Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Flounder11
Earning My Ears

POFQ! Bad reviews? Good Reviews?

We are staying at POFQ in a little over a week! We are very excited as this is DD4s suprise birthday present! Well be there for 8 days. Anyone have a bad experience? Any building we should request with dd4? Can she go down the slide with swimmies on ? Instead of using DD4's refillable mug, can we refill her own water bottle?

POFQ 10/12
Off Site 5/11
Flounder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
casjen
DIS Veteran

This is our favorite resort! We love it here. It is so small and quaint and such a welcome relief after walking around the parks all day. We usually request the upper floor in building 5 or 6 bc I hate listening to people stomp on my ceiling at 1am.

The food court is small, however we just got back from Pop and I hated how loud and chaotic the food court was. We took the boat to riverside for dinner a few times and to dtd and it was so relaxing and peaceful.

We just adore it there. Everything is so close any building is great and the bus stops re covered and we rarely had a line (even during peak weeks). Compared to Pop's buses I would choose POFQ anytime. We stood maybe once or twice, at Pop we really sat. Enjoy!
casjen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

With respect to the mug question, I suggest filling the mug and emptying it into your DDs water bottle. Saves any questions about whether filling the bottle is allowed(though it would be nice not have to hassle with lugging the mug around)
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
lizzie1001
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder11
We are staying at POFQ in a little over a week! We are very excited as this is DD4s suprise birthday present! Well be there for 8 days. Anyone have a bad experience? Any building we should request with dd4? Can she go down the slide with swimmies on ? Instead of using DD4's refillable mug, can we refill her own water bottle?
I just left POFQ this morning It was wonderful!!! We don't have children yet, but there are lifeguards all around the pool...DD can wear swimmies down the slide, I'd just catch her at the end otherwise she'll go underwater. We stayed in building 1, 3rd floor in a corner room and it was AWESOME. Had a river view...only down side was hearing the water taxi horn...but it didn't bother us much. We loved the resort...really only ate breakfast there and we found the food sufficient. Nothing fancy but we love the Mardi Gras decorations We would definitely go back there!!!
lizzie1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
hill6
DIS Veteran

Stayed four nights in July and we loved it. Love the compact size.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
summerlady
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at POFQ a bunch of times and have always loved it. We liked building 3 facing the main building the best, it was a nice straight shot to the food court, arcade, pool. But, we've also been in bldgs. 2, 6, and 7 and none of them was a bad location, 7 is the farthest out so you might not want it with a 4 year old.

Love love love it, and the only reason we're staying at POR this trip is because I had a PIN code back in Jan. for free QSDP and POFQ wasn't available. Plus, we're staying during a blacked out FD week so free QSDP was a deal for us. Planning on renting bikes one afternoon with DGD just to go to POFQ for beignets.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

POFQ is a wonderful resort. My son is not a good swimmer but he had fun at the pool everyday. We put him on a life vest from the gift shop and he was able to go down the slide with it on. The slide is small so it is great for the little one's.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
Flounder11
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone!! Im even more excited now

POFQ 10/12
Off Site 5/11
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #9
ppony
Artist in residence

Having stayed at all mods sans CSR, I can say POFQ is our fave and we've stayed there multiple times. I just wanted to add to your excitement. Enjoy!

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

We stayed in POFQ last April and loved it. We were in building 7 on the top floor. Although it is the furthest from everything it was still really easy to get to the bus, pool and food court, no more than about a 3 or 4 minute walk. The buses were really easy and hardly ever packed. We loved it so much we are booked to go back next April!! My DD loved the slide in the pool and the boat to DTD was so convenient and relaxing. Have a lovely trip xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
Flounder11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
We stayed in POFQ last April and loved it. We were in building 7 on the top floor. Although it is the furthest from everything it was still really easy to get to the bus, pool and food court, no more than about a 3 or 4 minute walk. The buses were really easy and hardly ever packed. We loved it so much we are booked to go back next April!! My DD loved the slide in the pool and the boat to DTD was so convenient and relaxing. Have a lovely trip xx
Thank you so much!!

POFQ 10/12
Off Site 5/11
Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Flounder11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
Having stayed at all mods sans CSR, I can say POFQ is our fave and we've stayed there multiple times. I just wanted to add to your excitement. Enjoy!

Thank you!! we are very excited!

POFQ 10/12
Off Site 5/11
Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
Flounder11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
We've stayed at POFQ a bunch of times and have always loved it. We liked building 3 facing the main building the best, it was a nice straight shot to the food court, arcade, pool. But, we've also been in bldgs. 2, 6, and 7 and none of them was a bad location, 7 is the farthest out so you might not want it with a 4 year old.

Love love love it, and the only reason we're staying at POR this trip is because I had a PIN code back in Jan. for free QSDP and POFQ wasn't available. Plus, we're staying during a blacked out FD week so free QSDP was a deal for us. Planning on renting bikes one afternoon with DGD just to go to POFQ for beignets.
I will keep that in mind!!

POFQ 10/12
Off Site 5/11
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Flounder11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by casjen View Post
This is our favorite resort! We love it here. It is so small and quaint and such a welcome relief after walking around the parks all day. We usually request the upper floor in building 5 or 6 bc I hate listening to people stomp on my ceiling at 1am.

The food court is small, however we just got back from Pop and I hated how loud and chaotic the food court was. We took the boat to riverside for dinner a few times and to dtd and it was so relaxing and peaceful.

We just adore it there. Everything is so close any building is great and the bus stops re covered and we rarely had a line (even during peak weeks). Compared to Pop's buses I would choose POFQ anytime. We stood maybe once or twice, at Pop we really sat. Enjoy!
I know i couldnt stay in a place too chaotic!!

POFQ 10/12
Off Site 5/11
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
NateTiff
Earning My Ears

Smile We Loved it!

I went there for my honeymoon in January and we loved it! The water taxi to Downtown Disney was very convenient as well. The hotel was on the quiet side which we appreciated since we don't have kids. We're going back in January and we've already booked our reservations for POFQ!
NateTiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: