Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
jescal75
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 119

Cars Land/ FastPass

Today was our 1st day at the parks.. We got there just before 730 hubby, kids and I.... At 730 they let us in I went right to the fast pass line for RSR near Hollywood area was just next to the new resturant.. I sent hubby and kids to wait near Cars Land till the official 8 opening..at 8 they started letting people get fast passes by 820 I had mine with a return time of 1240 in the mean time kids got on flying tires I made it to them in time to take pictures. When the were done we went to the tow truck ride and waited maybe 5 minutes..... It was perfect! I am so thankful for this site I would've been clueless if not for all the info posted in here! DH couldn't believe how well everything worked out.. When it was time for us to ride RSR the regular line was longggggggggg we walked right on waited maybe 10min and the ride was AWESOME!!!

We also had lunch at Flos and while it is very cute i was not impressed by the food and wouldn't go back...

We spent about half day DCA before going over to DIS the wait times were nothing compared to what I thought wy would be during the summer. Walked right on to most and had 15-20min waits on other .... Think everyone flocking to cars is making Disneyland a lot less crowded....
__________________
Jessica
jescal75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....
 
dizneekrazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,572

Thank you for the update!! We leave in about 6.5 hours to head down, and that is our morning plan for Sunday!!
__________________
DBF & I DS15 DS10 DS8

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
Zane21
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 77

We JUST got back and I was STUNNED at how long the FP waiting line was by 8am....the days we went, the ride broke down twice...and FP's were GONE by about 10am or so...
the stand-by line was a 2-3hr wait....

We travel with a child with autism, and the way they handled our GAC pass was fantastic....they give you a hand written pass to return about 2hrs later...and you can only do it once a day..which is TOTALLY fair.

When we returned this first time, the ride was down....so we waited and came back 2 days later...got our pass...returned 2hrs later...waited in line for about 15 mins and rode the ride. It is really fun....we are so grateful for Disney and the help they give families who a have a child with autism.
We only did the ride once...we kinda felt that once was enough mostly because so many others need to get their chance too.
Zane21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
quantumottle
DIS Veteran
 
quantumottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 737

So glad your family is having a great trip! Isn't The Dis a Wonderful help?!?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jescal75 View Post
Today was our 1st day at the parks.. We got there just before 730 hubby, kids and I.... At 730 they let us in I went right to the fast pass line for RSR near Hollywood area was just next to the new resturant.. I sent hubby and kids to wait near Cars Land till the official 8 opening..at 8 they started letting people get fast passes by 820 I had mine with a return time of 1240 in the mean time kids got on flying tires I made it to them in time to take pictures. When the were done we went to the tow truck ride and waited maybe 5 minutes..... It was perfect! I am so thankful for this site I would've been clueless if not for all the info posted in here! DH couldn't believe how well everything worked out.. When it was time for us to ride RSR the regular line was longggggggggg we walked right on waited maybe 10min and the ride was AWESOME!!!

We also had lunch at Flos and while it is very cute i was not impressed by the food and wouldn't go back...

We spent about half day DCA before going over to DIS the wait times were nothing compared to what I thought wy would be during the summer. Walked right on to most and had 15-20min waits on other .... Think everyone flocking to cars is making Disneyland a lot less crowded....
This is actually unusual, FP for RSR are usually gone much earlier than 10...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane21 View Post
We JUST got back and I was STUNNED at how long the FP waiting line was by 8am....the days we went, the ride broke down twice...and FP's were GONE by about 10am or so...
quantumottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer
 
ryalluvdiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 458

<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0p11ei2hbo4qjmsu.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
__________________
ryalluvdiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #6
ExcitedSam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 319

We're going on the 22 sept for a week, but will not have EE, will it still be possible to get FP for RSR? I'm hoping things will have sttled down a bit by then.
__________________
ExcitedSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
quantumottle
DIS Veteran
 
quantumottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcitedSam View Post
We're going on the 22 sept for a week, but will not have EE, will it still be possible to get FP for RSR? I'm hoping things will have sttled down a bit by then.
Yes, RSR FP's are absolutely possible. You just want to be sure they get them first thing, or at least very early, before they run out (currently 9:00 to 9:30, but perhaps later in the day by the time you visit).
quantumottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #8
ExcitedSam
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 319

Thanks, I plan to get them first thing, there is no way I can risk not getting on that ride, this will be our one and only Disney trip, unless we win the lottery!

By the looks of it the parks will be opening at 10am On the week days by then, so not too early really. I'll see how we feel Sunday morning if we want to get the early or not.
__________________
ExcitedSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #9
jescal75
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcitedSam View Post
We're going on the 22 sept for a week, but will not have EE, will it still be possible to get FP for RSR? I'm hoping things will have sttled down a bit by then.
Yes.. We didn't ave EE either
__________________
Jessica
jescal75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
quantumottle
DIS Veteran
 
quantumottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 737

the "really" good news is, Carsland seems to be the only area of either park that's crazy crowded. Reports are that everywhere else in the parks is very manageable. I would assume that may be even moreso when you arrive in the fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcitedSam View Post
Thanks, I plan to get them first thing, there is no way I can risk not getting on that ride, this will be our one and only Disney trip, unless we win the lottery!

By the looks of it the parks will be opening at 10am On the week days by then, so not too early really. I'll see how we feel Sunday morning if we want to get the early or not.
quantumottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
NorthernCalMom
Mouseketeer
 
NorthernCalMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86

We had early admission. FP already started to build, when I got there (we arrived exactly at 7am, and the line at the maingate was maybe about 20 people deep). They announced right at the gate that RSR would not be open before 10am, so that might have affected the FP line. Once the machines opened the line moved rather fast. Our return time was for 11:05am.
__________________
Had wonderful trips in August 2010/11/12/13. Going again this August. Love the DIS-board info!! You guys rock!!!
NorthernCalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best
 
zeferjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,066

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernCalMom View Post
We had early admission. FP already started to build, when I got there (we arrived exactly at 7am, and the line at the maingate was maybe about 20 people deep). They announced right at the gate that RSR would not be open before 10am, so that might have affected the FP line. Once the machines opened the line moved rather fast. Our return time was for 11:05am.
What time did you get into the line? Did you do the other two carsland rides first?
__________________
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
BensDaddy
Graduate of Goofy's Flight School
 
BensDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Posts: 679

We will be there Monday - Thursday the week AFTER Thanksgiving. Any suggestions on the best day to tackle Cars Land?
__________________
BensDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?
 
HydroGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado, USA (formerly SoCal - now SoCol)
Posts: 14,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensDaddy View Post
We will be there Monday - Thursday the week AFTER Thanksgiving. Any suggestions on the best day to tackle Cars Land?
Arrive at opening and go there first. Ride RSR first. And be prepared for RSR to be down. After that ride LFT and MJJ. If you want a FP then get that early.
__________________
Upcoming:
August 2015 for the D23 Expo | WDW, 2015 May?
Completed:
DLR 11/2014, JC Blog & WOCWD Blog (Tropicana), 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
BensDaddy
Graduate of Goofy's Flight School
 
BensDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Posts: 679

Right, but was wondering if any particular day, (Mon - Thurs) might statistically have lower crowds than any other.
__________________
BensDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.