Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #31
MaymieL
Earning My Ears

Talking

We are super excited about this cruise. This will be our first cruise. It will be me (Maymie) my DH (Shannon), DS11, DD10, and DS7. We also have some family cruising with us including a nephew age 5! We would like to do the FE. But may need some guidance on the logistics...
Any tips for first time cruisers would be great! Can't wait til April!
MaymieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:17 AM   #32
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Newbie Here!

Hello Everyone!

My kids and I will be taking or first ever cruise. I'm a single Mom traveling with my DS-8, DS-5, and DD-4. I am very excited and can't wait! The trip will be a suprise for my kiddos!

What is an FE?

Any advice you can share about cruising in general or this Cruise specifically would be much appreciated.

Sherrie
sherrief is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #33
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaymieL View Post
We are super excited about this cruise. This will be our first cruise. It will be me (Maymie) my DH (Shannon), DS11, DD10, and DS7. We also have some family cruising with us including a nephew age 5! We would like to do the FE. But may need some guidance on the logistics...
Any tips for first time cruisers would be great! Can't wait til April!

I am also really excited about this cruise, even more so now that we have such an awesome group shaping up.

I will try to post a few things about Fish Extenders this morning.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #34
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrief View Post
Hello Everyone!

My kids and I will be taking or first ever cruise. I'm a single Mom traveling with my DS-8, DS-5, and DD-4. I am very excited and can't wait! The trip will be a suprise for my kiddos!

What is an FE?

Any advice you can share about cruising in general or this Cruise specifically would be much appreciated.

Sherrie

You know I am a little jealous of everyone. My kids are almost all grown. I remember that the young ones really keep you on your toes and busy but when they are young they are so sweet and loving.

My DD (16) has finally got back to being my sweet daughter. We had a few years in there were she was a little moody. We also when through about a year of the all black phase. Dark hair, skinny jeans, medal studs on clothes. I went with it because I did the same thing at that age. I figured she'd get tired of it and out grow that phase and sure enough she did after about 6 months. Of course there was never any bad behavior just a fashion statement. Bad behavior would have been a different story all together.

Of course now we have 3 grandbabies ages 2, 1.5, and 3 months. There so fun to play with. I just wish I could talk their parents into going on this cruise with us.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #35
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Beside the doors on the Disney Cruise is a Fish shaped clip that is used to clip the days Navigators and other information to.

Many DISer's join fish extender groups which exchange small presents with other members sailing on their cruise. In order to leave the gifts members of the group attach a fish extender to their Fish. Here is a picture in post 2:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=fish+extender

Your fish extender can be as elaborat or simple as you want. Some people make theirs creating their own designs. Some people buy them off Etsy. And some people just use simple items like decorated gifts bags attached to the fish.

As far as the actual exchange maybe nancyelew can give us some more information as she has actually particpated in them before.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #36
SsMom
Earning My Ears

Fe & activities

I'm not sure if we are doing the FE (crazy here) but we are extremely excited about the activities and my kids meeting others!
Please post any tips for us newbies

Thanks DallasTxCpA for all your help!
SsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #37
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Welcome Magic cruisers!!!!
KurlyStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #38
sherrief
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.

Did a little research, and an definately interested in doing the FE, sound like fun.

I and my oldest son have a passport from our trip to Belize last summer, but do i need to get one for my younger children for Cozumel?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #39
nancyelew
Earning My Ears

You will need a passport or birth certificate. However, if there are any emergencies and you need to fly back to the US, you will have to have a passport to get back.
nancyelew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #40
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

I just found a web page called Fish Extender 101 -- and I can't post it because I haven't made more than 10 posts yet.... blah!! I suppose I'll go make a couple of posts elsewhere on the boards lol

OMG how do people manage it when there are like hundreds of people that are participating?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #41
sherrief
Earning My Ears

I know. I'm really excited about the FE, but I can't imagine doing 100 gifts.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #42
sherrief
Earning My Ears

For those that participat in the FE, do you make your own extender or buy? I'm not very crafty, but they seem pretty straightforward .
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #43
courti1
Earning My Ears

We're cruising on the Magic on 4-12! This is our first DCL cruise and we are SO excited!! It will be me, DH, DD (5), and DD (3).

Most definitely interested in FE!!
courti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #44
SsMom
Earning My Ears

Red face kids outfit for dress up night

Hi everybody!

What are your kids wearing for dinner??? what about dress up night?

I know jeans and shorts are not allowed... with girls is easy, a pretty dress and voila... but with boys??? I am planning on nice shirts (not polo or tshirts)... do they need to have a vest or sports coat?

For regular dinner a polo shirt is ok??

Help!

For pirate night we are more than ready

They are 6 and 1 yo boys...
SsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #45
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

I think you'd be fine with a nice shirt and pants. I read somewhere that on the 4-day cruises, all dinners are cruise-casual so I wouldn't think they'd need a blazer or vest unless you wanted them to wear it.

My DS will be just short of 6 months old when we sail and although I'm sure they care a lot less about what little babies wear, I planned to do something similar and dress him up a little bit more than everyday attire but not so formal as a suit -- something like a cute little polo shirt with shorts or pants. With my DD, it will be exactly one month before she turns 3, and I've already been on the net looking at little cute dresses for her!

I'm excited for the pirate night too -- I'm not sure if I am going to dress her up in full pirate gear or do a more updated pirate look and just let her don a scarf and hat. We shall see...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: