Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
CerysG
Mouseketeer

Flex tickets with your hotel package?

I'm wondering if they are worth it. They are for 14 days and we will only be staying at Universal for 8. We want to do the two water parks and seaworld and a number of days at Universal. We will also be doing one day at Discovery cove which isn't covered under the flex tickets. I like the fact that its unlimited access so if we went to a water park till late afternoon we could still go to the park in the evening. My kids love Universal so found last time we were there that 3 days wasn't enough. We'll be staying on site as well so have that advantage as well. I haven't priced out everything but just wandered what others feel about these flex tickets. Thanks
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I think the first step is decide what you want to do.

Then price it all out.

And that will make your decision for you.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Not sure if you are talking about getting a package from the www.universalorlando.com website.

We, here on the boards, advise that you do it all separately. Get your tickets from www.undercovertourist.com and book your hotel at http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR

You might want to look at getting one AP for the discounts. You can use the code APH, to check for lower rates on the above website. Depending on when you are going, there might be some great deals. However, if you aren't going for a while yet, the rates may not be up yet.

If you book separately, there are no fees incurred for changes before the 6 day out mark. You can also adjust your rate if the rate changes, which is often does.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
CerysG
Mouseketeer

What kind of hotel discount do you get for an AP? It's about $50 more then just getting a 4 day park to park ticket so you would have to get at least that back to make it worth while. I have CAA so I know there is some discount with that.
I'm thinking though that since we are doing Discovery Cove we get passes to Sea World and Aquatica so maybe the flex pass isn't worht it in the end.
We likely want to do Wet and Wild as well but I don't think they are crazy expensive.
Does UCT send you actual tickets? Last time we went we got pieces of paper from the place we bought them from and then we ended up standing in line forever to get the actual tickets. But if we are staying on site do we just get them at the hotel?
Sounds like the packages aren't such a good deal in the end.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
What kind of hotel discount do you get for an AP? It's about $50 more then just getting a 4 day park to park ticket so you would have to get at least that back to make it worth while. I have CAA so I know there is some discount with that.
I'm thinking though that since we are doing Discovery Cove we get passes to Sea World and Aquatica so maybe the flex pass isn't worht it in the end.
We likely want to do Wet and Wild as well but I don't think they are crazy expensive.
Does UCT send you actual tickets? Last time we went we got pieces of paper from the place we bought them from and then we ended up standing in line forever to get the actual tickets. But if we are staying on site do we just get them at the hotel?
Sounds like the packages aren't such a good deal in the end.
You can get up to a 40% off discount with the code APH but it varies. UCT sends you actual tickets.

You don't get any discounts booking the package and they may up being more expensive since your rate is locked in.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i have not seen any bargains by booking the package for UO.

purchase everything separate is the best way financially.

if you book with the AP rate, some dates are really cheap.
weekday in october around hhn, the nightly rate was $225 for when i went.
I paid $144 base for those weekday nights.

I used the AAA for booking rooms prior to having the AP.
one year i received a 25% discount on that rate.

i have never used the flex tickets so i can't say much about using them.

by staying onsite at the darkside, you can get free transportation shuttle from the hotel to Aquatica, Sea World and Wet & Wild.
it's a hotel perk.

can't say the room rates i received will be the same for your dates.
it really depends on the month/dates you are going.

the CAA and AAA are the same for discounts.
Both will allow you a 10% off merch and food in the parks. (carts excluded)

some promos come out all the time.
right now on the UO website and at AAA, buy a 2 day park ticket, get the 3rd day free.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
CerysG
Mouseketeer

We are planning on going about the 15th of August, staying at Universal for 8 days and then moving on to Disney for 8 days.
So it's likely that a AP would give a better discount the being a CAA member?
I did some number crunching and it is better not to do the package. With Discovery Cove giving us passes for SeaWorld and Aquatica, I'd only have to buy Universal (4 days my girls want) and one day at Wet and Wild.
I think we would stay in a Queen Delux at the HRH since there are 5 of us and that would give us some more room.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i do not remember the type of rates the ap gave for the month of august this year.

check out the 2012 date and rate thread and see what others received for that time period you have planned for your next trip.

it might give you a general range of what to expect for when the ap rates do come out for next year.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: