Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
eagvent99
Earning My Ears

Do l need to avoid EMH parks in January?

We're at the Vistana starting Jan 5th. I'd normally try to avoid EMH parks as l know they will be more crowded. Are crowds low enough in January so we don't really have to worry about it? We have no little kids with us and would skip most of those attractions. The goal would be one full day per park. Realistic?
eagvent99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Waddler
Mouseketeer

You may notice a significant increase in crowds on EMH days, but they'll still be relatively low.

In my experience, low-crowd times spoil you to the point where you don't want to wait more than 30 minutes for anything. If this happens to you, try to ride the headliners soon after rope drop and right after closing, or grab fastpasses.
Waddler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagvent99 View Post
We're at the Vistana starting Jan 5th. I'd normally try to avoid EMH parks as l know they will be more crowded. Are crowds low enough in January so we don't really have to worry about it? We have no little kids with us and would skip most of those attractions. The goal would be one full day per park. Realistic?
We usually go in January/February and always take advantage of evening EMH. We never get to the parks early enough to take advantage of the morning extra hours. We always find rides during EMH are walk in. The first hour Peter Pan and Space Mountain are a little busier but it gets quieter as the time goes on. From January, evening EMH is only two hours extra, not three anymore

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
JohnOandMark
Earning My Ears

January isn't a super busy month so you should be fine I would think
JohnOandMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

I would've agreed with the pp's before this past January, but my opinion changed after out last trip.

Our last few trips we have decided to not get parkhoppers and do the parks that have EMH so that we have more time in the parks. Since Jan in has been slower, the EMH days didn't seem to make a big difference before.

This past trip we found it much busier. I do have to say we were at the parks the week of MLK day so that made a big difference. And early to mid week wasn't bad, but the end of week into weekend got crazy! We found that there were lots of large groups! Lots of Brazilian tour groups and lots of groups from a cheer/dance convention. They weren't rude or bothersome themselves, but just made for some very crowded areas. One afternoon we went to eat at Pecos Bills and couldn't even get in the door! I also sent a pic to my sister of the standby wait time at Pooh that said 60 minutes and said " this is slow season??"

I just think that you should keep in mind that it can get busy & don't expect to just walk on everything. I'm sure its nothing like summer or spring break, but for us off-season travelers it was pretty busy! We still plan to go in Jan again, but I do think we will have to start considering avoiding EMH days.
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: