Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Disbound
Mouseketeer

Segway tours Epcot?

has anyone ever done the segways in Epcot? I'm assuming you need a ticket into Epcot even though it is before the park is open. any other fun ideas for my husband and I to do?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
wvulion
Mouseketeer

My family and I did the Segway tour of Epcot and loved it. Our group was so large (7) that we only had two people we didn't know. We did the first tour of the morning (you need Epcot tickets, btw) before the park opened. We talked to a couple who did one of the later ones, and they said it was a little tougher to negotiate with that many people around. We liked it so much we are looking into doing one at Ft. Wilderness. If you aren't sure, you can try the Segways at Innoventions first (the same place they do orientation). Do the "Keys to the Kingdom" Tour at the Magic Kingdom, and try mini-golf at Fantasia or Winter Summerland too--we really enjoyed them as well.

Last edited by wvulion; 07-05-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: more info
wvulion is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Goofygardener
Earning My Ears

Yes, you need a ticket. I did it with my father-in-law in 200. It was a lot of fun. First hr was training and then a trek through the showcase. We went throughChina, that was a challenge going up and down tight ramps. Lots of fun.

Last November, I did the Segway at Fort Wilderness with my brother-in-law. That was fun too. Balloon tires and various surfaces with great views of bay lake and the magic kingdom. My lovely bride is interested in doing the fort wilderness one in the future.
Goofygardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

I did the Segway tour in Epcot a few years ago.. I also did the first one of the day, as I wanted to get into the park before opening.. It was alot of fun!
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
PlutoPatrol
Earning My Ears

Segway

I too took the tour. It is a blast, I would recommend it for everyone!

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney
PlutoPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
minnie411
Mouseketeer

My DH and I did the Epcot tour last August on an adult only trip. We loved it. We can't wait until the kids are old enough to do it with us.

minnie411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
ludari
DIS Veteran

I too did the Segway tour and I selected the first tour of the day offered. I would absolutely do this tour again. You also get a special pin once you complete the tour.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Jennafoo
Mouseketeer

I was actually considering this tour for my solo trip in September! Is it first thing in the morning? I wouldn't want to spend too much time "touring" that I could spend in the parks.
Jennafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #9
tekoa
DIS Veteran

Did this tour just this past May. Highly recommend it. If I get the chance I will do it again. Did the first one of the day, I believe it was at 8:30. It was great fun to be in World Showcase with only cast members working to get their areas ready for the incoming crowds. Pricey, but so worth it! If you have AAA or Disney Visa there is a discount.
tekoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
Debbyt28
Mouseketeer

Oooh this looks good always reminds me of Niles in Frasier how much does it cost??
Old 07-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

I also loved it and did an early tour. We didn't do the very first tour, but we had one of the earlier ones which made us have to get to the park at opening of FW. WS was closed during our whole tour - meaning we didn't have to navigate around people. But when we got back to FW, we had to navigate a bit around guests. But our Segway guides were helpful in getting guests out of the way for the Segways to pass. Good tour! Do it!
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
disneychick62
Earning My Ears

I may book this. It sounds really fun. How much was it??
Old 07-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #13
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

I'm doing the Epcot and Fort Wilderness Segway tours during my solo trip next month. I've never used a Segway, but always have wanted to do this. Riding one of those things around World Showcase for my first time is just a bonus.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #14
Steamboat Minnie
Earning My Ears

We did the Segway Tour in Epcot this past May, and everyone I was with loved it. My family was a group of 6, including myself, and there were two others with us.

It was at 7 in the morning, but totally worth waking up for! One of the things I loved about doing this tour so early was that we could see all of Epcot without anyone in it. It was like we owned the park, haha. It's funny, but one of the things we loved seeing the most was the workers cleaning the garden and things like that.

We went through an hour of training so we would learn how to ride our segways. The training was slow and easy and everyone caught on by the middle of the session. It was hard for me at first (because I have absolutely no coordination and am very clumsy), but I got the hang of it once I relaxed.

If you're looking for something fun and educational, the Segway Tour at Epcot is definitely a great experience! You will learn all kinds of cool little facts about the World Showcase. Our tour guide even pointed out some hidden Mickeys to us, which we were very excited about.

Here's a pic:

I hope you try it, because I think you'll really love it! Have a magical tour!
Steamboat Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvulion View Post
My family and I did the Segway tour of Epcot and loved it. Our group was so large (7) that we only had two people we didn't know. We did the first tour of the morning (you need Epcot tickets, btw) before the park opened. We talked to a couple who did one of the later ones, and they said it was a little tougher to negotiate with that many people around. We liked it so much we are looking into doing one at Ft. Wilderness. If you aren't sure, you can try the Segways at Innoventions first (the same place they do orientation). Do the "Keys to the Kingdom" Tour at the Magic Kingdom, and try mini-golf at Fantasia or Winter Summerland too--we really enjoyed them as well.
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: