Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Not a Restaurant, but would like dining review!

Hi all! Me and DH plan on an "off-day", just to go to DTD and do a little shopping and walking around. Anyway, in the evening, we are thinking of going to the Theater and try their dining-in seating.

Just wondering if anyone has done the movie/eating experience, and how it was...their menu looks quite extensive, and I guess you can order drinks too!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I've read some other reviews that say it quite nice....I plan on trying it soon! google it.....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
raraavis
Mouseketeer

you're talking about amc's dine in theater right? i have done it several times where i live (but never in the DTD theater specifically). here are the bad things: the food is mediocre as one would expect (not bad or anything, just average). the drinks are weak, so we stuck with beer after our first attempt. refills are hard to come by (even when you push the call button). the "tables" are too far from the seats, so you have to sit on the very edge of your seat to eat.

there are two types of seating: fork and screen and cinema suites. we have only eaten in fork and screen but have wanted to try cinema suites since they are nicer (they cost extra though). the only reason we never tried cinema suites is because the movies we have wanted to see were never being shown in cinema suites, so we got stuck in fork and screen.

overall, i actually liked the experience (i know from my negatives listed above, it sounds like i didn't like it!). i think there are better places to eat in DTD (maybe grab earl of sandwich to go and bring it into a regular theater?). but it is nice to eat and watch the movie at the same time. the servers do a good job of not getting in the way of the screen too.

if you planned to see a movie anyway, then i say give it a shot. but if you were doing this in lieu of other disney plans, i would say skip it and wait to try it out when you're back home (if you have one there). hope that helps!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
jimandami
DIS Veteran

We have done it a couple times and really enjoyed it. The food is nothing fancy but surprisingly tasty!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

I've never been to the DTD Fork and Screen theaters but I have been to one in Kansas City. It's a little pricey and the food is just isn't gormet but the experience is really fun.

I just checked the menu and the DTD location and it is the same as where I have eaten so I'll tell you what I have liked in the past.

The Crab Rangoon dip is amazing. I really love this, usually share with my husband and we fight for the last bits, lol.

I love the flavored chicken tenders, they used to have a thai peanut one that I really loved but now no longer on the menu . The Coconut and Buffalo chicken tenders are both very good substitutes though
I have also had the Bistro chicken mac and cheese and thought it was very good. Rich and creamy, yummy.
My husband loves the Blue Max burger. Wants to get this every time so it must be good.

I say go and enjoy yourself. It's fun to drink from real glasses and eat from real plates using silverware while watching a movie. The service I've experienced in the past was always really great, this was a different location so I can't vouch for DTD's service but I'm assuming it is probably very good. When you need anything, you just press a button and a server comes almost right away. They also bring you the check about 20-30 mins before the end of the movie so that as soon as it's over you are ready to leave without waiting around to settle the bill.

I hope you have a good time and enjoy it! I live in Orlando now and going to the Fork and Screen here is on my list of must do's!
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Here are a couple of reviews for you from The Disney Food Blog and a whole page of them from Urbanspoon.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...creen-theater/

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...wntown-disney/

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/26/15942...ke-Buena-Vista
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys!! It sounds perfect for a nice relaxing evening after shopping at DTD!! We're doing so many special dining events that week, I think it'll be a nice break from a sit-down restaurant or special event. I don't expect "gourmet" but it sounds like it will be perfect for a relaxing night of entertainment. Now I need to go onto IMDB to see what's going to be out that week...might be the perfect time to watch Frankenweenie!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: