Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #271
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy! View Post
Thank goodness they found the guy. As I over shared previously, I live in ground zero, the subdivision where they found the backpack.

It has been unnerving having the FBI going door to door obtaining DNA samples. Having police at the school, while supposed to make us feel safe, gave us a daily reminder that a predator was out there and he had been in our neighborhood.

It was even more unnerving when it was announced that he had tried to abduct an adult first. You looked at all your neighbors differently.

Give your children a hug and if you are so inclined, pray for the Ridgeway family to find the strength to endure the upcoming months of the trial.
Such a sad, sad thing. It's hard to realize that there are monsters among us.

One of my nephews texted my husband last night upset because he had just found out that a man he worked with for a long time (now retired) had just been arrested for multiple counts of child rape (with pretty damning evidence to back up the charges). My nephew was sick because the guy had always seemed so normal and very nice. As a young man with children, it's shaken his world pretty severely. As someone who was molested as a child, it's something that I've always recognized. It's not always a nice world.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #272
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post

One of my nephews texted my husband last night upset because he had just found out that a man he worked with for a long time (now retired) had just been arrested for multiple counts of child rape (with pretty damning evidence to back up the charges). My nephew was sick because the guy had always seemed so normal and very nice. As a young man with children, it's shaken his world pretty severely. As someone who was molested as a child, it's something that I've always recognized. It's not always a nice world.
oh my dear heavens, im so sorry. Thats awful. Someone might seem so normal but behind closed doors, who knows right.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #273
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Was it coincidence or was it some sort of intervention?

I was just talking to my nephew this weekend, who works for Waste Management and is a friend of the guys who found Jessica.

The field where Jessica was found was not in the current search site at the time. The cops were searching more north and west.

Nephew told me that the friend's truck broke down right there at Pattridge Park. While they were waiting for a tow, they wandered through the field. They saw something strange, checked it out and it was Jessica.

In the miles and square miles of open space surrounding Jessica's home, what were the chances that a garbage truck would break down directly in front of the field where she was dumped and sanitation workers, trained in spotting unusual things would recognize something strange in the field, less than a week after she was kidnapped?

I am not a religious person, but it does make you wonder.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #274
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post

Old 10-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #275
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Sigg charged as adult, faces 17 counts in Jessica Ridgeway murder case

Posted on: 10:46 am, October 30, 2012, by Will C. Holden, updated on: 01:32pm, October 30, 2012

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — The 17-year-old accused of abducting and murdering Jessica Ridgeway will be charged as an adult and will face an array of counts, including first degree murder and sexual assault on a child.

Westminster’s Austin Sigg appeared in front of a Jefferson County judge in a Golden courtroom Tuesday morning for a brief hearing, where he heard the 17 charges being filed against him.

There will be 11 in the Ridgeway case and an additional six for an attack at Ketner Lake on May 28.

The courtroom was flowing over Tuesday, with a small contingent of Sigg’s family and a larger contingent of his friends — most of them from Standley Lake High School.

FOX31′s Marika Lorraine approached two girls who said they had attended the hearing to support Sigg. The two were outside the courtroom. When asked why they were not inside, they told Lorraine “there was no more room.”

Among the sizable contingent inside the court was Sigg’s father. FOX31′s Hendrik Sybrandy said Robert Sigg sat two rows behind his son and was visibly shaking.

Ridgeway’s family showed up with more numbers for the hearing. Sybrandy said that large group was once against dressed in purple, the favorite color of the slain 10-year-old, and showed no visible emotion.

The next step in this case will be a reverse transfer request, scheduled for Nov. 27. Sybrandy explained the process of this particular court proceeding on “Colorado’s Everyday Show” shortly after the hearing concluded.

“In the old days, prosecutors would file charges against Sigg as an adult and this case would proceed straight to a district court, with the next step being an adult hearing,” Sybrandy said. “Nowadays, the defense attorneys get a chance to make an argument against Sigg being charged as an adult.

“That is what will take place at the reverse transfer request.”
Old 10-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #276
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
Sigg charged as adult, faces 17 counts in Jessica Ridgeway murder case

Posted on: 10:46 am, October 30, 2012, by Will C. Holden, updated on: 01:32pm, October 30, 2012

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — The 17-year-old accused of abducting and murdering Jessica Ridgeway will be charged as an adult and will face an array of counts, including first degree murder and sexual assault on a child.

Westminster’s Austin Sigg appeared in front of a Jefferson County judge in a Golden courtroom Tuesday morning for a brief hearing, where he heard the 17 charges being filed against him.

There will be 11 in the Ridgeway case and an additional six for an attack at Ketner Lake on May 28.

The courtroom was flowing over Tuesday, with a small contingent of Sigg’s family and a larger contingent of his friends — most of them from Standley Lake High School.

FOX31′s Marika Lorraine approached two girls who said they had attended the hearing to support Sigg. The two were outside the courtroom. When asked why they were not inside, they told Lorraine “there was no more room.”

Among the sizable contingent inside the court was Sigg’s father. FOX31′s Hendrik Sybrandy said Robert Sigg sat two rows behind his son and was visibly shaking.

Ridgeway’s family showed up with more numbers for the hearing. Sybrandy said that large group was once against dressed in purple, the favorite color of the slain 10-year-old, and showed no visible emotion.

The next step in this case will be a reverse transfer request, scheduled for Nov. 27. Sybrandy explained the process of this particular court proceeding on “Colorado’s Everyday Show” shortly after the hearing concluded.

“In the old days, prosecutors would file charges against Sigg as an adult and this case would proceed straight to a district court, with the next step being an adult hearing,” Sybrandy said. “Nowadays, the defense attorneys get a chance to make an argument against Sigg being charged as an adult.

“That is what will take place at the reverse transfer request.”
I'm kinda sick that this kid has "friends" supporting him in court. His parents I understand but classmates?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #277
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioNate View Post
I'm kinda sick that this kid has "friends" supporting him in court. His parents I understand but classmates?
That's exactly what I was thinking as I read that.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #278
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I am shocked when I think of abductions I think of older people doing this not young people doing it. I thought for sure he would have been old but silly me that is stereotyping.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #279
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking as I read that.
Me too.

So very glad that he's being charged as an adult.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #280
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It sets a bad precedent for copycats. It has already been reported that he was a loner without many friends, often teased for his high voice.

Now he is "Mr. Popular", filling a courtroom with so-called friends? Other kids who are already on the edge of deranged might now think it might be the way to popularity.

And today was a school day. What parents allow their kids to skip school to go support a monster like him? I am a pretty liberal parent with allowing kids freedom, but I would put my parental foot down if they had the crazy idea to go support this classmate.

Last edited by Hrhpd; 10-30-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #281
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

"Supporting him"

???????????????????????????????????????

HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: