Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #256
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
You can't prove that I'm wrong. Btw: they haven't said her head was found there etc.
Quote:
Oh And btw: I never said it was fact, I said this it what I was told. I do know what was found at the scene tho.
Quote:
I can see how it was taken as bragging, however that was not my intent. I was just stating that they have not released the info as to what was found. The poster is saying her head and hands but it is not confirmed, yet they are saying oh if you know so much why are you telling, it's not released etc. it never was meant as a hey I always knew what they found I'm better than you.

You absolutely have posted some false information from your police officer friend. It was inappropriate for a professional to post what he said on Facebook, and it was wrong of you to also post it on here. Even if the info was correct, the police weren't releasing the information for a reason and it wasn't your story to tell nor that of your officer friend.

Now you are continuing on, insisting you know more information that hasn't been released. Again, this isn't your info to release. If you want to continue, you may try going about it without such a righteous attitude. Maybe saying things like, "I'm local and some of the things I am reading on FB are contradicting the media," instead of, "You can't prove that I'm wrong."
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #257
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee
Bertnie, please, just let it drop. I know it's not just you but be the bigger person and just let it be. We are talking about a child here and we best not forget that.
I'm trying to be but it's driving me crazy. The one person is purpousely pointing everything I say out and saying its wrong when I never said I know this is fact. Not much is being released. But yet they want to only Blame me and call me heartless when others being more heartless and not even being guilty. Your the first to see it as it is, and it isn't only me.
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #258
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

I 100% agree that it's not only you, as evidenced above. I'm merely suggesting for the sake of this thread to not keep taking the bait. It's hard to keep up an argument when you are the only one arguing. Of course, this is only my two cents

I would hate to see this thread closed when we are all so, so sad about this poor girl.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #259
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR

You absolutely have posted some false information from your police officer friend. It was inappropriate for a professional to post what he said on Facebook, and it was wrong of you to also post it on here. Even if the info was correct, the police weren't releasing the information for a reason and it wasn't your story to tell nor that of your officer friend.

Now you are continuing on, insisting you know more information that hasn't been released. Again, this isn't your info to release. If you want to continue, you may try going about it without such a righteous attitude. Maybe saying things like, "I'm local and some of the things I am reading on FB are contradicting the media," instead of, "You can't prove that I'm wrong."
Are you kidding me, where have they said they found her head... Where have they said they were looking for her head. And he can't prove I'm wrong, because it hasn't been released. So to bluntly say the previous poster is wrong when they have no idea is wrong. I have never stated something as fact I said from the beginning that it was mention is the same freaking thing as stated her head and hands were found in his crawl space. So if I'm wrong to share what I was told how are they not wrong to share that they found a head.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #260
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

The only thing I'm fustrated about is they keep calling me out. I'm not mad at anyone else, but one can not say I'm wrong when they don't even know. I don't even know. I could understand if I was saying I know for a fact your wrong I'm right but I've already said it was MENTIONED. When the other posted has done the same thing yet I'm being called heartless rude etc, I'm glad most of you haven't dealt with this on a personal level. This is my town as well as some others. And we are all affected by it but at least you don't deal with the kids surrounding the area saying I can't go play I might die etc. I know my emotional level is high with this and that may be why I'm talking like this but I am not heartless and rude. I care about this little girl so much and I didn't even know her
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #261
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20
The only thing I'm fustrated about is they keep calling me out. I'm not mad at anyone else, but one can not say I'm wrong when they don't even know. I don't even know. I could understand if I was saying I know for a fact your wrong I'm right but I've already said it was MENTIONED. When the other posted has done the same thing yet I'm being called heartless rude etc, I'm glad most of you haven't dealt with this on a personal level. This is my town as well as some others. And we are all affected by it but at least you don't deal with the kids surrounding the area saying I can't go play I might die etc. I know my emotional level is high with this and that may be why I'm talking like this but I am not heartless and rude. I care about this little girl so much and I didn't even know her
Let it go. Seriously.

I get it isn't your intention but really it is just coming across really badly.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #262
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Just stop.
What do you care what a stranger on the Internet says.
If you care about this little girl, you'll stop.
Now.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #263
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

You know you guys are just feeding into this.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #264
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm trying to be but it's driving me crazy. The one person is purpousely pointing everything I say out and saying its wrong when I never said I know this is fact. Not much is being released. But yet they want to only Blame me and call me heartless when others being more heartless and not even being guilty. Your the first to see it as it is, and it isn't only me.
I wasn't going to answer Bertnie anymore as it is really inappropriate for this this thread and more importantly, this horrific situation. As others have said, it is hard to argue when you are the only one arguing.

However, in defense, Bertnie, I would like to point out that it was not me that was pointing out who is wrong. You are the one telling everybody they are wrong. In my case, I responded to your attack yesterday by citing a reputable source, The Denver Post, that poor little Jessica was found by workers collecting trash and saw a trash bag that did not look right.

Even after citing reputable sources, you continued to argue that you knew better and that you knew what went on in the field. Accusing others of not living in Colorado because you knew better.

This is the last time I will respond to any of your posts as I am not in the habit of arguing with children and as another poster mentioned, it is just icky to argue what really happened to this poor little girl.

I am sure all of it will come out in trial. Then you can come back and say "told you so."

Until then, since I started this thread, I ask you to please stick to information that is public knowledge. Any divulging of privileged information is not cool. You do not know who is googling this thread.

I edited some of my posts awhile back as it was inappropriate conversation. Will you do the same?
Hrhpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #265
Disney_Dreaming
Mouseketeer

I'm itching to call Westminster PD to let them know that someone is divulging information about the investigation.
Disney_Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #266
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20
I haven't read this whole thread bc it just sickens and saddens me. But you do realize that THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU, don't you? 2 families have lost their daughters and 2 other families are going to lose their sons. Please remember that and stop whining about how frustrated YOU are.
DD: 5

Kerrio929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #267
handinpocket
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Dreaming View Post
I'm itching to call Westminster PD to let them know that someone is divulging information about the investigation.
Yes, I'm sure they would be so concerned over nutcases on a WDW message board. Good lord everyone needs to STH up, ridiculous! A little girl was ripped apart by a 17 year old pyscho, that is all anyone needs to know. Tragic.
handinpocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #268
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrio929

I haven't read this whole thread bc it just sickens and saddens me. But you do realize that THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU, don't you? 2 families have lost their daughters and 2 other families are going to lose their sons. Please remember that and stop whining about how frustrated YOU are.
Never said it was about me, I'm allowed to be fustrated when people call me heartless when they know nothing about me. I have a constant remeninder of what's happening, I work for jeffco schools, the district Jessica was in, and although I'm glad with the heightend security, it is terrifying the kids and adults. Try having a 4 yr old ask you if she was in pain when they cut her up, then 5 mins later having a child go missing because of miss communication. I have and will never forget what is going on, I am not heartless and I don't care what anyone says but I will defend myself
Old 10-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #269
goofy!
You have to ride a roller coaster now, nah-ne-nah-ne-boo-boo!
It has been two weeks now and my toes are only a bit chipped

Thank goodness they found the guy. As I over shared previously, I live in ground zero, the subdivision where they found the backpack.

It has been unnerving having the FBI going door to door obtaining DNA samples. Having police at the school, while supposed to make us feel safe, gave us a daily reminder that a predator was out there and he had been in our neighborhood.

It was even more unnerving when it was announced that he had tried to abduct an adult first. You looked at all your neighbors differently.

Give your children a hug and if you are so inclined, pray for the Ridgeway family to find the strength to endure the upcoming months of the trial.
goofy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #270
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

OT - Just putting this out there in case someone doesn't know or has forgotten. You can edit your profile so that certain poster(s) posts are blocked from your view. Go to User CP - on the left side is a list - choose "Edit Ignore List" - add the posters user name. You will never have to read anything this person posts again unless you chose to unblock them.

My heart goes out to both Jessica's and Austin's parents.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: