Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
3littlecuties
Mouseketeer

How long do I have to cancel an ADR?

We made 3 ADR's - character breakfast at Cape May, character dinner at Chef Mickey's, and lunch at Teppan Edo. The character meals will be fine. Teppan Edo is the one that I am hesitant about. It depends on how the kids behavior is overall on the trip as to whether we will keep that one. I really hope to because DH and I went there once without our kids and really enjoyed it. But I won't take them there if I think there behavior will ruin the experience for us and other guests.

So low far in advance do I have to cancel? Is there a charge if I don't cancel within a certain time?
3littlecuties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

there is no charge for canceling a 1credit TS. you can cancel right up to the moment of the reservation in fact you dont even need to cancel. However they would appreciate it if you do because they can then try to fill that spot. There is a charge for not cancelling a dinner that require a credit card to hold your reservation. I think you have to cancel within 24 hours or you are charged a fee for not showing up.
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
butsy113
AKV Owner

Waiting for the answer too. Last year we switched our ADR's around at the last minute on my phone as things became available that we really wanted. We were never charged. However, I have read they are now charging per person if it's not cancelled within 24 hours. Does anyone know for sure
Old 10-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

It depends on the restaurant. I think the charge only applies to signature dining, or restaurants where you had to give a credit card to secure the reservation. When I made ressies for Be Our Guest, I was told that if I canceled within 24 hours or was a no-show, I'd be charged $10. If you didn't have to give a CC # when you made the ressie, you won't be charged anything for canceling or not showing up, no matter how late. However, as PP mentioned, it's only courteous to cancel ASAP when you know you'll need to, so they can give the table to someone else.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpiejg View Post
there is no charge for canceling a 1credit TS. you can cancel right up to the moment of the reservation in fact you dont even need to cancel. However they would appreciate it if you do because they can then try to fill that spot. There is a charge for not cancelling a dinner that require a credit card to hold your reservation. I think you have to cancel within 24 hours or you are charged a fee for not showing up.
Technically speaking, that's not entirely correct. There are many 1 TS credit restaurants that are requiring a credit card hold. Most of those are character meals.

The answer I would give would be: Any restaurant that requires a credit card hold (in most cases, signature restaurants and character meals; a few other buffets, as well) will require a 24 hour cancellation notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
It depends on the restaurant. I think the charge only applies to signature dining, or restaurants where you had to give a credit card to secure the reservation. When I made ressies for Be Our Guest, I was told that if I canceled within 24 hours or was a no-show, I'd be charged $10. If you didn't have to give a CC # when you made the ressie, you won't be charged anything for canceling or not showing up, no matter how late. However, as PP mentioned, it's only courteous to cancel ASAP when you know you'll need to, so they can give the table to someone else.
It's important to note that the $10 charge is per person. So if you are a party of 5 and don't show up, you get a $50 charge to your credit card.

Many people have asked, "What if I have a party of 6 but only 4 show up?" In that case, you're fine. Your party did show up, and you don't get penalized if you are missing a few people.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: