either a journal or small scrapbook titled "My Disney Cruise". We did a similar basket for our DS for our first trip to WDW.
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

I did the same thing for my kids a few years ago. They were in their late teens though. But I made a little book for each of them. There were pictures of each port and other such info. Both still have their books.

I've also heard of people having the character call occur on Christmas morning.

Sorry, I really didn't answer your gift basket idea.

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
micheleq
DIS Veteran

Thank you Flyersfan! We've got lots of Dollar Tree/Family Dollar stores around here, so that's a great idea. We're flying down to Miami so we'll certainly need "new" things for the plane. I love the idea of a travel journal.

And the character call is a great idea Dopeyluver! I forgot we can get those. The book is a creative idea as well. It's a 5 night cruise to Cozumel & CC, so I can easily make a small book of pictures to remind them of the ports (we did the 7 night last year) and get them excited. Actually, we'll be doing a totally different excursion in Cozumel this time, so I can include pics of that. And I'm hoping to get a Castaway Cay fishing excursion, so maybe some pics of that as well (DH & the girls love to fish! I may opt for a massage on Serenity Bay...).

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14 VGF 1/15
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post
Thank you Flyersfan! We've got lots of Dollar Tree/Family Dollar stores around here, so that's a great idea. We're flying down to Miami so we'll certainly need "new" things for the plane. I love the idea of a travel journal.

And the character call is a great idea Dopeyluver! I forgot we can get those. The book is a creative idea as well. It's a 5 night cruise to Cozumel & CC, so I can easily make a small book of pictures to remind them of the ports (we did the 7 night last year) and get them excited. Actually, we'll be doing a totally different excursion in Cozumel this time, so I can include pics of that. And I'm hoping to get a Castaway Cay fishing excursion, so maybe some pics of that as well (DH & the girls love to fish! I may opt for a massage on Serenity Bay...).
Make sure you check the ages for the fishing excursions offered on Castaway Cay, I believe the minimum age is 6.

Ideas: You could get them each a new bathing suit, a new shorts outfit, a new dress, a couple of sand toys. Maybe a little bottle of sunscreen for each of them. An autograph book for each of them.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post

No problem!!! And I am with you on the fishing...DH and DS will be fishing whilst I chill on the beach!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: