Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #31
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer2892 View Post
First day back was exactly 1 month after to "help out" which turned into two days a week very quickly then at 9 weeks I was back 4 days a week which is what I am still at. We planned on the full 12 weeks unpaid however work kept pressuring me into "helping out". I wish I would have stood my ground and took the full 12 completely off.
I don't know what you do but that wouldn't fly with my very large company. There would be serious liability issues if someone on official leave got hurt while working in the office.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #32
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

With my first I was still in college. He was born in June, so I took the fall semester off. With my 2nd, I took 7 weeks off. With my youngest, I only got to take 4 weeks off (due to workload). It was emotionally hardest going back after my 2nd. I loved my job that I had when my last was born, so that made it super easy to go back.

Fjobe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #33
skuttle
Counting the days until our next trip!

10 weeks with my first. I had just graduated from law school and took my time finding a job while waiting to take the bar exam.

8 weeks (6 weeks paid maternity plus my 2 weeks paid vacation) for my last two. I actually go back to work on Tuesday. I'm sad to leave the baby and not have so much free time to run errands, clean the house, etc. however, I'm also ready to go back. I know I'm not the SAHM type!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #34
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

I'm a teacher and the district in which I work will guarantee your same teaching job for up to a year. I was having twins and took a full year off. I was paid for 37 days, sick time that I had accumulated over four years. At the end of my one year leave, I just couldn't go back and leave my babies, so I resigned from my position. I stayed home for two more years, three years total, but was itching to go back and that year a position in the same building/same grade I was previously teaching opened up and I was offered the job. I loved being home with my twins, but I was glad to go back to work too. It was the right time for my family and I.

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #35
stargazer2892
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohforyou View Post
I don't know what you do but that wouldn't fly with my very large company. There would be serious liability issues if someone on official leave got hurt while working in the office.
I waitress in a local bar, there was no official time off. I worked 2 days before I gave birth and was on the schedule the night DS was born. The GM is currently on her 5th month off of unpaid maternity leave (the manager who kept pressuring me to come back). She would call two or three times a week asking if I could work this night or that night. Local bars are run way different then a very large company.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: