Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #181
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Announcement of names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohana 4 View Post
We had a port arrival time of 11-11:30. Got a call at about 10 from DCL saying if we weren't on our way already, then delay by 2 hrs. We were on our way, so we continued on. Got to the parking lot at 12 and because it was full of Wonder passengers' cars, we had to wait another 45 min. The ship was in port by that time, but the car attendant said it had literally just pulled up. We got through check in and sat for a couple of hours. We boarded at 2:30. Everything was pushed back. We didn't have the safety drill until around 5:15 I think. Sail away party was right after that and we set sail somewhere after six. Our 5:45 dinner seating was rescheduled for 6:30 I believe. Then everything went back to normal the next day.

One thing we did notice though is that they didn't announce the families like they have always done. Is that because we were running late or are they not going to do that anymore? They did it on the Dream in December.

We were on the 2/1 cruise and they did announce names as we walked onto the ship. The staff were probably all busy from the late arrival that staff was needed elsewhere. I sure hope so because I always feel that is the start of our cruise. Sherrt
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #182
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Meet and greet

Have we talked about a meet and greet on boarding day? On other Disney cruises we have met at 3:00 pm on Deck 3 in the Promenade Lounge on boarding day. It gives us a chance to see other Disboarders in person and give out any room changes that may have happened at check-in. Sherry
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #183
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Promenade lounge

If we do a meet and greet it is a great place to see the dolphins in Galveston Bay. We have seen dolphins every time we have been on a Disney Cruise out of Galveston. Sherry
Old 02-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #184
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears

Fe

Hi all -- long time!

I was just checking in to see if an official list had been put together for the FE yet. I didn't see anything outside of what dallas had been compiling on the first page of our thread. I believe it was suggested that our list close a month prior to sailing, and that milestone is swiftly approaching.

I don't mind helping to put the list together if no one else has done it yet.

Afterthought: The thought of getting all my little stash together to give away, I'll admit, is getting a little overwhelming.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #185
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Fe list

Thanks for offering, it would be great if you could do it. I have never done one before but will be glad to help if you need it. Would you like us to start posting our room numbers or would you prefer a pm? I have started getting my Fe ideas together and I will be getting my daughters together as well. My grandsons ate really going to enjoy this. Sherry
Old 02-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #186
TriciaO
Earning My Ears

Smile We've booked the Magic for April 12, 2013

Hello all!! Just joining in on your thread here. My DH and I just booked this cruise with our 2 LO's both 5.5.....they don't know we are going yet.

Would love to join in on your chats and the FE if there is still room.

Cheers,

Tricia
TriciaO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #187
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Welcome

Hi Tricia. Welcome to the board, it's going to be a great cruise? The Fe doesn't close until March 12 so there is plenty of time to join. Is this your first Disney Cruise? My Dh and are traveling with our daughter, son in law, and two of their boys. So excited to show the grandsons how much fun a Disney Cruise is. Sherry
Old 02-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #188
TriciaO
Earning My Ears

It's our first

Yep, it's our first Disney Cruise...and the boy's first time cruising. We are super excited and think it's going to be a great time. Looking forward to meeting some of you and joining in on the FE.
TriciaO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #189
ajjcarlin
Earning My Ears

Anyone traveling with an infant?

Last edited by ajjcarlin; 02-25-2013 at 08:46 PM.
ajjcarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #190
ajjcarlin
Earning My Ears

Wow! Totally just found this thread by accident. Me, DH, DD(1) will be there! So excited can't wait!! It's been way too long.
ajjcarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #191
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Tips-parking in Galveston

The last Disney Cruise we took was in Febr. We parked at Ezparking. They were well organized and we got an email coupon for $5.00 off. I think for our four day cruise it was $36.00. I did make reservations ahead of time. Sherry
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #192
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Another fun tip

I saw this on my first Disney Cruise and have done it ever since. On deck 9 there is an ice cream machine that is open most hours, there are regular cones to use but since we are in Texas and we can drive I pack waffle cones to use at the ice cream machine. Everyone always asks where I got the cones and wished they would have thought of it. The kids feel very special with their waffle cones. Sherry
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #193
MistyBlue2122
Earning My Ears

Ok. How will I know if there is one so that they can get added? Sorry, this is my first time to do anything like this. Any help would be great!
MistyBlue2122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #194
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Fish Extender

I will start taking names for the Fish Extender. I will need names, room numbers, and ages od the kids. Anyone over 17 is considered an adult. Then we can post it. Sherry
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #195
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Fe List

7501. Sherry. Dh (Dave). DGS. Joshua (3)
7001. Kellie. Dh (Rich). DS. Alex (6)
6045. Zabrina. Dh Terry
6043. Landa DD Zavanna(5)
5504. Susie. DH David. DD Daria (12). DS Cash (4)
6120. Gloria. DH Danny. DGD Abby (8). DGD Bailey (8)

I will add to this. Just personal message me your info. The following are on the Fe list from the first page and we can add them as we have their info. Sherry

nancyelew
Dallastxcpa
hnstep
Bellakruz
Courtil
sherif
Kurlystarr
Maymiel
TexasCamp

Last edited by skayrobe; 02-28-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Add

Display Modes Rate This Thread