Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
hiptigger
Earning My Ears

Help, Mickey's Halloween Party!

"We are taking our daughter to Disneyland for the first time next week for her Birthday. Due to a glitch in ordering, I never got my Mickeys Halloween Party Tickets for 10/23! If any one knows of how I could get a couple I would be SO greatful!! Thank you so much!! "

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in my above post that got closed. I'm not looking to buy tickets here, I was just looking for tips as to how I might get tickets! I have been told, some hotels have tickets & there are some available at the park even though the event is sold out. I was just hoping for some insight as to the best way to get some of the few tickets that are available around the park. We are staying at the Paradise Pier for 4 nights. Thanks!!
hiptigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiptigger View Post

"We are taking our daughter to Disneyland for the first time next week for her Birthday. Due to a glitch in ordering, I never got my Mickeys Halloween Party Tickets for 10/23! If any one knows of how I could get a couple I would be SO greatful!! Thank you so much!! "

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in my above post that got closed. I'm not looking to buy tickets here, I was just looking for tips as to how I might get tickets! I have been told, some hotels have tickets & there are some available at the park even though the event is sold out. I was just hoping for some insight as to the best way to get some of the few tickets that are available around the park. We are staying at the Paradise Pier for 4 nights. Thanks!!
I am the one who closed your thread before. And now you've opened another one. Generally, if we close a thread it's because it is veering into territory that is not allowed on the DIS - in this case it is opening up the field for people to jump in and say, "I have tickets for sale."

There are no secret tips or tricks for getting MHP tickets other than what you've already been told or read. The best thing to do is call Disney directly and see if there may be any possibility of them releasing more tickets or day-of-event tickets. If the tickets are sold out and there are none available at the ticket booths on the day of the event, and if the hotels don't have any, then the tickets are sold out.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
hiptigger
Earning My Ears

Yes, I did open another thread because I wanted to make clear I wasn't trying to buy tickets here! I was just looking for help as to where we might be able to find tickets as I've heard that even though they are officially sold out, there are often many still available!

Maybe there are other friendly experts that have some helpful tips? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks so much!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Yes, I did open another thread because I wanted to make clear I wasn't trying to buy ticket here, just looking for help as to where we might be able to find tickets as I've heard even though they are officially sold out there are often many still available!

Maybe there are other friendly experts that have some helpful tips? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Even if you were not trying to buy tickets, other people see it as an opportunity to try to sell their tickets. That's why the threads like these get closed.

I've been saying in my Halloween at DLR Superthread that the Day of Event tickets are often available (in the past they were) - however, recent reports have come in about the parties and the Day of Event tickets have not been available. Some folks have said that the hotels will occasionally have some tickets on hand to give to guests, but that is not always the case. You'd have to ask the people at the Paradise Pier about those and if they have any.

So the only thing to do is call Disney and ask if they might release more tickets before the parties - like, say, if a few tickets they were holding for certain groups or companies suddenly free up.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

All the friendly experts are going to tell you the same thing that friendly Sherry () told you (there have been several threads asking the same question for a couple of weeks now, I think). The best tips everyone have given is to call Disneyland directly, or to go to the park and see if you can purchase tickets there. I'm sure that they know that not everyone accesses the computer for online sales, and so they have tickets for people to walk up and buy them.

Having said that, the parties are extremely popular this year and I think many of us have been caught by surprise that so many are selling out.

Since you are staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel, you might try & reach out to Vacation Planning and see if they can get the tickets for you now and send them to you. Here is their information:

Vacation Planning Office
1-714/300-7520 (for guests staying at the Disneyland Resort Hotels)
Or email them at vacationplanning@disneyonline.com
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

I think you have received great advice from Sherry and Mary Jo, but honestly...what did you expect people to tell you here? The tickets are ONLY sold by Disney. If it is sold out, it is sold out. Where else do you expect to be told to go to get tickets?
Old 10-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
hiptigger
Earning My Ears

I do thank you Sherry and Mary Jo for taking the time to write and offer your feedback!! I guess when I posted this question for the second time but rephrased it, Sherry seemed a bit short with me for posting again. I'm honestly just looking for tips, not wanting to buy from another person on this sight! I thought that is what these boards were for, getting information, and I have found them very helpful for other tips in planning our vacation! I will try your suggestions.

Girimama33, I have heard that hotels have tickets & even sometimes some are reserved at the ticket booths for same day sales! I was looking for confirmation on this and/or tips as to how to be one of the lucky ones to get these....honestly, sheesh! I did go originally thru the Disney website weeks ago and ordered tickets but due to a "glitch" I never got them.

Thanks again for the advise!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
Girimama33

Quote:
I do thank you Sherry and Mary Jo for taking the time to write and offer your feedback!! I guess when I posted this question for the second time but rephrased it, Sherry seemed a bit short with me for posting again. I'm honestly just looking for tips, not wanting to buy from another person on this sight! I thought that is what these boards were for, getting information, and I have found them very helpful for other tips in planning our vacation! I will try your suggestions.

Girimama33, I have heard that hotels have tickets & even sometimes some are reserved at the ticket booths for same day sales! I was looking for confirmation on this and/or tips as to how to be one of the lucky ones to get these....honestly, sheesh! I did go originally thru the Disney website weeks ago and ordered tickets but due to a "glitch" I never got them.

Thanks again for the advise!
Sorry...I don't mean to be sooo snippy, but this is like the 50th post of this kind in the last 3 weeks...
In the past they have been available the day of, but I know a few people have called Disney directly to confirm. Disney is stating that if it is sold out on the website, there will be no tickets available for same day purchase.
I say it doesn't hurt to check, but make sure you are at the ticket booth at opening the day of the HP. Good luck!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Porturican
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
Sorry...I don't mean to be sooo snippy, but this is like the 50th post of this kind in the last 3 weeks...
In the past they have been available the day of, but I know a few people have called Disney directly to confirm. Disney is stating that if it is sold out on the website, there will be no tickets available for same day purchase.
I say it doesn't hurt to check, but make sure you are at the ticket booth at opening the day of the HP. Good luck!
Do you know what time the ticket booths open?
Porturican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did go originally thru the Disney website weeks ago and ordered tickets but due to a "glitch" I never got them.
No email, no order confirmation, no charges, no nothing? What does Disney say when you call them to ask what on earth happened?

It's not even YOU that could end up thinking of buying someone else's tickets based on your post, but others. And that's what they are trying to avoid, by closing posts with this subject. *Anyone* thinking it's a good idea to buy someone else's tickets.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 10-11-2012 at 03:14 PM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
hiptigger
Earning My Ears

Thanks Girimama33!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
Girimama33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porturican View Post
Do you know what time the ticket booths open?
I believe an hour before the parks are scheduled to open.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
No email, no order confirmation, no charges, no nothing? What does Disney say when you call them to ask what on earth happened?

It's not even YOU that could end up thinking of buying someone else's tickets based on your post, but others. And that's what they are trying to avoid, by closing posts with this subject. *Anyone* thinking it's a good idea to buy someone else's tickets.
Thank you, Molly -

That's exactly what I meant above when I said "other people see it as an opportunity to try to sell their tickets." Meaning, sell their tickets to anyone, not just the OP!

As Girimama33 and Mary Jo said, there have been a lot of these threads popping up lately, and they've all had to be closed. (Plus, when the mods have to close a thread, it is generally for a good reason and we don't expect to see it pop up again soon after.)

In any case, all the suggestions/tips/advice seem to basically be the same and pointing at the same things. I don't think there are any magic tips to getting tickets, especially now, at the rate things are going with the MHP.

This year is kind of an anomaly in terms of the pace at which the tickets are selling out, so I don't think anyone really knows how to get tickets from Disney other than through the suggestions already mentioned. It wasn't quite this way for the last couple of years so, as Mary Jo said, many of us have been caught by surprise that so many of the parties are selling out.

I blame it on the Villains - the Villains have been made to be more exclusive to the MHP and not as available in the daytime. Now everyone who wants to meet Villains is heading to the party. You can't have Halloween Time without seeing some Villains, after all, so there's no choice but to buy MHP tickets.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Another DIS'er (eric4) in a different thread posted this: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...95&postcount=5

If the Disneyland Hotel confirmed to him that they have some party tickets available on the day of the event, maybe you can get the Paradise Pier to confirm this for you as well...and then just make sure you are standing there at the desk, or wherever they sell the tickets in the hotel, at the very minute they become available. I think that calling the PPH directly - they have their own direct phone number (I had to call it once), but I don't have it handy - and contacting Vacation Planning (as Mary Jo suggested) are the best bets to be sure they will have some tickets.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #15
hiptigger
Earning My Ears

Thank you again. I will beg when we check in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: