Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #211
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Well... I know he would be tried as an adult in my state. Any ideas about Colorado?

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #212
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
A teenager. 17. What is wrong with kids these days? So sad.
This monster won 2nd place in a crime scene investigation competition back in March.

Hopefully, the police will now be able to recover the rest of Jessica's body (apparently the head and hands that were missing.)

He is also being charged with attempted rape and attempted abduction of a female jogger over Memorial weekend.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #213
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
They made an arrest!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
A 17 year old.

A baby killing a baby. No, I know the 17 year old isn't, technically, a baby but he sure is in the vast scheme of life.

Oh, my heart hurts for all the parents involved. Both have lost a child. One of those children will, thankfully, no longer suffer in this world but the other child... well, his childhood, his innocence, his potential future, and most, if not his entire, adulthood is now "lost" to his parents. Nothing but sadness and grief all around.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #214
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

As a previous poster said, this is so similar to the 12 year old girl killed by the 15 and 17 year olds in NJ (?)

What is happening?
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #215
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
PARDON??? a 17 yr old killed Jessica? Are you serious?

This is almost identical to the 12 yo Autumn Pasquale murder. A 15 & 17 yr old killed her. What on earth is going on with kids nowadays?
No, this guy is much more of a monster. This was not about a bicycle.

He attempted to abduct a female jogger over memorial day weekend, putting a chemical laced cloth over her face. She was able to get away.

This monster then moved on to a 10 year old little girl, hacked up her body and left parts of the body in a black garbage bag in open space, leaving her backpack to taunt LEOs in a small subdivision a few miles north.

He is a college student into crime scenes, winning 2nd place in the Crime Scene Investigation division of the Health Occupation Students of America State Leadership Conference competition on 3/23.

Wonder if they will move him out of juvie and into the general population. They don't take kindly to child killers.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #216
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
This monster won 2nd place in a crime scene investigation competition back in March.

Hopefully, the police will now be able to recover the rest of Jessica's body (apparently the head and hands that were missing.)

He is also being charged with attempted rape and attempted abduction of a female jogger over Memorial weekend.
Wow!

We all know this would be a horrible crime no matter the suspects age, but it is hard to get over the fact that someone so young could be so evil.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #217
monsterkitty
DIS Veteran

Kids can be evil at any age. As a teacher, and this will sound horrible because it is, I think to myself, "I am going to read about this student on the front page of the paper one day and it isn't going to be good." Right now I have about 15 former student in jail for murder or attempted murder charges.

Why are kids like this? Some are born this way. Others learn the behavior. The suspect in this case was turned in by his own mother last night. My guess is that although she did the best she could with him there is just something about him that is just not right.

Mental health care is not important to our country. Would this suspect, or Susupect A in the movie theatre shootings have gotten to this point if we had better mental health care? I don't know. Did either of these monsters show signs they were capable of such horrific crimes when they were younger? If so, did anyone ever try to get mental help for them? When we see a child that we think to ouselves we are going to read about one day, parents often ignore the warning signs we see ( and they see as well), or put their heads in the sand because they don't want to deal with it. How many serial killers could have been stopped before they even started? This creep was probably on his way to be a serial killer.

We blame violent movies, vidoe games, and music for many of these problems. But are those really the causes, or are these monsters born that way? We make excuses and don't look for the real causes or we don't look for the solutions.
monsterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #218
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Well... I know he would be tried as an adult in my state. Any ideas about Colorado?
Expert on news just said he will be tried as an adult. But cannot have the death penalty as the supreme court has ruled that you cannot apply the death penalty to minors.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #219
gm
DIS Veteran

I am so glad they got him. The mother called the police and turned him in. I think the clue he left at the scene "the wooden cross" that they showed on TV as a clue so many times and the mother probably recognized it and decided to call the police. I am so glad she is not like Cindy Anthony Casey's mom who covered for her daughter even though it was her own granddaughter.
gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #220
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Newest update:
The monster allegedly has confessed to the murder and has told police that there are human remains in the crawlspace of his house. Presumably the rest of Jessica.

This is so evil. He knew what he was doing. He dismembered Jessica, removing head and hands to make identification more difficult. Hence the several days waiting for DNA evidence. It makes one wonder how he is so knowledgeable. Does he have previous abductions under his belt or did he learn all this in his CSI type competitions?

He had enrolled in Mortuary Science at the local community college. This major has a ton of screening background checks to weed out the sicko's. It is not known how far he got in the screening process.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/2...human-remains/
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #221
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

She was never left in trash bags just an FYI he's being tried as an adult otherwise we wouldn't hear his name or see his pic. Btw: the family is saying Fox News is saying untrue things and to watch 9news but to take everything with a grain of sand
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #222
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
She was never left in trash bags just an FYI he's being tried as an adult otherwise we wouldn't hear his name or see his pic. Btw: the family is saying Fox News is saying untrue things and to watch 9news but to take everything with a grain of sand
Wrong. again.
9news and the Denver Post showed the pictures of the black garbage bag laying in the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver post
Workers picking up trash in Pattridge Park open space discovered a plastic bag near a culvert that "looked strange." Inside were human remains that later were identified as Jessica Ridgeway's. (RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post)
Additionally, during the press conference, Westminster Police spokesperson, Trevor Materasso, said the picture was being shown because they still want tips about the monster. He asked everybody to look at the picture and call in any tips. It was not because it had anything to do with him being charged as an adult. That is up to the prosecutor, and he will not be advised of the charges against him until tomorrow morning's hearing. Although experts are saying he will be charged as an adult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9news.com
Westminster Police Department Spokesman Trevor Materasso asked the public to look at Sigg's photo and call the tip line at 303-658-4336 or email PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us if they suspect him in any other attacks.

Last edited by Hrhpd; 10-24-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #223
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Wow. Never saw that coming. A 17 yr old?

I'm glad for the family's sake, they were able to recover her body & make an arrest with confession in such a short matter of time. Some of these cases never come to this point leaving added anguish for the families for years.

It doesn't bring her back, but at least they can move on to seeking justice.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #224
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd
Wrong. again.
9news and the Denver Post showed the pictures of the black garbage bag laying in the field.

Additionally, during the press conference, Westminster Police spokesperson, Trevor Materasso, said the picture was being shown because they still want tips about the monster. He asked everybody to look at the picture and call in any tips. It was not because it had anything to do with him being charged as an adult. That is up to the prosecutor, and he will not be advised of the charges against him until tomorrow morning's hearing. Although experts are saying he will be charged as an adult.
That's not showing a bag. If she was found in the bags, the news wouldn't have withheld helicopter footage because it was too gruesome to show as it showed a body part. The tunnel that is showed is extremely dark and pics would then be dark. If a flash was used it would have shown the background stuff in the tunnel thing. She wasn't even found in the tunnel, if you look at the pics from the night she was found it was next to there not in there. And actually if they were being tried as a minor they legally could not put his picture out there since he's a minor. I just have a feeling your trying to cut down everything I say
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #225
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Like I also said the cousins of Jessica are stating that ALOT of what the media are saying is false. And the pd hasn't released much info on it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: