Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #151
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
My heart breaks for Jessica's family. I hope the catch the monster who did this.
Exactly. This is just too sad. Poor little thing.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #152
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
Are you kidding me rude much, if they didn't want it out a state trooper wouldn't be posting it on his Facebook. It's already going fb on many pages. They Identifed her but didn't make it media know until the DNA test come back.
Right. Because in the history of the Internet, no one has ever posted something they weren't supposed to.

And if he put such unauthorized information on FB, he needs to have his rear end handed to him.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #153
lucyanna girl
My hair looks like Tigger spit out a hairball!
I have alot of AFV moments in my life.
he was no match for a scared mama with a water ski
I'm a Cheerios Girl Myself

Prayers for the family.

Penny
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #154
ferris198
DIS Veteran

First of prayers to the family and friends and all who are searching for her.
Secondly, while yes a body has been found, it is purely speculation that it is that of Jessica.
Let us wait until we get confirmation.
And if a state trooper did post/say something out of line he should be held to account.
ferris198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #155
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

I'm not saying he shouldn't have posted it, But telling me to shut up is uncalled for, I never said for a fact it's Jess I said this is what he has said and he has been out there. There is always a leak. They are waiting for DNA but he posted the family Identifed her, I never once said this was fact and its already going around. Didn't think posting this would cause such a scene which it shouldn't have
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #156
monsterkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also they are telling you without telling u. 9 news reported that they told the media about the fact inlets not in tact, if it wasn't her why would the family need to know.
I don't really understand the bolded portion of your post.

Why would the family need to know? Do you not think the media would not hear about a body being found in a field, about 6-7 miles from Jessica's house, but the body was not intact so they can't tell if it is her? They let the family know they found the body before the media knew. I bet they also told the family that because the body in not intact they cannot tell who it is. The police want the family to hear it from them, not the media.

My cousin is a state trooper in the northwest metro area. While he won't say anything about the case, he did say that a trooper posting information is unprofessional.
monsterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #157
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not saying he shouldn't have posted it, But telling me to shut up is uncalled for, I never said for a fact it's Jess I said this is what he has said and he has been out there. There is always a leak. They are waiting for DNA but he posted the family Identifed her, I never once said this was fact and its already going around. Didn't think posting this would cause such a scene which it shouldn't have
I am out here too. I have not heard a thing about the family going out to identify the remains.

In fact, news is reporting that the remains are so hacked up, a gruesome scene, that they cannot identify the remains.

If the scene is that gruesome, the LEOs will not bring the family out there to identify. They will wait for the DNA for a positive id. In fact, that is what they have told the family, that they should have an id by late Friday afternoon.

Quote:
WESTMINSTER, CO (KCTV) -

Authorities in Colorado have been unable to identify a body found in the search for missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, police said Thursday afternoon.

"We appreciate the media recognizing that from the helicopter you have footage of the body showing that it is not intact," Westminster Police Department's Trevor Materasso said. "This is extending the length of time it is taking for the investigation to positively identify who that body is."

Police have told Jessica's family and hope to be able to release the identity on Friday.

In an additional update, police said Thursday evening that "due to the condition of the body" that a positive identification won't come until late Friday afternoon.

"We are expecting that sometime tomorrow we will be able to hold a press conference with the agency heads. That information will then be released at that time tomorrow," Materasso said earlier in a 1:15 p.m. news conference.

The search of the area continues by hundreds of law enforcement officials. Materasso asked residents to continue to report tips to 303-658-4336.

Materasso took no questions and spoke for a minute and 20 seconds.

ABC News has reported that investigators believe the body is that of Jessica.

Denver media outlets reported Thursday that the body had been dismembered and did not appear to be that of an adult. One media outlet said the body had been hacked up and the scene was "gruesome."

The body was reportedly discovered Wednesday evening near an abandoned mining shack on the Pattridge Park open space in Arvada.

"At this time, we're unable to make any connection to the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway," Materasso said Wednesday night.

He said Westminster and Arvada detectives, along with others, continue to work the crime scene.

FBI spokesman Dave Joly described the type of person that authorities are seeking. Joly said investigators are assuming this is a man who likely lives in the area.

He asked residents to keep a close eye out for anyone who has had since Friday unusual changes in their behavior or have made changes to their physical appearance such as shaving a moustache.

Jessica, 10, was last seen Friday morning as she left her Westminster, CO, home to go to school. She never made it school.

Police have cleared her parents as suspects. Jessica lives with her mother. Her father, Jeremy Bryant, lives in Independence, MO, along with his grandmother. A vigil was held in Independence on Wednesday night.

Bryant traveled from Independence to Colorado this week. He made an emotional plea on Wednesday for the safe return of his daughter.

Her family in Independence told KCTV5 Wednesday that police alerted the family to the discovery of the body Tuesday night. However, they remain hopeful that the girl will be returned to her family safely.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #158
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

I'm watching the coverage now. So sad. Prayers to her family. Awful. Just awful.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #159
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
I am out here too. I have not heard a thing about the family going out to identify the remains.

In fact, news is reporting that the remains are so hacked up, a gruesome scene, that they cannot identify the remains.

If the scene is that gruesome, the LEOs will not bring the family out there to identify. They will wait for the DNA for a positive id. In fact, that is what they have told the family, that they should have an id by late Friday afternoon.
Thats the first i have heard of the posted story. like i said, i put unofficial news. i never said I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT IS HER. The trooper said that she was identified but couldnt let the media know for a fact until the dna test was back. its still not a fact, like the people posting about the car, was never a fact.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #160
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkitty View Post
I don't really understand the bolded portion of your post.

Why would the family need to know? Do you not think the media would not hear about a body being found in a field, about 6-7 miles from Jessica's house, but the body was not intact so they can't tell if it is her? They let the family know they found the body before the media knew. I bet they also told the family that because the body in not intact they cannot tell who it is. The police want the family to hear it from them, not the media.

My cousin is a state trooper in the northwest metro area. While he won't say anything about the case, he did say that a trooper posting information is unprofessional.
Sorry, that should have said about the fact that its not intact.

and I was never implying that the media wouldnt know, and that they wouldnt tell the family, but what the article said was We have informed the family that we will be letting the media know about the finding of the body. If it had nothing to do with Jessica, they wouldnt bring the fact of hey theres a dead body thats hacked up and we know you know but we want to tell you that were telling 9news. they would say we had a body but we dont believe it to be jessicas. but no, thats not what they did. Also just because i post what someone has said doesnt mean im saying its a fact. the name of this thread is doing the same thing, Amber alert in colorado-Body found-pray for the family kinda says its her.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #161
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:

and I was never implying that the media wouldnt know, and that they wouldnt tell the family, but what the article said was We have informed the family that we will be letting the media know about the finding of the body. If it had nothing to do with Jessica, they wouldnt bring the fact of hey theres a dead body thats hacked up and we know you know but we want to tell you that were telling 9news. they would say we had a body but we dont believe it to be jessicas. but no, thats not what they did. Also just because i post what someone has said doesnt mean im saying its a fact. the name of this thread is doing the same thing, Amber alert in colorado-Body found-pray for the family kinda says its her.
well, since I put up the title, I can absolutely assure you it does not imply at all that the body found was Jessica's. Praying for the family is important for the incredible stress they are going through right now waiting to see if this horrible crime scene is their precious daughter.

I suggest we all wait for actual facts, not facebook posts from a probably soon to be unemployed state trooper, and keep this family in your thoughts and if you are one to pray, in your prayers.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #162
monsterkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The Amber Alert has not been canceled. In fact, during the press conference this morning, they said they were continuing with the search. This afternoon they said there were still LEOs out there searching. They do not know who they found. They would tell the family there is a body that has been found out of common courtesy.
monsterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #163
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkitty View Post
The Amber Alert has not been canceled. In fact, during the press conference this morning, they said they were continuing with the search. This afternoon they said there were still LEOs out there searching. They do not know who they found. They would tell the family there is a body that has been found out of common courtesy.
Yes they would tell the family, however they wouldnt have to tell them again when they were telling the media. The family knew about the body not being intact then a news reporter stated that they were talking to the family about how they were releasing the info to the media.

Also there is a couple different stories going around on our local news so some may be true others may not.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #164
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes they would tell the family, however they wouldnt have to tell them again when they were telling the media. The family knew about the body not being intact then a news reporter stated that they were talking to the family about how they were releasing the info to the media.

Also there is a couple different stories going around on our local news so some may be true others may not.
Why wouldn't they tell them again when they were releasing to the media that a body had been found? Given the circumstances of where/when/how the body was found there would be tons of speculation in the media and the family needs to be prepared for that. The family needs to know exactly what is being told to the media so they understand that they know at least what the media knows and that anything beyond that are rumors.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #165
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

whats the need though. Im sure they would know that it would get out, and some of the sites were making it sound like they wanted the family's permission. do you think a child missing from evergreen, would be informed twice about something if they didnt think it was them?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: