Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
abreynol
Earning My Ears

Elf on The Shelf at WDW

My family is going to be at WDW the first week of December. Our Elf, Trigg, usually makes his appearance on Thanksgiving and stays until Christmas. As we will be vacationing during his time with us, I am trying to think of at least 7 ideas that will be easy to set up while in a hotel room. Our Elf usually does silly pranks (turns milk green, fishes in toilet, etc) but also does some normal activities like movie night or reading Christmas books. The only ideas I have so far are that I sewed up a tiny pair of swim trunks for the FL theme and I also made a tiny pair of Mickey ears. Any others ideas for this crafty momma! Thanks!!
abreynol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abreynol
My family is going to be at WDW the first week of December. Our Elf, Trigg, usually makes his appearance on Thanksgiving and stays until Christmas. As we will be vacationing during his time with us, I am trying to think of at least 7 ideas that will be easy to set up while in a hotel room. Our Elf usually does silly pranks (turns milk green, fishes in toilet, etc) but also does some normal activities like movie night or reading Christmas books. The only ideas I have so far are that I sewed up a tiny pair of swim trunks for the FL theme and I also made a tiny pair of Mickey ears. Any others ideas for this crafty momma! Thanks!!
My elf is coming on vacation w/ us dec 1st too! I might have to borrow your Mickey hat for her.
If u can have the elf in bed watching tv w/ the remote when u come back to the room. He could hid in a bag of snacks....chips or something. Drape toilet paper over the room. Maybe pack some mini marshmallos and put in a bowl for a hot tub/ bath.

You may already have done these....good luck and have fun!

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
abreynol
Earning My Ears

Great ideas! Thanks!!

Here are my ears and swim trunks...although you would apparently need a bikini for yours since she is a girl!

If you think of anymore, write them here! I bet there are other families taking their elves on vacation!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
abreynol
Earning My Ears

I also thought that since we plan to buy a Duffy Bear while there, that we could bring a map and have Trigg showing Duffy where he will be moving!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Oh wow, I totally forgot about our elf. We are cruising the Panama Canal for 2 weeks in December. What to do with a little elf in an elf-sized cabin?
Our DS is only 4, so we have told him the last couple years when Gerald is in the same spot the next day that he must have really been comfortable! I don't think I can get away with that for long.
Plus, do you think the housekeepers/room stewards know that little ones are not supposed to touch, and wouldn't place them somewhere cute themselves like they do with other stuffed animals and toys? What would you do if you came back to the room and found him tucked into you DC's bed?
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
abreynol
Earning My Ears

I thought about the fact that they might move the Elf....mine are 2 and 6, so the 2 year old won't think anything of it. I will tell the 6 year old that Trigg must have been playing while we were at the parks.

You definitely won't get away with forgetting much longer with a 4 year old!

Maybe you can take a toy boat and say the elf came and went on its own boat. Or you could also make a swim suit or maybe use a Barbie/Ken one if it fits. Bring a lunchbox cold pack and say he used it to cool off since it was so hot in South America.

Good luck!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
radetoan
Earning My Ears

I wouldn't do anything too messy to bother the mousekeepers.

How about having your elf sitting and writing postcards to Santa and the reindeer?

Depending on where you are staying, you could decorate the window or bathroom mirror with window clings. They sell them at the dollar store - last year they had Disney Christmas ones.

He could present your child with an autograph book and pen or some other souvenir.

Candy canes are small and easy to pack. Maybe you could put some in your room with packets of hot chocolate in a Disney mug.

You could bring a small tree (12") from home and decorate it. (They have them at AC Moore and Michael's Craft Stores.)

Grab a sweet treat like a giant cookie or a rice krispie treat and leave it for your child.

You elf could be coloring in a Disney coloring book with a brand new pack of crayons or reading a new book.

If you are looking for mischief, you can tangle him up in the phone cord trying to order room service with the menu nearby.
radetoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
abreynol
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by radetoan
I wouldn't do anything too messy to bother the mousekeepers.

How about having your elf sitting and writing postcards to Santa and the reindeer?

Depending on where you are staying, you could decorate the window or bathroom mirror with window clings. They sell them at the dollar store - last year they had Disney Christmas ones.

He could present your child with an autograph book and pen or some other souvenir.

Candy canes are small and easy to pack. Maybe you could put some in your room with packets of hot chocolate in a Disney mug.

You could bring a small tree (12") from home and decorate it. (They have them at AC Moore and Michael's Craft Stores.)

Grab a sweet treat like a giant cookie or a rice krispie treat and leave it for your child.

You elf could be coloring in a Disney coloring book with a brand new pack of crayons or reading a new book.

If you are looking for mischief, you can tangle him up in the phone cord trying to order room service with the menu nearby.
I definitely wouldn't do anything messy, and I would clean up after myself if I did!

Those are great ideas!! Thanks! I will def tie him up in the phone cord, my 6 yr old will think that is hysterical.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

There were some other ideas on this post I remembered seeing:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....&highlight=elf

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

love the ears & swin trunks... yes I'm getting mine, Pepper Paisley, a biniki!

You can bring a xmas stocking for the elf to hide in or out of. I like the order room service/phone idea.... Hum...thinking....making make a elf size rice crispy treat and bring it w/ you or say a wrapper from an ice cream and act like the elf ate it in the room... A new one (for me) at home I was going to make donuts (cherrios -covered w/ toppings) on a tray.

I think it was mentioned, but maybe leave a little gift for your child. Take some gold fish crackers and rod to go fishing in the toliet or sink or bowl....

I can't wait for the elf to visit this year!! We're going on a cruise first and I'm making some magnets w/ her name on it for the door!

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: