Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
MinnieMama09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I think the January time frame will be a lot better for you crowd wise! I've never been in Jan. but from trip reports on the Dis, it seems like everyone really clears out right after New Year's Day. Are you doing just 2 park days or were you planning on doing 2 parks but repeating them? Just wondering, as you will be there 4-5 days it looks like. I would up your park time, if it's financially possible! That way you could do all 4 parks or maybe pick 3 and then repeat your favorite.
What ADR's have you gotten? For your kid's ages there are a lot to pick from! Crystal Palace (MK) has Pooh & friends, Chef Mickey is great for Mickey & the rest of the classics, 1900 Park Fare dinner is GREAT. Seriously my favorite for character interaction, you will see Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia & Drizella. Or if you wanted a princess meal with more princesses, Akershus (Norway, Epcot) is great too. Oh and there is a character meal at DHS that features some of the Disney Jr characters...it's called Play & Dine I believe. I have never been to that meal, so I can't really comment, but I have read great reviews!

I think we are just a little overwhelmed (and are a little short on time frame with going back to school) so we were planning on going to maybe 3 of the parks (Thurs., Fri., Sat.) and then spending our last morning at MK again (that will be one of our other days too) for the Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast and then ride and few rides and drive back that day (Sunday). I was able to get ADRs at Crystal Palace for lunch our first day in the parks (Thurs.) and then we were going to go to DHS the next day and I have and have the character breakfast there with the Dis. Jr. characters you mentioned. All the shows and things at DHS look like things my kids would love. Seems similar to us to some of the things at Californai Adventure.

Still trying to decide where to go on our third day. I think we are just so used to DL (and LOVE it), and we are a limited on time and budget, but definitely want to make the most of this first trip to WDW. We went every year to DL living in AZ, so I know we will try probably do the same now that we are only a 6 hr. drive from WDW!
MinnieMama09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMama09

I think we are just a little overwhelmed (and are a little short on time frame with going back to school) so we were planning on going to maybe 3 of the parks (Thurs., Fri., Sat.) and then spending our last morning at MK again (that will be one of our other days too) for the Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast and then ride and few rides and drive back that day (Sunday). I was able to get ADRs at Crystal Palace for lunch our first day in the parks (Thurs.) and then we were going to go to DHS the next day and I have and have the character breakfast there with the Dis. Jr. characters you mentioned. All the shows and things at DHS look like things my kids would love. Seems similar to us to some of the things at Californai Adventure.

Still trying to decide where to go on our third day. I think we are just so used to DL (and LOVE it), and we are a limited on time and budget, but definitely want to make the most of this first trip to WDW. We went every year to DL living in AZ, so I know we will try probably do the same now that we are only a 6 hr. drive from WDW!
We are going the same days as you are. It's me, DH, DS (10), DS(10), DS(5) for what it's worth here is our plan. We are leaving @ 6 am & driving 6 hours to Polynesian. We will see if we can get into our room to unpack and then head to the MK. Thursday is EP, Friday AK. On saturday morning we will go to HS to ride the main attractions and be out by lunch. This might not work for you since it's your first time you might like to spend more time at HS if that's the case Saturday is really not the best day to go. HS is our least favorite park. We will go to MK late afternoon and evening for our last night. DH doesn't like to go to a park one the day we leave so we always have a late character breakfast at Ohana or Chef Mickey's and get on the road. The character breakfast is a great way to end our trip.
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

I just typed all of this on my iPhone and sent it to someone instead of posting. Not sure what happened !
We are there Jan 2-6 as well and here is our plan. Leave at 6 am for 6 hour drive to The Polynesian. Try to check in and then go to the MK. Thursday EP, Friday AK. HS is our least favorite park am we will go Saturday morning for emu to ride the main attractions. If you think your family might enjoy HS a lot then Saturday is not a good day for you to go. We will leave HS by lunch and go to MK in the late afternoon for our last night. DH doesn't like to go to a park on the day we leave. We always end our vacation with a late character breakfast at O'hana or Chef Mickey's and get on the road. We love to end our trips this way.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

Sorry. User malfunction!!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #20
MinnieMama09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2twinboys View Post
We are going the same days as you are. It's me, DH, DS (10), DS(10), DS(5) for what it's worth here is our plan. We are leaving @ 6 am & driving 6 hours to Polynesian. We will see if we can get into our room to unpack and then head to the MK. Thursday is EP, Friday AK. On saturday morning we will go to HS to ride the main attractions and be out by lunch. This might not work for you since it's your first time you might like to spend more time at HS if that's the case Saturday is really not the best day to go. HS is our least favorite park. We will go to MK late afternoon and evening for our last night. DH doesn't like to go to a park one the day we leave so we always have a late character breakfast at Ohana or Chef Mickey's and get on the road. The character breakfast is a great way to end our trip.
Thanks for the info...we are actually also from the Charleston area (I forgot I need to change my profile now that we moved) . I think we will do HS on Friday, I'm thinking with my kids (3 and 6) there are a lot of shows and things that have my kids favorite characters. Plus, knowing my DH he likes to take things slow, go back to the hotel to rest, etc.--so not like me! Still trying to decide what we will do our 3rd day...and then we'll end our trip with the CRT breakfast and spend a few hours in the morning at MK before we drive back home.
MinnieMama09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
Mom2twinboys
Now mom to 3 boys

We love both AK & EP. My DH says you should do AK for your third day and I think EP so we are no help! It's disney so you can't go wrong.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
megan10310
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMama09

Thanks for the info...we are actually also from the Charleston area (I forgot I need to change my profile now that we moved) . I think we will do HS on Friday, I'm thinking with my kids (3 and 6) there are a lot of shows and things that have my kids favorite characters. Plus, knowing my DH he likes to take things slow, go back to the hotel to rest, etc.--so not like me! Still trying to decide what we will do our 3rd day...and then we'll end our trip with the CRT breakfast and spend a few hours in the morning at MK before we drive back home.
Is your 6yo into star wars? They do Jedi training at hs and it is much better organized than the Jedi training in dl. You go sign up right after rope drop....my six year old is still talking about it from our February trip.

We skip ak. My dh thinks it is super boring. I enjoy it, but we have been to several really nice zoos and we don't care to see the animals while at disney. There are just so many other things to do that it falls lower on the priority list for us.

First Family Disney Trip!!! March 2010

Can't Wait! Next Trip - February 2013!
megan10310 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: