Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Teppan Edo question

Hello everyone! I was excited to get a reservation at Teppan Edo last night but had a question about the menu. Does anyone know what the hibachi dinners come with? By us it's typically clear soup, salad, shrimp, veggies, noodles and rice. Would you recommend it over a place like Kobe? Thanks.

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap
Hello everyone! I was excited to get a reservation at Teppan Edo last night but had a question about the menu. Does anyone know what the hibachi dinners come with? By us it's typically clear soup, salad, shrimp, veggies, noodles and rice. Would you recommend it over a place like Kobe? Thanks.
there are no appetizers included with your dinner. that is extra. dinner includes your main dish plus dessert. you get also 3 dipping sauces, noodles, and rice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Never been to Kobe, but had Teppan Edo

Teppan Edo lunch/dinner is delicious, and is usually a must-do for us. Unfortunately, its coming out of the rotation next year. You only get an appetizer if you have the DXDP, or pay OOP. Otherwise, its just your entree, white rice, udon noodles with veggies, and the dipping sauce, as the prior poster mentioned. The portion is not as large as other TS in Epcot, so if this is your one big meal for the day, and you're a big eater, you may leave hungry. It also takes a bit longer (not complaining, just sayin'), so if your hoping to be done within an hour, you may wish to allow yourself more time. You sit with a group of other people that all have to be served along with you, so that takes time. It is an experience if you've never been, though, cause the chef makes a cute little show of it, like a Mickey Volcano made of onions, and plays Nemo with the shrimp.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannn
Teppan Edo lunch/dinner is delicious, and is usually a must-do for us. Unfortunately, its coming out of the rotation next year. You only get an appetizer if you have the DXDP, or pay OOP. Otherwise, its just your entree, white rice, udon noodles with veggies, and the dipping sauce, as the prior poster mentioned. The portion is not as large as other TS in Epcot, so if this is your one big meal for the day, and you're a big eater, you may leave hungry. It also takes a bit longer (not complaining, just sayin'), so if your hoping to be done within an hour, you may wish to allow yourself more time. You sit with a group of other people that all have to be served along with you, so that takes time. It is an experience if you've never been, though, cause the chef makes a cute little show of it, like a Mickey Volcano made of onions, and plays Nemo with the shrimp.
Thanks guys, I guess that's what I was hoping not to hear. I'd love to eat right in the park and then be right there for the fireworks, but overall, I think it may be more worth it to go to an off site place and come back. I would think they'd go above and beyond at a Disney restaurant. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Soup and salad are not included. You can purchase them separately.

Teppan Edo does not serve fried rice. Steamed rice only.

Quote:
I would think they'd go above and beyond at a Disney restaurant.
Teppan Edo is not operated by Disney. It is operated by a Japanese company, Mitsukoshi. It is different from what you might get at an American chain Japanese steakhouse.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
Bitsmommy
Mouseketeer

We don't do this because we are very used to Kibe and don't think our kids will like it at all. Not to mention if our oldest wants sushi!!! I can't afford to feed that bottomless put sushi at Disney world!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
cmh314
Mouseketeer

The portions will definatly be less than what you're used to at other Hibachi style restaurants. But the food was very good and the chef was entertaining. I'd give it a try - if you're still hungry later you can always sample some tasty treats in one of the other World Showcase pavillions. My kids loved it here. I only wish they had steak on the kids menu (not sure if they do now, but they did not when we went) as that is what they like to eat at Hibachi restaurants. But my DH ordered steak and the kids got shrimp I think and he traded with them, so it all worked out.
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

We LOVE Teppan Edo.

We hit our local Japanese hibachi restaurant every couple of weeks. The portions were smaller than the local restaurant, but that's not saying much. I can eat 1.5 - 2 meals with the leftovers typically. At Teppan Edo, I just finished most of the food.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
stephie1012
DIS Veteran

We ate there on Thursday. I wish they had steak on the kids menu, my ds and dd2 would have loved that. They don't have fried rice at all anymore pretty sure they did in 09 when we went. Salad and soup are extra and there is no shrimp appetizer. The food was yummy! Love the sauces. We had a female chef and she was awesome. So nice too bad she's going back home this week.
We also had for the first time issues with our dining partners. One of the women sitting at our table was obviously drunk and was very sloppy, not fun at all.
February 2010-CBR
February 2011-offsite Star Island
Sept/Oct 2012 AoA
stephie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

for what its worth, my son and i CAN EAT, (i can polish off the Tonga Toast myself lol) and we always leave stuffed. Their filet, noodles and dessert is incredible. Very good food, and the show is awesome. I highly recommend this place.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Loved the meal! I thought it was just the right amount of food!

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
Alice1386
Mouseketeer

If you are on the dining plan it is one entree (either a single meat or a combination), udon noodles, and white rice followed by dessert. It is less food than you typically get at an American chain, but we love the authenticity and culture, not to mention that the service has always been outstanding!
Alice1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #13
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Teppan Edo

We are HUGE Teppan EDO Fans...

Here is our review with pics....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...o_Florida.html

Teppan Edo is the one restaurant that we have never skipped as a family...in approximately 13 visits since Epcot opened....

We NEVER leave hungry.... We love the veggies, and meal... white rice is served which is authentic Japanese....no soup or salad those are extra.

Fried rice has not been served at Teppan Edo.... perhaps it was served at Teppan Yaki..... I seem to remember that but I'm glad that Teppan Edo is more authentic...the show is always super... and a nice break from the park...

Have a magical visit !

Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #14
mrsap

Thanks everyone for your honest reviews. My hubby and I are going to talk about it. I'm a huge hibachi fan so I think I'd be happy anywhere! The pictures definitely look good. Thanks for them! We do not have a dining plan, as we are staying off property. Thanks again!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #15
kaybird
DIS Veteran

This has been our must do restaurant since the beginning! Very traditional, we lived in Japan, and we like it much more than the more Americanized versions. We have never left hungry, and think the show is well worth the time.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: