Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
elovell
Mouseketeer

Should we buy HHN & EP before going to park?

We will be going to our 1st trip to Universal Oct. 18-20. We'd like to buy Stay & Scream tix & EP for HHN. I'm leaning more towards our 1st night there due to it being a weeknight & possibly lower crowds. Would you recommend we purchase our tickets before our trip or after we're there? On one side, I'm scared if I purchase prior that it might rain. On the other hand, I'm afraid they could run out of EP due to it being hell week. If we did buy the passes after we're there, where would we go to buy them? We'll be staying at PBH.

Another question that I had is that we were planning on doing S & S & having dinner @ Finnegans @ 4:30. Would you recommend this if we have EP? Just wondering if the houses would be better after dark; however, DH hates waiting in long lines.
elovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elovell View Post
We will be going to our 1st trip to Universal Oct. 18-20. We'd like to buy Stay & Scream tix & EP for HHN. I'm leaning more towards our 1st night there due to it being a weeknight & possibly lower crowds. Would you recommend we purchase our tickets before our trip or after we're there? On one side, I'm scared if I purchase prior that it might rain. On the other hand, I'm afraid they could run out of EP due to it being hell week. If we did buy the passes after we're there, where would we go to buy them? We'll be staying at PBH.

Another question that I had is that we were planning on doing S & S & having dinner @ Finnegans @ 4:30. Would you recommend this if we have EP? Just wondering if the houses would be better after dark; however, DH hates waiting in long lines.
I would go ahead and purchase before you arrive so you aren't wasting time standing the ticket lines. If you're worried about the weather, bring a small umbrella or poncho with you...something that doesn't weigh a lot and won't be in the way. October weather is unpredictable so you've got to be prepared for anything. It was so humid last night that I never stopped sweating...I would have welcomed a litte bit of rain.

Eating at Finnegan's around 4:30pm should be fine...especially with EPs for the evening. You will possibly still have lines even with the EP so just be prepared. It's getting to be a small advantage to S & S now with the crowds than it used to be. Last night we were released around 5:50pm or so and the front gates which used to open at 6:30pm was opening a little after 6pm. The lines grew very quickly so it was really busy early...for the second Sunday in a row.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: