Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #16
MomRN
DIS Veteran

My son doesn't overly express joy for much. He tends to express what he doesn't like more, and he didn't have any complaints. The other kids looked like they had a blast. Considering they get a 2 hour experience, some small toys (a bandana, sword, eye patch, candy, tatoos, pencil, tattoos, and a few other trinkets that I can't think of) and you get a couple of free hours to get things done (laundry? pack?) I think it's worth it. Coming from another resort you would need to think of something to waste a couple of hours on at the resort the kids were doing the adventure- unless you had your own vehicle.

I don't think you have to be staying there to take advantage of it.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #17
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomRN View Post
My son doesn't overly express joy for much. He tends to express what he doesn't like more, and he didn't have any complaints. The other kids looked like they had a blast. Considering they get a 2 hour experience, some small toys (a bandana, sword, eye patch, candy, tatoos, pencil, tattoos, and a few other trinkets that I can't think of) and you get a couple of free hours to get things done (laundry? pack?) I think it's worth it. Coming from another resort you would need to think of something to waste a couple of hours on at the resort the kids were doing the adventure- unless you had your own vehicle.

I don't think you have to be staying there to take advantage of it.
That sounds like the perfect place for couples with a little boy to go spend a couple hours doing....casual drink at the pool bar and a nice little horsey drawn carriage ride for just the two of them.

Cmon on you romantics...its a win...win....win!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Just moving this to the Trip Reports board

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
MissManda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomRN View Post

5. My 6 year old was really into pin trading this time. He also had a blast doing pressed pennies and the portals for the Sorceror game. However, those things take time and must plan accordingly.

This past June my DH and I took 4 kids to DW- our two nephews (14 and 10), our niece (8) and their step sister (11). It was the first trip for all of them. Well, before the trip, the step-sisters uncle purchased them all a starter pin trading set. Well, we like to have never gotten anything else done at the parks because that's all they wanted to do was pin trading (DH included!). By the end of the week, they could spot a pin trader from across a crowded park and they would all descend on that poor person like a pack of vultures. They purchased almost no other souverniers. They all spent their shopping money on new pins. Your post above made me think about that.

Glad you had a good trip!

1st Trip- May 2009- CBR
2nd Trip- Sept 2010- POFQ- MNSSHP
3rd Trip-June 2012- Offsite condo.
4th Trip- possibly a solo??? TBD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: