Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
bbinnsGA
Earning My Ears

Rides for a 11 mth old?

What will our 11mth old be able to ride? Obviously we would have to be able to ride with her.

OT but What is the height for the race track??

Our first family trip in May 2013!
We will be celebrating 5 birthdays and our 3 year anniversary!
bbinnsGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

A surprising amount! Small World, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, there's the waterplay area, parade, Dumbo, Country Bear Jamboree, Jungle Cruise,
Aladdin, Winnie the Pooh, Monsters, Inc., Pirates of the Carribbean (If she's adventurous & ok with the noise & dark parts), Tom Sawyer Island, Tiki Birds & whatever shows etc you happen to catch.

The Speedway ride at Magic Kingdom is 32" height requirement, the Test Track at Epcot is 40". (But currently closed for refurbishment, I believe.)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

Your child can ride anything that does not have a height requirement.

We took DD at 11 months. She rode plenty of stuff. Basically all the rides in Fantasyland- IASW, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White was still there at the time.
She also rode the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Buzz, Magic Carpets, People Mover.

Not sure about the Speedway, but the fumes from that always give me a headache, so I stay away from that ride most of the time.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
bbinnsGA
Earning My Ears

Awesome!!!!!!!!! Shes only 3 mths now so its hard to imagine her on those but they were always my favorites as a kid (besides IASW...shoot me now)

Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
kohlby
DIS Veteran

My youngest's first trip was at 11 months. (And I've had kids younger than that twice, including 2 months old!) There's a lot! I can't remember what the minimum is on the Speedway. We didn't look to see what the minimum height was when he was 11 months for him - since it was a little complicated with all three kids under the drive alone height. (So hubby went with the oldest and we did rider swap for the middle child). He was plenty tall enough this last trip at 2.5 years old though.
kohlby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
MommytoaSweetie
DIS Veteran

Yep, I'll just give a "ditto" to the others' responses... they can do so much! Also, if you have an Ergo or similar carrier, it can be a lifesaver, because you can wear your child on many rides (on your front of course)... when my younger DD was 10 months, she went in the Ergo half the time just because it was fast - you can still get through Fantasyland in the first hour and just park the stroller - and it became her comfortable nap place (she'd "ask" to go in when she was tired), which worked out great for us because we could still do rides while she slept. So yeah, they can pretty much do anything without a height requirement, and you'll have a great trip!!

We are so blessed! Trip to WDW in the 80s courtesy of Make-A-Wish, two trips in the 90s thanks to youth group and a band trip, then a trip in 2004 with DH - what started the trend. Another short trip in 2005, a trip to DisneyLand in 2008 with our DD1, another trip to WDW in 2008 with DD1, trip in 2010 with DD1 and DD2, and just another in February 2011 with DD1 and DD2. It's been amazing!

DH, me, and our two beautiful girls (5 and 3)

Our dining report from our February 2011 trip
MommytoaSweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoaSweetie View Post
if you have an Ergo or similar carrier, it can be a lifesaver, because you can wear your child on many rides
DITTO!! I loved my Ergo that trip!!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

There is alot she can do. We took DD at 9 months. She loved just watching everything. We took her again at 21 months. She was even more fun because she LOVED characters. Daddy, was happy because she was tall enough to do the Speedway. We are taking her again in November. She will be 2 and a half. I think this time is going to be even more fun.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
bbinnsGA
Earning My Ears

We have a ergo and a mei tei and they both are being brought LOL. I wear my 2 year old and her almost constantly so I dont think I could leave home without it LOL. In fact shes 3.5 mths and only seen the inside of a stroller once because a friend and I wanted to see her reaction when we went on a walk.

Thank you for the responses!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: