Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #166
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
Yes they would tell the family, however they wouldnt have to tell them again when they were telling the media. The family knew about the body not being intact then a news reporter stated that they were talking to the family about how they were releasing the info to the media.

Also there is a couple different stories going around on our local news so some may be true others may not.
What other local reports are going around?

channels 2,4,7,9 and Fox, along with the Post and the Camera are all reporting the exact same thing; that the state of the body is making identification difficult and complicated and identification should not be expected till earliest, late afternoon Friday.

If you have a local source reporting something different, I honestly would love to read it. Would you please link it here? Thanks
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #167
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer
 
Bertnie20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
What other local reports are going around?

channels 2,4,7,9 and Fox, along with the Post and the Camera are all reporting the exact same thing; that the state of the body is making identification difficult and complicated and identification should not be expected till earliest, late afternoon Friday.

If you have a local source reporting something different, I honestly would love to read it. Would you please link it here? Thanks
it was some of the earlier posts on I "think" 4? they were saying police have reason to believe its Jessica. ive only been following fox and 9 tho. i was watching 4 and 7 with my sister last night.and i know it was either one of them, and they were making it sound like it was her they just werent alloweed to say. they also are saying more stuff on tv then in posts? so maybe thats why they are saying the same? ill try to find where they had said it tho
__________________
Disneyland~2008 Off Grounds
Walt Disney World~2011 All Star Movies
Disney World~2012 Aoa & Pop
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #168
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran
 
kwelch10377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
whats the need though. Im sure they would know that it would get out, and some of the sites were making it sound like they wanted the family's permission. do you think a child missing from evergreen, would be informed twice about something if they didnt think it was them?
I just said what the need was, so the family knows exactly what information they are releasing and when. Letting the family know when and what will help prepare them to deal with when they will have to deal with the media and what the media is going to be saying.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #169
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer
 
Bertnie20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 461

One thing i just noticed was if you type into google "police have reason to believe its Jessica" quite a few articles that are saying similar things have been deleted. heres what i shows before you click it on a couple

Body Found in Jessica Ridgeway Search 'Not Intact' - ABC News
abcnews.go.com/US/body-found-jessica-ridgeway-search-intact/story?...
But investigators have reasons to believe it is the body of the girl who ... The school called to report Jessica absent, but Sarah Ridgeway told police she was asleep …

Jessica Ridgeway search in Superior: 'We believe it is her ...
newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_n41_2/jessica-police-school.html
We do have reason to believe that it is directly associated ... "Out of state police have been in contact with Jessica's father and do not believe she is with him."

Jessica Ridgeway search: Westminster police won't comment on …
neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?p=2699837
12 hours ago
27 replies in thread
Jessica Ridgeway search: Westminster police won't comment on body found ... could be that it is Jessica, and they have reasons for not ... I do not believe that any useful ..
__________________
Disneyland~2008 Off Grounds
Walt Disney World~2011 All Star Movies
Disney World~2012 Aoa & Pop
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #170
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer
 
Bertnie20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelch10377 View Post
I just said what the need was, so the family knows exactly what information they are releasing and when. Letting the family know when and what will help prepare them to deal with when they will have to deal with the media and what the media is going to be saying.
I understnad what your saying, i was never disreagarding it. just saying some of the news sites have said it in a way as asking for permission which they dont need.
__________________
Disneyland~2008 Off Grounds
Walt Disney World~2011 All Star Movies
Disney World~2012 Aoa & Pop
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #171
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran
 
kwelch10377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
I understnad what your saying, i was never disreagarding it. just saying some of the news sites have said it in a way as asking for permission which they dont need.
They don't need to permission, but I am sure that they want to mantain a positive relationship with the family so they can work together (especially since the family has been ruled out as of right now as suspects) and communicating with them everything they can will help that.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #172
unglygirl
Earning My Ears
 
unglygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12

Please forgive me in advance btw long sorry for that as well

I know the most important people are family members however what about class mates and those that were used to seeing her daily how is the news being borken to them. I know I am coming across as insensitive but I did not know how else to state the question other then not do it at all, but all I can think about are the other main players in her life.

I mean if I was her friend or class mate I would have just assumed she was out sick not missing or if I was the teacher or another adult figure in the school I would have assumed the parent or who ever forgot to call in. If I was the parent I would have assumed my kid was at school safe and sound given that I have not heard other wise
unglygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #173
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer
 
Bertnie20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 461

Heres another example of what i mean. they are linking to much to her investiagation and saying they arent sure, but they wouldnt link this much if they didnt know. They arent looking for her, they are looking for a suspect.

Im changing the color of what i mean

WESTMINSTER - As the search for evidence in the Jessica Ridgeway investigation continues, the search for a suspect is intensifying.

The FBI has 50 agents working the Ridgeway investigation and they are asking the public to help them catch whoever is responsible.

Officers spent most of the day at the Pattridge open space and reopened the Leyden Road to traffic Thursday evening.

The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside. It's still not confirmed if the body is Jessica's.
__________________
Disneyland~2008 Off Grounds
Walt Disney World~2011 All Star Movies
Disney World~2012 Aoa & Pop
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #174
monsterkitty
DIS Veteran
 
monsterkitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere, waaay out there
Posts: 1,267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
Heres another example of what i mean. they are linking to much to her investiagation and saying they arent sure, but they wouldnt link this much if they didnt know. They arent looking for her, they are looking for a suspect.

Im changing the color of what i mean

WESTMINSTER - As the search for evidence in the Jessica Ridgeway investigation continues, the search for a suspect is intensifying.

The FBI has 50 agents working the Ridgeway investigation and they are asking the public to help them catch whoever is responsible.

Officers spent most of the day at the Pattridge open space and reopened the Leyden Road to traffic Thursday evening.

The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside. It's still not confirmed if the body is Jessica's.
Let's face it, it probably is Jessica. However, they do not know and they will not know until the DNA tests come back. The police have not said it was Jessica but they have said that the body was in such bad condition they can't tell who it is. Not only did the monster probably do something to the body, but so did wild animals in the area.

The fact is, we don't know who was found today. If tomorrow they confirm it was Jessica who was found you can say, "I told you so!" However, right now your posts are not proving your point.
monsterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #175
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer
 
Bertnie20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by unglygirl View Post
I know the most important people are family members however what about class mates and those that were used to seeing her daily how is the news being borken to them. I know I am coming across as insensitive but I did not know how else to state the question other then not do it at all, but all I can think about are the other main players in her life.

I mean if I was her friend or class mate I would have just assumed she was out sick not missing or if I was the teacher or another adult figure in the school I would have assumed the parent or who ever forgot to call in. If I was the parent I would have assumed my kid was at school safe and sound given that I have not heard other wise
I agree. i know its hard on the parents but what about this little girls friends that walk to school with her etc.. they are probably scared it could have been them too.
__________________
Disneyland~2008 Off Grounds
Walt Disney World~2011 All Star Movies
Disney World~2012 Aoa & Pop
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #176
ferris198
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 758

Of course they would look for a suspect they don't want a child abductor out and about.
And it is usual at least in my city that when a body is found, they notify all parents/spouses/family members of missing persons so that they are aware and don't hear it through the media.
ferris198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #177
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 632

I just found out she went to the school my mom teaches at before she moved out of her trailer and into the house. Was in kindergarten right next door. Her teammate is pretty upset and says she was a very sweet girl and would come visit after graduating kindergarten. She was really excited to get to move into a house! Hopefully they can find her and bring her home. But no matter what, there's a young child dead in our town this week so no happy endings
Makes you want to hug ALL the children in your life. Can't imagine how moms feel following the coverage.
I just always thought of this area as being relatively safe. Sad that we can't let our guard down anywhere anymore
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #178
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer
 
Bertnie20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkitty View Post
Let's face it, it probably is Jessica. However, they do not know and they will not know until the DNA tests come back. The police have not said it was Jessica but they have said that the body was in such bad condition they can't tell who it is. Not only did the monster probably do something to the body, but so did wild animals in the area.

The fact is, we don't know who was found today. If tomorrow they confirm it was Jessica who was found you can say, "I told you so!" However, right now your posts are not proving your point.
How is that not proving my point... my point was that the media is pretty much saying its jessica by how they are posting and linking the body being found to her story.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris198 View Post
Of course they would look for a suspect they don't want a child abductor out and about.
And it is usual at least in my city that when a body is found, they notify all parents/spouses/family members of missing persons so that they are aware and don't hear it through the media.
I know that they of course would look for them, my point was that they have turned the focus on the perp more than finding jessica.. someone earlier posted saying that they were still looking for jessica, i was just stating that article says that they arent looking for jessica but just the person who did this
__________________
Disneyland~2008 Off Grounds
Walt Disney World~2011 All Star Movies
Disney World~2012 Aoa & Pop
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #179
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 632

They're not even close to saying it's her.
But finding a body of a young girl when you're searching for a young girl is definitely connected. They can't tell if it's her but they may report that it might be simply because of circumstance.
How many young girls missing are there?
And they have spent all day searching other areas as well. If they were so sure it was Jessica they wouldn't have so many search parties wading in Stanley Lake and other open spaces. They would be focusing on the suspect.
They're still searching; they don't know it's her.
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #180
Philagoofy
Guess my favorite dog!
You must accept dust. You must become friends with dust. You are one with dust.
 
Philagoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phila, PA
Posts: 3,325

I hope the body they found isn't her and she's found alive and well. And if this isn't her, they still found someone's child. So sad anyway you look at it.
Philagoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: