Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #31
Jules~Marie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz

Well, that one pretty much sealed the deal for me...
Hahahhaha best thing I've read all day! Thank you! Hahaha
Old 10-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #32
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

There's a difference between straying into someone's picture because they've set it up in a high traffic area and deliberately going out of one's way to get into someone's picture and messing it up by picking one's nose or doing something equally silly or worse, obscene. The former, I have no problem with. The latter is rude.
Quote:
Just imagine how many jerk photobombers there will be after BOG opens and people start having a beer with dinner.
Just what we need. More people getting tipsy or worse drunk at Disney. I'm sure those that have to work security are thrilled.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Feel free to bomb my photos. I don't need to have the same old boring shots as everybody else! And now that it's digital, I can take a safety shot without worrying about wasted film.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
OP - it made me giggle but ONLY because I could see immediately that he could be cropped out and still leave a nice margin around the photo. yeah, the nose-picker was being a jerk but it could have been worse.

Now, let me share a photobomb picture with my fellow DISers that will hopefully put a smile on your faces

I laughed so hard I snorted. Which made DH laugh. So thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Snort.... Where's the groan smilie??
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #35
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Nice one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I laughed so hard I snorted. Which made DH laugh. So thanks for that!
You're very welcome
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
Feel free to bomb my photos. I don't need to have the same old boring shots as everybody else! And now that it's digital, I can take a safety shot without worrying about wasted film.
But the OP didn't get to retake her photo. They didn't know they got photobombed until they got home. Not a huge deal here as they can thankfully be cropped out. But not everyone can find the photobomb on a 2" screen with a quick glance.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #37
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
But the OP didn't get to retake her photo. They didn't know they got photobombed until they got home. Not a huge deal here as they can thankfully be cropped out. But not everyone can find the photobomb on a 2" screen with a quick glance.
I didn't mean to imply that my situation was exactly like the OP's.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #38
jayandstacey
DIS Veteran

I was in Florence and a group of older people were sitting in an outdoor cafe - 4 at the table and one taking the picture. Just behind them was a huge street with 100s of tourists walking past. They are just about on the curb.

As I walked by, I turned, smiled and waved at the camera. Never stopped, just walked past along the street but turned and faced them. I turned back and continued walking. My wife watched them and they got all kinds of angry, pointing at me all flustered as I continued walking.

TOO BAD. And pathetic that someone walking by and smiling becomes such a low point in their day.

If a photographer can't take the time to find a space clear of people, then they will get people in their shot and people are free to make faces. I'm not a paid extra in their little photographic masterpiece - its a snapshot for goodness sakes. They should take another. And another. And then a zanex. And then they should lighten up about the world owing them a perfect shot, and enjoy a funny smile or nose pick in one out of 500 pics. It isn't rude at all, it is me enjoying my time in a public place without any harm to the picture takers.

Am I a jerk? Some might say that. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed Florence.
jayandstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayandstacey View Post
I was in Florence and a group of older people were sitting in an outdoor cafe - 4 at the table and one taking the picture. Just behind them was a huge street with 100s of tourists walking past. They are just about on the curb.

As I walked by, I turned, smiled and waved at the camera. Never stopped, just walked past along the street but turned and faced them. I turned back and continued walking...

Am I a jerk? Some might say that. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed Florence.
Downtown Rome, shooting some ambiance video, a nice young woman starts a running narrative (in Italian-accented English) of "welcome, hope you're enjoying the city, have a safe trip home" as she walked thru the frame. It's now a highlight of our Rome videos...

I don't think she was a jerk, as she added value (and a bit of humor) to the spontaneity of the shot.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
1pixiemom
Long Time DIS Board user

Id edit the photos with just the nose picker in them and post LOL LOL LOL... you can do it in photo shop
1pixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #41
cgattis
DIS Veteran

My fave photobomb ever....we discovered when we got home from the BCS national championship game in 2009. Some Texas jerk had leaned in behind our pregame pic (probably a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us, based on cost), and did a nice big two-handed "hook 'em Horns." After we beat the crap out of them, finding that was priceless. Just wish I knew who he was so I could've sent him a copy and a big ol' Roll Tide
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #42
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

I love your photo OP With and without the 'bomber' it has two completely different effects and to be honest, both are great for different reasons

One of my best photobombs was by a Disney cleaner last year. Don't worry, even the Photopass photographer had one of his shots affected. She just appeared out of nowhere and practically swept DD's feet Being annoyed wasn't even an option. I was rendered helpless by fits of hysterical laughter, which were only made more uncontrollable by the jaw-dropped expression on the Photopass photographer's face

Of course I handle these sort of incidents fairly well, as long as they are not in bad taste - after all, my very own daughter is excellent at photobombing my own photos so I have to just learn to deal with it. I didn't even see her through the viewfinder suddenly appear in the background; I was too busy setting and focusing my camera

Photobombed! by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #43
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

You have to have a good laugh! I think it is hilarious !

Life is stressful - laughter helps relieve that stress.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #44
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayandstacey View Post

As I walked by, I turned, smiled and waved at the camera. Never stopped, just walked past along the street but turned and faced them. I turned back and continued walking. My wife watched them and they got all kinds of angry, pointing at me all flustered as I continued walking.

TOO BAD. And pathetic that someone walking by and smiling becomes such a low point in their day.

If a photographer can't take the time to find a space clear of people, then they will get people in their shot and people are free to make faces. I'm not a paid extra in their little photographic masterpiece - its a snapshot for goodness sakes. They should take another. And another. And then a zanex. And then they should lighten up about the world owing them a perfect shot, and enjoy a funny smile or nose pick in one out of 500 pics. It isn't rude at all, it is me enjoying my time in a public place without any harm to the picture takers.

In that situation, I'd be firmly on the "laugh it off" bench. I took my DD11 to her first concert this past summer, Jimmy Buffet at a huge venue, and there were some REALLY funny pirate and parrot photobombers that found their way into our pictures of the event. That sort of thing just adds to the character of the shot and captures the memories IMO, and though it isn't something I'd do it isn't worth getting upset/worked up over.

But I see Photopass differently for a couple of reasons - First of all, that CD ain't cheap! If I'm paying $100+ for photos I'm going to be less laid-back about the finished product than if I'm just walking around snapping pics on my own camera. And second, because the PP photogs are in fixed locations they seem to draw a lot of these jokers. I take between 1000-1500 photos on each trip and might see a half-dozen with someone who looks like they're deliberately involving themselves in the shot (even in the smile-and-wave sense). There were about a dozen in our last batch of 70-odd PhotoPass shots, including a couple that were more rude than funny.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #45
chartle
DIS Veteran

Surprised no one has brought the all time greatest Photo Bomb.

http://www.gadling.com/2010/06/09/wa...ation-photo-c/

Imagine your own future FIL photo bombing you. 20 years before the word was even coined.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: