Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
married2mm
DIS Veteran

qsdp breakfast

where is best for cs breakfast? what are your favourites?

i think i read one resort has buffet option for cs credit-is this correct?
where is it and what's available?

t.i.a.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Best for CS breakfast is a location that has food you will eat and enjoy. See the link to the WDW menus above the list of threads on this (almost any) board. I don't know of any CS restaurant that's a buffet. You get one entrée and one beverage. A buffet would belie that condition.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
where is best for cs breakfast? what are your favourites?

i think i read one resort has buffet option for cs credit-is this correct?
where is it and what's available?

t.i.a.

You are correct. Coronado Springs has the buffet breakfast as well as buffet lunch for one cs credit. There is a huge selection of hot and cold items as well as drinks. Be advised that you will be charged an 18% tip on your bill.

Other than this buffet you get the least value on your cs credit when used for breakfast because you lose the dessert and breakfast plates are not higher than about $9.
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

In my opinion, WPE in DTD is the best option. You get waiter service and the options are differ than most CS places. You won't make rope dop if you go here though because it doesn't open til 9am. We usually go here on our World Showcase day. Here are what we ate here the last time that we went.

(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (7/2014 AKV) (2/2015 AKL/5 night Wonder*Miami*) (1/2015 AKV/BLT)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
married2mm
DIS Veteran

epcot@night.

that looks amazing for a cs breakfast-yummy,scrummy
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

We atayed at Pop and made the trek one morning to CSR for their CS buffet breakfast. The food was decent and it was a very good value for our CS credit. I also want to go to Poly's CS one day for bfast...for tonga Toast! As a PP said, WPE in Downtown Disney has excellent CS bfast.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
DiZneEChIcK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom to minnie&mickey View Post
You are correct. Coronado Springs has the buffet breakfast as well as buffet lunch for one cs credit. There is a huge selection of hot and cold items as well as drinks. Be advised that you will be charged an 18% tip on your bill.

Other than this buffet you get the least value on your cs credit when used for breakfast because you lose the dessert and breakfast plates are not higher than about $9.

Can anyone confirm this is still going on? I have never heard of this being a CS?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #8
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZneEChIcK View Post
Can anyone confirm this is still going on? I have never heard of this being a CS?
It was last month (Sept 1st-8th), when we were there.

Pepper Market at CSR started their CS buffet for breakfast and lunch, last Dec. I was also there Nov 26th-Dec 4th, 2011. It started that first week of Dec, while I was there. One day it was a regular CS, then the next morning it was suddenly a buffet CS (breakfast and lunch only--dinner is still ala carte). It's a great deal if you are on the DDP, but not so much if you are paying OOP, like I was. The breakfast buffet is like $15.00 and the lunch buffet is $17.00. All I wanted was a fruit plate, so I was not thrilled with the change. You used to be able to get meals to go, which I liked, but obviously with breakfast and lunch now being a buffet, you can no longer do that for those two meals.

Last edited by aubriee; 10-18-2012 at 02:25 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
In my opinion, WPE in DTD is the best option. You get waiter service and the options are differ than most CS places. You won't make rope dop if you go here though because it doesn't open til 9am. We usually go here on our World Showcase day. Here are what we ate here the last time that we went.

Wow, that really looks amazing! I guess we may have to stop at DTD once for breakfast also, not just dinner!

We're also thinking about CS breakfasts. We're staying at Pop Century for 11 nights with 7.5 days at the parks (the rest are off-site parks like Universal and Sea World) and QSDP (Stay/Play/Dine offer). We have some ADRs but only 1 breakfast (Ohana) and will have a car just for the first few days (when we're focused mainly on off-site parks and shopping.

Here are our Breakfast ideas (before I saw this thread, now I may include a WPE or Pepper Market in there somewhere):
- Mara @ AKL (using a car and then heading off-site for the rest of the day)
- Everything Pop @ Pop Century
- Landscape of Flavors @ AoA (just across the bridge)
- Contempo Cafe @ Contemporary (before MK, could change to Cap Cook's @ Poly if people think its better)
- Starring Rolls @ HS
- Main Street Bakery or Sleepy hollow @MK (can we use CS credits here for the waffle sandwiches?)
- Pizzafari @AK
- Sunshine Seasons @ Epcot

We're also thinking on sharing some breakfast platters to maximize CS credits or use them to get some snacks if possible.

Any opinions on our ideas above?

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
Circus181920
Mouseketeer

Sunshine seasons in epcot is great for breakfast cs! They have an amazing quiche & also have a decent sized breakfast platter plate!

Main st bakery in MK is also great (love the ham & egg croissant sandwhich)
Old 10-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
redoschi
Mouseketeer

I'll do Main St Bakery or Sleepy Hollow on one of my MK days (MK has EMH morning that day) but on our 2nd MK day RP is only at 9am so thought it would be best to grab QS breakfast on a monorail resort before using our QS credits.

Which do you think would be best? Contempo Cafe or Capt. Cooks?

We'll have been to Poly already for Ohana breakfast, so that's why I originally chose Contempo Cafe, but the possibility to try Tonga Toast is changing my mind.

Any special things from Contempo Cafe that I can't get at Capt. Cooks or at either Pop or AoA?
We're staying at Pop and doing both Pop and AoA for breakfast at least once each.

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
I'll do Main St Bakery or Sleepy Hollow on one of my MK days (MK has EMH morning that day) but on our 2nd MK day RP is only at 9am so thought it would be best to grab QS breakfast on a monorail resort before using our QS credits.

Which do you think would be best? Contempo Cafe or Capt. Cooks?

We'll have been to Poly already for Ohana breakfast, so that's why I originally chose Contempo Cafe, but the possibility to try Tonga Toast is changing my mind.

Any special things from Contempo Cafe that I can't get at Capt. Cooks or at either Pop or AoA?
We're staying at Pop and doing both Pop and AoA for breakfast at least once each.
Sleepy Hollow does not accept QS credits any time of day. They do have some things for a snack credit, but waffles are not one of them.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe

Sleepy Hollow does not accept QS credits any time of day. They do have some things for a snack credit, but waffles are not one of them.
We were able to use a counter service credit to get waffle sandwiches. I think we could only get cookies for dessert though.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Tarheel girl 1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #14
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
We were able to use a counter service credit to get waffle sandwiches. I think we could only get cookies for dessert though.
Must've been some pixie dust in the air as you are the first I've seen to report that you got to use a credit. All others have reported they were turned down.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #15
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
I was hoping that wouldn't be the case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel girl 1975 View Post
YAY! Hope to be able to do that as well! Since I've read about these waffle sandwiches I'm dying to try them!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: