Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
CheapMom
DIS Veteran

NOT staying at host resort, transportation questions

Hola!
We are staying at Old Key West for the Wine & Dine Half because none of the host resorts are available on points.

I think I have it all worked out as far as getting to the expo and to the race as I can easily get to SSR (a host resort) or Epcot for transporation but my question is AFTER the finish line party.

Will they only have buses to the host resorts from Epcot after the party?

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort ~ Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

CheapMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapMom
Hola!
We are staying at Old Key West for the Wine & Dine Half because none of the host resorts are available on points.

I think I have it all worked out as far as getting to the expo and to the race as I can easily get to SSR (a host resort) or Epcot for transporation but my question is AFTER the finish line party.

Will they only have buses to the host resorts from Epcot after the party?
I can't speak to the W/D, but for TOT and the Princess, buses were only available to host resorts and WWOS (ToT). We didnt stay at a host resort for ToT, we drove to one and ate and parked there and used the race buses (we stayed at CSR all week since it was our vaca not just a race trip). There will be tons of cabs after the after party. Good luck!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
CheapMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks- I am assuming it will be the same- DVC member services told me they would have buses for all Disney resorts- but I am skeptical.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
mking624
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't necessarily trust what DVC tells you since they are not the ones running the event. I believe transportation to and from race events (party included) is only at the host resorts. The only exception is for the early Epcot entry, since the party ticket grants the holder entry as early as 7pm...so the regular resort bus will obviously still be available. But after the party is over, only the host resort buses will be running. But, as stated, there will be plenty of cabs.
; 9/07 - PC, free dining, & MNSSHP;
11/08 - PC & MVMCP
; 6/09 - AKV; 9/10 - POFQ & free dining
9/11 - POFQ, free dining & NOJ/MNSSHP; 10/11 - ASMu & Halloween 5K; 4/12 - Disneyland;
11/12 - ASMu, free dining, and Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon; 5/13 - Disneyland/GC; 5/14 - AKV/PC
mking624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

We ran W&D last year and stayed at BLT, not a host resort. We picked up a bus to the start from Epcot and after finishing the race and wandering around the party a bit we headed out of Epcot through the International Gateway in World Showcase to get a cab from the Beach Club back to BLT. It worked out well for us! There were also cabs waiting at the front of the park but we were already in World Showcase so it seemed like a shorter walk to the Beach Club.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet
We ran W&D last year and stayed at BLT, not a host resort. We picked up a bus to the start from Epcot and after finishing the race and wandering around the party a bit we headed out of Epcot through the International Gateway in World Showcase to get a cab from the Beach Club back to BLT. It worked out well for us! There were also cabs waiting at the front of the park but we were already in World Showcase so it seemed like a shorter walk to the Beach Club.
Great idea! I'm sure way more low key too!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 10-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
CheapMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
were there plenty of cabs at Beach Club? I would rather do this than walk through Future World, I plan on spending most of the after party in World Showcase EATING!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapMom

were there plenty of cabs at Beach Club? I would rather do this than walk through Future World, I plan on spending most of the after party in World Showcase EATING!
They can call you a cab if there is a shortage. It doesn't take long at all.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapMom View Post
When we got to the front of the resort there was only one cab waiting and another group getting into it so they called for another cab and it came to pick us up in less than 5 minutes.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
CheapMom
DIS Veteran

great, thanks for the info!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: