Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
RDP
DIS Veteran

Rate My ADR,s

Not long until our WDW trip, got lots of places booked to eat at as part of the DDP. All that and the Food and Wine festival to fit in also: Here is a list of our ADR,s.

Kona
Sci Fi Dining
Crystal Palace
Coral Reef
Yachtsman Stakehouse
Chef de France
CRT
Yak and Yeti
Cape May
Via Napoli
Rose & Crown

Anyone been out lately with recommendations for any of the menus?
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Disbabe
DIS Veteran

Also interested in this thread. We have Free DDP next August and you have some similar ADR's to the ones I want to eventually make (can't wait for february!)

Here's my list:

Cape May Cafe - Dinner
Ohana - Dinner
Sci-Fi - Dinner
Akershus Royal Banquet - Dinner
Boma - Dinner
Be Our Guest - Dinner
Coral Reef - Dinner

Lunch's will be counter service.

We have done Crystal Palace twice now at lunchtime on our wedding anniversaries (both times). We loved it. Being a buffet - you'll easily find something you will enjoy. Not had bad food or bad service there.
We've also done Chef Mickey's (Dinner), 1900 Park Fayre (Dinner) and Tusker House (Breakfast) and enjoyed them all.
DLRP April 2000 , Wynfield Inn (village premier) May 2001, Quality Inn International Drive May 2002, 4 Bedroomed Villa Clear Creek May 2003, DLRP October 2003 , DLRP August 2004 , Fairfield Inn Marriott Village May 2005, DLRP December 2007 , Cypress Pointe Resort (Grand Villas) March 2008, Cypress Pointe Resort (Grand Villas) July 2009, Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa July 2010, Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel, Anaheim & Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites, Westwood July 2011, Cypress Pointe Resort/Disney's Beach Club Resort July 2013 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa August 2014

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Disbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Kona - Eaten here twice, first time great, 2nd time a poor server.
Sci Fi Dining - Never been
Crystal Palace - Had 2 breakfasts here and 1 dinner, great for getting into the park when empty, not a fan of the food, average Disney buffet, prefer Chef Mickeys myself
Coral Reef - We were put at the back with a bad server, didn't enjoy it at all.
Yachtsman Stakehouse - Great steaks but rubbish desserts.
Chef de France - early dinner so we got to see Remy, food was OK but we went for Remy not the food.
CRT - Every disney fan needs to dine in the castle but what a let down, very poor server wanted all 3 courses ordering at once so I said no to that, near end of the dining sequence so the characters just wanted to get away, absolutely no interaction. poor food. Everything about it was rush to get us food and out.
Yak and Yeti - Great food, again a poor server this trip but we like the food.
Cape May - DW doesn't eat anything fron the ocean so struggled for food, small buffet with too many people trying to get in, there were actual arguments about pushing in can't believe how frantic it was and people so stressed about some food.
Via Napoli - never been
Rose & Crown - Put this off for years, tried it this last trip, one of the best meals and best servers, great evening.

This time we were let down by the service, being a party of 6 and auto tip I feel made a massive difference, they were running around looking after smaller groups, I had to say something in Yak & Yeti, about 15 mins with an empty glass.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
Not long until our WDW trip, got lots of places booked to eat at as part of the DDP. All that and the Food and Wine festival to fit in also: Here is a list of our ADR,s.

Kona
Sci Fi Dining
Crystal Palace
Coral Reef
Yachtsman Stakehouse
Chef de France
CRT
Yak and Yeti
Cape May
Via Napoli
Rose & Crown

Anyone been out lately with recommendations for any of the menus?

We have gone for Kona as we,ve been there before and enjoyed it, we had a quiet lunch there. Its dinner this time so it will be interesting to see what the difference between the day and the evening is.

Sci Fi - We have picked this one as its meant to have the some of the best burgers in Disney! Looking forward to finding out!

CP- This is just for the characters, been before and always find plenty to eat, although if your paying OOP it not a cheap breakfast.

Coral Reef - Go to this one for the atmosphere, although we never had a bad meal, we have had bad tables for seeing the fish tank (often been sat right at the back of the restaurant)

Yachtsman - Not been to this one for years, its our ‘date’ night, putting the kids in kids club and having a signature!

Chef de France - Like Wayne, we are going for Remy, although we had a good meal there last time

CRT - Going in the evening, always been over lunch with the whole princess thing going on, interested to see if its any better. Again have always just gone for the kids.

Yak and Yeti - Love this place, its a bit of a brake from the usual park fair.

Cape May - Never been, so will see how that one goes!

Via Napoli - Eaten here once and loved it, going back for more.

Rose and Crown - Never eaten here, tempted by the menu.

Next job is to prioritise my food stands in F&W. Canada, South Africa, China so far! busy searching the reviews for the must do,s
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Kona - never eaten there

Sci Fi Dining - we love it there - great burgers, veggie burgers, veggie pasta, milk shakes, desserts

Crystal Palace - we had a terrible lunch there last year....we won't be going back..

Coral Reef - we like the food - had really good salmon there..

Yachtsman Stakehouse - not been

Chef de France - not been

CRT - not been

Yak and Yeti - we love it here - good food and service and excellent salmon

Cape May - we love the character breakfast here...never had any other meals

Via Napoli - never been

Rose & Crown - one of our favorites (together with yak & yeti)...great service and we love the salmon there...really yummy!!

---------------------

Cape May Cafe - Dinner - never been for dinner

Ohana - Dinner - never been

Sci-Fi - Dinner - only been for lunch, but i think the menu is the same...we enjoy it here...great burgers...

Akershus Royal Banquet - Dinner - never been

Boma - Dinner - i ate so much they had to take me out with a wheelbarrel...

Be Our Guest - Dinner - never been

Coral Reef - Dinner - enjoyed our meals there (lunch)...good salmon...
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

From your list we have only been to Via Napoli and Rose & Crown.

Via Napoli - Loved it, despite being a tad noisy when we went at 8.30pm, the crowds cleared out just before Illuminations. The food was lovely, best pizza we've ever had and will definately go again.

Rose and Crown - Again, loved it. The staff were brilliant, very chatty and attentive. We had a table on the terrace with a great view of Illuminations. I had the soup for starter, it was tomato and was hands down the best soup I've had!!!
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

From your list we have only eaten at Sci Fi, Rose and Crown & CRT.

Sci Fi - Loved the theming of this place and was really pleased with the level of service. The food was okay, nothing special in my opinion.

Rose and Crown - Service was good, we waited ages to get in. We had a 7.15 ressie but finally got seated at about 8ish. It worked out okay because we got a great view for IllumiNations. Other parties of 2 who said they hadn't made reservations got in before we did. By time we were seated I was starving, the food made up for it though. I loved the food. I would definitely eat here again.

CRT - We were a party of 2 with no kids and I have to say this was one of my highlights of the trip. The service was great (I was very happy to get a wand ). Belle got DH up for a pic. The food was lovely, I was very impressed.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
eyelady
Earning My Ears

We were on the DDP in September and I'll comment on our experiences this trip (our previous trip was 4 years ago so may not be relevant.) Two 50 something adults

Coral Reef - had a great meal here. The restaurant wasn't full, we were on the first tier rather than by the tank, but loved the whole experience. The food was excellent.

Ohanas - just loved it. Only criticism was that that dishes were brought out very quickly. The restaurant had opened about 20 mins before we were seated, and I think they brought our food at the same pace as the tables who had been there longer. The meat was excellent, and amazing with the dips.

Boma - very interesting. I liked it, and it was a nice opportunity to see AKL. My not so adventurous husband (who's not very keen on buffets anyway) had plenty to eat but said he didn't particularly want to go back. I enjoyed the soups and loved the salads.

I'm sure you'll enjoy wherever you eat - I think the food in Disney is generally very good and the standard of service high - which isn't to say that you won't catch an individual or restaurant on a bad day.
eyelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
l_mccafferty
DIS Veteran

From your list I've been to:

Kona - I had the Ginger Crusted Rib eye and DFi had the teriyaki new york strip, I was so disappointed with Kona

Sci Fi Dining - I had the Turkey Sandwich, it was huge and tasted so nice! DFi had the Angus Chuck Burger and really enjoyed it

Yak and Yeti - I had a chicken dish, it was really nice but we find AK also has good CS options so we haven't been back yet!

Via Napoli - Tried this for the first time this trip. I had an individual pizza with onions (these were carmelised), and DFi had a large pepperoni. The waiter warned him it would be too big for him but he can eat huge amounts of pizza so got it anyways and he couldnt finish 2 slices of it! I also had a glass of Rosa Regale and it was amazing
Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #10
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Heres our views:

Kona - eaten here a couple of times. Always good food and love the creme brulee for dessert. The ginger crusted ribeye is my fav entree.
Sci Fi Dining - never been
Crystal Palace - had both breakfast & dinner here. Dinner is expensive OOP but nice carving station and good choice. Breakfast standard fare but nice chocolate Mickey Waffles & breakfast lasagne.
Coral Reef - Been here a few times and won't bother to go back again. Food just OK however never been seated on time and last time we gave up waiting after 30 mins.
Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yummy steaks - any of them!
Chef de France - Really not impressed with food or service - best bot was the bread . Won't return.
CRT - Had breakfast and really enjoyed it much to my surprise. Wouldn't be an every trip ADR as its pricey however its on my list for next summer when we do free dining! Had the French toast and it was soooo good - DH had the steak & eggs and said it was good.
Yak and Yeti - never been as not in AK long enough to stay for dinner!
Cape May - Had breakfast - small buffet wouldn't bother unless staying at the Epcot resorts
Via Napoli - not been yet - booked twice and cancelled nothing to do with the restaurant just changed plans!
Rose & Crown - not been - don't really fancy it.

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
MichelinMan
I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

I notice you have some signature restaurants on that list, so assume that you will be paying OOP for some meals.

I have only eaten at the Sci Fi from that list (many years ago), and really enjoyed it as an experience, but I would pay OOP for that meal instead of using one of your credits.

Best meal we had at Disney was Restaurant Marrakesh - wouldn't mind going back again, but I want to try different restaurants next time.

July 1994 : WDW Off-Site on Honeymoon
July 2009 : DLP Newport Bay Club
July 2011 : DLP Disneyland Hotel
July 2013 : WDW Polynesian Resort / Hard Rock Universal / Renaissance SeaWorld
MichelinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: