Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #16
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyelew View Post
Hi y'all! We booked this cruise during our Christmas cruise and I'm excited to try another 4 day cruise. I haven't been on a 4 day cruise on DCL since August 1997!
Our group has 4 cabins with a total of 7 adults and 3 four year olds.
Is there any interest in doing a FE? Cause I know all of us would like to participate.
Wow, that sounds like a great group of people. We don't have any young kids in our group; although I did try to get my sister to bring her family but she didn't like the idea of the shorter cruise. I think a fish extender group sounds great and would love to be a part of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
Hi everyone. We are looking at booking this cruise with our daughter, her husband and her two sons. Dh and I are taking our two granddaughters on the 4 day Febr 1st cruise out of Galveston. We are trying to sail out of Galveston as much as we can until the Magic leaves Galveston. I will let you know when we book. Sherry
Welcome. Sounds like you have some great cruises booked. I was planning on doing another cruise in summer 2014 but I will have to figure out if I want to do a longer cruise or a land sea to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyStarr View Post
Hey there!! We are sailing the Magic for the first time on 4/12! I can't wait!!!
The excitement is building. I have 8 more days till I can book my excursion, spa, and palo.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

I wanted to update because my Mom will be cruising with us. So we have Me, DH, DD (16), and my DM who is retired.

Any suggestions on excursions that my Mom might enjoy. She is pretty active and has no physical limitations.
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #18
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

We can't book anything until Jan 27... we are traveling with a 2 yr old and a baby (will be almost 6 months) so I'm sure we won't do anything big when we dock in Cozumel. I'm still interested to see what is available.

DH and I were there via Carnival a few years ago and went ATVing through Mayan ruins. I had a LOT of fun! I'm not sure if your Mom would be interested in something like that though...
KurlyStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

We are supposed to sail this one. I currently have a hold on the reservation and DH said he's formally booking today. This is very last minute for me (I don't do last minute) but my in-laws all of a sudden decided they wanted to try cruising. Our group would be Myself, DH, DS (3), DMIL, DFIL and possibly my DM (70).

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; November 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; January 2016 - Disney Magic
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyStarr View Post
We can't book anything until Jan 27... we are traveling with a 2 yr old and a baby (will be almost 6 months) so I'm sure we won't do anything big when we dock in Cozumel. I'm still interested to see what is available.

DH and I were there via Carnival a few years ago and went ATVing through Mayan ruins. I had a LOT of fun! I'm not sure if your Mom would be interested in something like that though...
yeah, my DH saw the ATV one and we were both like, well maybe not.

Mom, is supposed to be looking over the excursions and letting me know her top three. I will be good with whatever as this cruise is mostly about relaxing for me.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #21
trwprid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post

Awesome. Not sure if you have kids or not but supposedly this has been made one of the kids sail free dates. So might save you some money.
Yep!

Had our travel agent call DCL. Had to rebook into another room to grab the deal, but it was worth the savings.
trwprid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #22
hnstepp
Earning My Ears

My family is going on this cruise. I am interested in FE too. This is our first Disney Cruise and we are very excited. I will be sailing with my DH, DS 5, DS 3, DD 3m, and my parents am brother's family.
hnstepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #23
BellaKruz
Earning My Ears

Hi! We just booked and we are so excited! This will be our first Disney Cruise. It will be me, DH, DS (6), DD (4) and my sweet parents (66 & 69). We would love to do FE so please let me know if anyone is going to participate.
BellaKruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #24
SsMom
Earning My Ears

First Cruise for us!

We are super excited! This is going to be our first cruise. We are a family of 4, DH, DS (6) & DS (1.5).
I've been reading a lot of blogs (yes, I'm a newbie and don't know what to expect).
Do you have any tips to share with me?! I can't wait for April!
SsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #25
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

I updated posts 3 & 4. Post 3 has a list of all us DISer's on the cruise and post 4 has a list of those interested in the Fish Extender group.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #26
SsMom
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks girl!
I'm extremely excited about this... Just read about the fish exchange. I was clueless.
Can you explain me what's what we need to take? Yes, the newbie talking :/
Price rate? Etc
SsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #27
nancyelew
Earning My Ears

Thanks for starting the FE list! I have participated in three of these and will be doing another in a week. I could do the google document if you wanted.

Also, we have three, 4 year olds
nancyelew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #28
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Woo Hoo!!! Good to see more people starting to show up on the board! WELCOME!!!!!

I would be interested in the FE too... I think it would be cool especially with the little ones that will be cruising!

This is our first Disney cruise as well, so whatever info you have to share on the FE would be extremely helpful. I'd been reading feverishly on what to expect during the cruise, but hadn't come across any real guidelines on how the FE works. Like, do we exchange room numbers ahead of time? At what point do you drop off gifts to participants? All I've seen are a bunch of pics of the super-cute extenders that people make/use.

Also, I didn't know until yesterday that there is a pirate night!! How awesome! I can't wait!
KurlyStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #29
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyelew View Post
Thanks for starting the FE list! I have participated in three of these and will be doing another in a week. I could do the google document if you wanted.

Also, we have three, 4 year olds
Yeah! I was planning on feverishly studying up on FE's this weeknd. I would love any and all help on this because I have never done one and only have a basic knowlege of how it works.

Oh and how funny! I was trying to give you another kid and take them all back a year in age.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #30
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

So excited!

I just booked my cruise activities.

Day 2 - Palo at 6PM. I think this will be perfect for sunset.

Day 3 - We decided to book the Mayan Ruins & Beach Tour; I think my DH was a little disappointed that I said no to the ATV's but I just don't think it was the best for our group this time.

Day 4 - Palo Brunch at 10 AM.

I am planning on getting either a week long Rain Forest pass or most likely two of the couples passes on board depending on how interested the others are. Also, us girls may do manicures not sure and it won't bother me to much if it doesn't work out.

I want this to be leisurely so I am trying not to over plan. Pretty tough on my part.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: