DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

a booking question

hey everyone
thanks in advance for any help!!!

i am in process of hopefully getting a 100 point VRB contract with 2012 points gone and UY august . all 2013 point available and also 2014 as well, if i get the contract and we close by January 2013 would i be able to book a September 2013 vacation at BLT needing 172 points at my 7 month window by borrowing the 2014 points in February 2013 or do i have to wait til august 2013 for the UY
thanks again for a newbie.
over!!!!
Disdad member #651
Dis dad , DW and DS. World Travelers solving the world's problems one trip at a time!!
hardrock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Your UY doesn't determine when you can call to make a reservation. You can always call at 11 months in advance of your check-in date at your home resort, and 7 months for non-home resorts to check availability and book reservations.

UY determines what points are used for a particular stay and controls when you can bank points.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Yes, you would. A September '13 stay is in your '13 UY. So yes you could use your current August '13 points for that stay, as well as borrowing your August '14 points.

One way to think about it, is that your contract, already has ALL the points it will ever have until it expires (is VB 2042?) The UY determines when those points are valid for stays. August '13 points are valid for stays from August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2014.

A stay that occurs in your '13 UY outlined above, can be "paid for" using any banked '12 points you might have, any current '13 points and any borrowed '14 points (if needed.)

Booking window is entirely separate. Home resort is always 11 months before check in date, non home resort is always 7 months before check in date. You just need to determine what UY your stay falls in and that you have sufficient points that are valid for a stay within that UY.

Make sense?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I think that you should be fine booking September in January, September is generally a slow travel time because of school starting. While DVC doesn't always follow the trends, I think DVC Bookings are pretty slow for September, too...Excpet perhaps the EPCOT area resorts when Food & Wine fest starts.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Well yes, but s/he would be booking in February for September (7 months out.) As long as you are not counting on being able to get or needing to get to afford it, a standard view at BLT, you should be fine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: