Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Room Service

Just curious if anyone does room service @ WDW. We just added 3 extra nights @ CSR. I was happy to see they had a room service menu. I remember being so tired last year after a park day, all we did was get food & head straight to our room. What's the extra charge & is it any good? Not sure if anyone else is interested in this, but here is the menu I saw:

BREAKFAST
7 am to 11 am

Continental Breakfast - Fresh fruit cup, danish, muffin and a flaky croissant. Choice of orange, apple or grapefruit juice, Coffee, Decaf or Hot tea. $12.95

Light Start - Yogurt, granola bar, skim milk, fresh seasonal fruit cup and choice of orange, apple or grapefruit juice. $9.95

Fresh Fruit Plate - Assortment of fruit (pineapple, honeydew, and cantaloupe) served with our Yogurt of the Day $10.95

Breakfast Sandwich - Egg, Cheese and Ham on a biscuit served with a fruit cup. $5.95
On a croissant $6.95

Ham and Cheese Omelet - Diced Ham and Cheddar Cheese with Hash Browns or Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit $12.95

Pancakes - Stack of 3 pancakes with Maple Syrup and choice of Bacon or Sausage $9.95

Waffles - served with Maple Syrup and Banana fruit topping and choice of Bacon or Sausage $10.95

Coronado Breakfast - two Scrambled Eggs with choice of Bacon or Sausage and Hash Browns or Breakfast Potatoes and toast $12.95

Assorted Cold Cereals - with whole, lowfat or skim milk.
Choices include: Rice Krispies, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran or Corn Flakes. $3.95
With Banana, add $1.00; with Seasonal Berries add $2.00

A La Carte Breakfast
Hot Cereal - choice of oatmeal or grits with milk and brown sugar $6.50
Bagel with cream cheese $3.50
Side of Eggs $4.00
Side of sausage or bacon $3.50
Hashed Browns or Breakfast Potatoes $3.50
Biscuit $2.00
Fresh baked Muffin, Danish or Croissant $2.50
Fruit Bowl $6.00
Whole Fruit $0.95
Individual Fruit yogurt of the day $3.50

Breakfast Beverages
Freshly brewed 100% Columbian Coffee or Decaf
Small Pot 20 oz. $4.00
Large Pot 32 oz. $7.50
Small Pot Assorted Teas 20 oz. $4.50
Whole, Lowfat, Skim or Chocolate Milk $2.25
Bottled Water $3.00
Bottled Juices: Orange, Grapefruit, or Apple $3.00

Kid's Breakfast
7 am to 11 am

Mickey's Mini Waffles - Two mini waffles with Maple Syrup and choice of Bacon or Sausage and choice of Milk or Orange Juice $5.25

Buenos Dias Breakfast - One scrambled egg choice of Bacon or Sausage and choice of Hash Browns or Breakfast Potatoes and choice of Milk or Orange Juice $8.95

Assorted Cold Cereals - with whole, lowfat or skim milk.
Choices include: Rice Krispies, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran or Corn Flakes. $3.95
With Banana, add $1.00; with Seasonal Berries add $2.00

DINNER DINING
4:00 p .m. to 11 p.m.

Appetizers
Buffalo Wings - Chicken wings in a medium hot sauce. Served with celery sticks and blue cheese or ranch dressings. Disney Dozen (13) for $9.95 or 24 for $17.95

Side Salad - Tossed salad greens with your choice of dressings. The perfect accompaniment to any of our all day dining items. $3.75

Entrees
9" Hand Tossed Pizza - Pepper Market Special with a choice of toppings. Sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, onions and/or black olives. $12.95

Chef Salad - Cured ham, Genoa salami, smoked turkey and Swiss cheese, crisp greens, tomatoes, cucumber and black olives with your choice of dressing $9.95

Tuna Salad - served with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions $8.95

Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce, croutons, and classic Caesar dressing $7.95
With grilled chicken $12.95

Chicken Breast Sandwich - served with choice of Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, and potato chips. $10.95

Tuna Sandwich - Tuna salad, Lettuce, and Tomato on Wheat Roll with potato chips. $10.95

Submarine Sandwich - Smoked Turkey, Genoa Salami, Cured Ham, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles and Provolone Cheese on a roll served with creamy Cole Slaw and potato chips. $9.50

Club Style Croissant - Sliced Smoked Turkey, Bacon, Tomatoes, Lettuce on a flaky homemade Croissant. $9.95

Fried Chicken Bucket - Eight pieces of crisp fried chicken served with potato salad and creamy cole slaw $14.95

Kid's Dinner
Chicken Strips - Three chicken strips served with a Juice Box and a Cookie $5.95

Hot Dog - served with a Juice Box and a Cookie $4.75

A La Carte Dining
Bread $2.50
Cole Slaw $2.50
Potato Salad $2.50
Potato Chips $1.50
Soup of the Day $6.95
Fruit Bowl $6.00
Whole Fruit $.95

From the Bakery:
Brownie $2.50
Churros $2.50
Cinnamon Roll $2.50
Ask your Room Service Operator for our desserts of the day, prepared fresh daily at the Pepper Market Bakery. $4.25

Beverages
Freshly brewed 100% Columbian Coffee or Decaf
Small Pot 20 oz. $4.00
Large Pot 32 oz. $7.50
Coke, Diet Coke, or Sprite $2.50 each or $8.50 for a 6-pack
Bottled Water $3.00
Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I haven't used the room service, but it looks ok. Shouldn't be any additional charges, but you would of course be expected to tip.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We have done in room dining at YC/BC, GF and AKL. The menus were all different because In-Room dining is from the restaurants at the resorts.

There was an 18% gratuity, the sales tax and a small delivery fee (I think $3-$5) added onto the order.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
happy2012

thanx
Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

We do room service, usually breakfast because we are not early risers but like breakfast! It really is not that much more than a restaurant. IMO. Yes gratuity is added. Last time we ordered room service was at BLT. (MK view!) We got into the room around 5pm and we were so blown away by the view we didn't leave until the next morning. Oh well we did go get ice. The food was good, we got soups and sandwiches. Sometimes late night we will order a pizza from a moderate if that is all they offer. I think it is great after a loong day.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
happy2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
We do room service, usually breakfast because we are not early risers but like breakfast! It really is not that much more than a restaurant. IMO. Yes gratuity is added. Last time we ordered room service was at BLT. (MK view!) We got into the room around 5pm and we were so blown away by the view we didn't leave until the next morning. Oh well we did go get ice. The food was good, we got soups and sandwiches. Sometimes late night we will order a pizza from a moderate if that is all they offer. I think it is great after a loong day.

That is what I was thinking. I'm sure that view was AMAZING.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
That is what I was thinking. I'm sure that view was AMAZING.
It was. As the sun set we watched the lights start to go on. We could even see the flash when they took the pic on Splash as the log went down! Then we tuned in to a channel on the tv and the Wishes music played while we watched. It was truly MAGICAL.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Oh...don't use DDP if you are on it! Room service is 2 credits. Not worth it!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
happy2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Oh...don't use DDP if you are on it! Room service is 2 credits. Not worth it!
Aeeeew that's cool w/ the view & music channel, Disney REALLY thinks of everything!!!

Ya not a good use of credits. Thank you.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

There are additional charges, I want to say 20%? I cant remember but we had room service at Poly on our anniversary in 2010 for breakfast. We ordered, coffee, tonga toast and an omelet and shared both with tip and additional charge it was $40 which I consider ALOT for just 2 ppl to have breakfast!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: