Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...
 
npmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
It depends on where you live and if it's President's week. I'm in the northeast and airfare to FL that week is very expensive unless you buy it early.
Yes exactly!! Right now the airfare is at least double closer to triple the cost just a week prior.
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #17
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Carmichael, California
Posts: 17,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
It depends on where you live and if it's President's week. I'm in the northeast and airfare to FL that week is very expensive unless you buy it early.
Yeah, when did it become President's week instead of President's Day?
__________________
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
msjprincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Yeah, when did it become President's week instead of President's Day?
Around here schools are closed that week. So it's simetimes referred to as President's Week Vacation/Break.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #19
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...
 
npmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Yeah, when did it become President's week instead of President's Day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
Around here schools are closed that week. So it's simetimes referred to as President's Week Vacation/Break.
same here for us, schools are all closed the entire week. Presidents week vacation.
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...
 
npmommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,373

I was curious what our school district calls it so I just looked at the calendar and they refer to it as February break.
but it is always the week of Presidents day.
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #21
msjprincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by npmommie View Post
I was curious what our school district calls it so I just looked at the calendar and they refer to it as February break.
but it is always the week of Presidents day.
Our district calls the December break, Winter Recess and the February break, Mid-Winter Recess. Most people just call is Christmas break and President's week.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.