Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #106
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagoof View Post
I just got a text message from the news station that the blue station wagon with Colorado plates that was seen in the sightings of Jessica in Maine has been found abandoned in New Hampshire.
Well, that is interesting. Where in NH?

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #107
mommagoof
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkitty View Post
They found the body in a field. They have not said if it is Jessica, nor have they said it was a child.

My fear is that this is not Jessica, but another victim and he has traded this person for Jessica.

ETA: The body was found in a field that there were at least 4 attempted assaults/abductions last year. The police even sent flyers around to neighbors last year.

Yes I live very close to the area of where the body has been found and the attempted abductions. My dd is in middle school here. Her and her friends have been doing the buddy system for quite a while now and constantly checking in with parents.
mommagoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #108
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Car...o/-/index.html

Portsmouth

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #109
mommagoof
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
Portsmouth NH.
mommagoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #110
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR

That's the problem with these situations. You hear they found a body and you immediately think, "Please don't be Jessica," but then you realize that if it isn't her, it is someone else that has likely suffered. It really is a no-win situation. I can't even imagine the emotions the mom must be going through. So sad.
Exactly. My sister also made a good point last at least for her and her daughter. She said that if someone took my niece that she would Want them to kill her instantly (if that was their plan) then have her suffer and be scared and possibly be abused wondering where mommy is. I honestly hope it is Jessica for a couple of reasons. What I believe is she is in heaven pain free. She's not being used as someones toy and lastly if it not her, chances are she is still dead and who they found is another child
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #111
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

What I don't get why they haven't found her identified the body yet. Our local news ALWAYS tells us if it's a male or female and if it's adult or child. For the fact they arent saying says something and why can't they identifty them did something happen to the body
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #112
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyboat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagoof View Post
Portsmouth NH.
Thanks! Sucks though because now we have no idea what they are driving. Hopefully, the will get some good fingerprints or something on the car and find out who this person is. Will have to keep remembering her face since we are close and you just never know.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #113
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They found the body in a field. They have not said if it is Jessica, nor have they said it was a child.

My fear is that this is not Jessica, but another victim and he has traded this person for Jessica.

ETA: The body was found in a field that there were at least 4 attempted assaults/abductions last year. The police even sent flyers around to neighbors last year.
I just read that they found this body in a field near an abandoned shack that was near or on her path she would have taken to school Friday morning. Did they not search there Friday or Saturday? I just can't figure out why they would be searching there on Wed, almost a week after she went missing. Unless they did search there previously and the body was not there then. Oh, how horrible this whole situation is.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #114
LauraEadon

They had better find the *******
LauraEadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #115
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
I just read that they found this body in a field near an abandoned shack that was near or on her path she would have taken to school Friday morning. Did they not search there Friday or Saturday? I just can't figure out why they would be searching there on Wed, almost a week after she went missing. Unless they did search there previously and the body was not there then. Oh, how horrible this whole situation is.
Isn't this always the case in these situations? They search and search and come up with nothing. When they finally find the body, it is nearby and in an area that they already searched. It happens frequently, unfortunately.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #116
erin1715
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
Exactly. My sister also made a good point last at least for her and her daughter. She said that if someone took my niece that she would Want them to kill her instantly (if that was their plan) then have her suffer and be scared and possibly be abused wondering where mommy is. I honestly hope it is Jessica for a couple of reasons. What I believe is she is in heaven pain free. She's not being used as someones toy and lastly if it not her, chances are she is still dead and who they found is another child
erin1715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #117
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

Quote:

that is exactly what I was thinking..
Old 10-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #118
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
What I don't get why they haven't found her identified the body yet. Our local news ALWAYS tells us if it's a male or female and if it's adult or child. For the fact they arent saying says something and why can't they identifty them did something happen to the body
i have a sick feeling that the body isnt hers but another child that the monster dumped before grabbing jessica. If it isnt her, the reason they might be keeping it hushed is to through off the kidnapper, because if we know it isnt her and with the announcement that abandoned car in NH, they dont want him/her to get spooked..
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #119
StephMK
DIS Veteran

There were two girls together who went missing in Eastern IA this summer. They are roughly the age of the missing girl in CO. Their parents have ties to the meth world so it's always sounded that they suspected that as a cause but neither has been found. I thought of them when no one identified Jessica last night and said they were still searching the area.

Sad anyway you look at it. It does seem that the sexual assault of the 11 yr old in WY is probably not related. In that case, I do wonder about the girl leaving her friends to get into a van.

My kids are similar in age so I reminded them about not getting close to an unfamiliar car if someone speaks to them and not to go with anyone asking them to help with anything. They had to be reminded not to worry about being polite, just to get away.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #120
ZachnElli
Is it Spring yet?
Bad weather or not, you need more than 4 boxes

I was just gonna say the same thing that StephMK did about the girls from Iowa. I'm devastated they found a body, but not surprised. I'm praying for the families.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: