Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
canadian_mouse
Mouseketeer

Height requirement for resort water slides?

I'm thinking of booking a mod this time and I see that the pools have water slides. Is there a height requirement for the slides? Do they end in deep water? My kids are young and small but very good swimmers. They would be totally bummed if they weren't allowed on the water slides. So bummed, that if the are not allowed on due to height, I'd probably just book a value.

Thanks!!!
canadian_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
MelissaTnNc
Mouseketeer

DD3 and DS5 rode the big and small slides at BLT and wore floaties on the way down. They loved it! DH was able to stand at the bottom of each slide(not at the exact end of the big slide, but close) to scooch them over to the side when they got to the end.
May 2014 BlueGreen/SSR
MelissaTnNc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_mouse View Post
I'm thinking of booking a mod this time and I see that the pools have water slides. Is there a height requirement for the slides? Do they end in deep water? My kids are young and small but very good swimmers. They would be totally bummed if they weren't allowed on the water slides. So bummed, that if the are not allowed on due to height, I'd probably just book a value.

Thanks!!!
I'll speak specifically to POFQ since that's where we were in August, but I'm sure it pertains to all. No height requirement at all. The slide ends in about 3 ft of water. Kids don't even have to be swimmers as they can wear vests without any issue (vests are provided free to use during your stay).
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

My (almost) three year old went down the slide at the Contemporary last week. The slide exits in the shallow end of the pool, and I just had my mom there to catch him. He wore his lifejacket.

When we were at OKW in April, the lifeguard told us that DS could have gone down the slide, and he wasn't even two and a half then. Dh wanted to do it, but I thought that he was still a little young.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

I agree with the PPs .... there were some tiny tots on the big slide at CSR. And they have plenty of the little life jackets to go around, so I would think the kiddies would be just fine. Like others said, just be at the bottom to catch them!!

IMGP7132 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7103 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr
Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

My DD went down the slides at BLT and AKV 2 weeks before her 2 nd birthday. We caught her at the bottom. the life guards were fine with it as she was able to go down sitting up and was obviously enjoying herself.
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: