DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

How many days before must we decide?

My father is currently in the ICU at the hospital right now with a brain anyuersm. He has had complications and is not doing good. My mother and my family have an Alaskan cruise booked on Disney cruise line next August. It is my mothers dream trip but I don't know if we are going to be able to go on the trip now. I know we have a while and frankly I don't know what tomorrow holds. But hold many months before do we need to decide if we can go or not so that we don't lose our points?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

We used next years points and 2014 if it matters.

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
keaster
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your father. Here is the cancellation police for DCL:

Cancellation Policy for Stateroom Categories 4-11 or Category V-11 (Penalty Per Person)

All Sailings Less Than 10 Nights*
Cancelling a reservation 75 or more days before the sailing date: All Reservation Points will be returned to the Use Year in which the reservation falls or 100% of the cash payment is returned.*
Cancelling a reservation 74 to 45 days before the sailing date: 20% of Reservation Points or 20% of the cash payment made.*
Cancelling a reservation 44 to 30 days before the sailing date: 50% of Reservation Points or 50% of the cash payment made.*
Cancelling a reservation 29 to 15 days before the sailing date: 75% of Reservation Points or 75% of the cash payment made.*
Cancelling a reservation 14 or less days before the sailing date: All Reservation Points or all of the cash payment made will be forfeited.

Those returned points remain as "reservation" points which mean you can't use them to book a DVC resort, you can only use them for another Disney collection option.

Hope that helps!

DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013

Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLDisney_Freak View Post
We used next years points and 2014 if it matters.

You will only be able to use those points for a non-DVC stay. Like a Disney resort or the DCL or Adventures by Disney no matter when you cancel.

If your cruise was during you 2013UY, they will expire at the end of that UY.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
STLDisney_Freak

Thank you. One other question if any of 2012 points were use we would lose those, correct?

Old 10-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster View Post

[B]

All Sailings Less Than 10 Nights*
Cancelling a reservation 75 or more days before the sailing date: All Reservation Points will be returned to the Use Year in which the reservation falls or 100% of the cash payment is returned.*
I am so sorry to hear about your father. The reservation points, as per the policy, see post 3, will be returned to the Use Year of the reservation.

When did you say the cruise is, 2013? The reservation points would go into 2013 Use Year then as long as you cancel by the guidelines.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
STLDisney_Freak

Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
STLDisney_Freak

It is suppose to be aug 2013

Old 10-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLDisney_Freak View Post
It is suppose to be aug 2013

If you have Sept or later month for your UY, that trip would be in your 2012 UY. So you wouldn't have much time left to use them after the August cruise. If you UY is before August, you'd have more time to use them and you would be in your 2013 UY.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

You might want to ask DVC about transferring those points into an RCI trade account...
We had some points that we were going to lose (because a friend booked a trip with my points and then cancelled etc.) and we transferred the points into an RCI account because we had so much more time to use them.

We are now spending Christmas week in New Orleans, so not so bad! I'd call DVC and ask them what your best options are....

So sorry to hear your news...
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: