Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #136
7165red
DIS Veteran

OMG, this is so sad, my heart and prayers go out to her family. That poor little girl, how could anyone do such an awful act. Hold your children tight.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #137
monsterkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
Unofficial update: a friend of mines husband is a state trooper and said it is Jessica. But this is not media known
They said tonight that they cannot tell if it is Jessica until they can do DNA tests. Those results will not be available until tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by monsterkitty; 10-11-2012 at 07:28 PM.
monsterkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #138
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Unofficial update: a friend of mines husband is a state trooper and said it is Jessica. But this is not media known
Then why the heck are you saying anything? People need to learn to shut up. It helps no one to divulge what you don't know for certain and shouldn't even be saying.

The several recent news reports I read BTW, said that it will take at least another day to ID the body.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #139
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom

Then why the heck are you saying anything? People need to learn to shut up. It helps no one to divulge what you don't know for certain and shouldn't even be saying.

The several recent news reports I read BTW, said that it will take at least another day to ID the body.
It was definitely a bad idea for the previous poster to have said that.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #140
LauraEadon

What the hell is wrong with people?
LauraEadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #141
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Are you kidding me rude much, if they didn't want it out a state trooper wouldn't be posting it on his Facebook. It's already going fb on many pages. They Identifed her but didn't make it media know until the DNA test come back.
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #142
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Also they are telling you without telling u. 9 news reported that they told the media about the fact inlets not in tact, if it wasn't her why would the family need to know.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #143
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you kidding me rude much, if they didn't want it out a state trooper wouldn't be posting it on his Facebook. It's already going fb on many pages. They Identifed her but didn't make it media know until the DNA test come back.
He absolutely should not have posted that in a public place like FaceBook. That is completely unprofessional and I would bet against policy.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #144
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib
He absolutely should not have posted that in a public place like FaceBook. That is completely unprofessional and I would bet against policy.
Yes but the media has also has lead on to it's her they just haven't said it. And by posting it saying unofficial update means that he could possibly be wrong. Just sharing what I was told.. Doesn't mean can act like jerks and blame me for everything
Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #145
kwelch10377
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If they wanted the information out then they would have put it out in the proper media channels to ensure what was being said was accurate. I'm pretty sure that a state troopers Facebook page is not the proper media channel.
kwelch10377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #146
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes but the media has also has lead on to it's her they just haven't said it. And by posting it saying unofficial update means that he could possibly be wrong. Just sharing what I was told.. Doesn't mean can act like jerks and blame me for everything
????? Ummm, ok, I guess. No one "Blamed you for everything"
The point is he should not have posted it. The media can guess whatever they want. A random state trooper should not be giving "unofficial updates".
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #147
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

WOw, I guess people hate spoilers for their murders just like they hate them for their tv shows.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll

Last edited by LuvsDragonflies; 10-11-2012 at 08:49 PM.
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #148
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exactly. My sister also made a good point last at least for her and her daughter. She said that if someone took my niece that she would Want them to kill her instantly (if that was their plan) then have her suffer and be scared and possibly be abused wondering where mommy is. I honestly hope it is Jessica for a couple of reasons. What I believe is she is in heaven pain free. She's not being used as someones toy and lastly if it not her, chances are she is still dead and who they found is another child
I am right there with your sister. However, I brought up this point on a thread a few months ago saying this and many people disagreed with me. That poor little girl. There are much worse things than being dead.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #149
Rylee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The subject matter needs to be taken into consideration here. We're not talking about a rumored new attraction in MK. This is somber and serious and needs to be approached respectfully and with sensitivity.

&

Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #150
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

My heart breaks for Jessica's family. I hope the catch the monster who did this.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: