DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
LisaStockman
Mouseketeer
 
LisaStockman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cornwall UK
Posts: 125

Reservation Questions

Hi,
I want to book a 9 night stay in a 1 bedroom DVC villa in May next year starting May 12th.
Please could someone confirm that I can book the first 7 nights on October 12th but I will have to wait to book the remaining 2 nights until October 19th.
Thanks guys.
Its the first time booking at the 7month window for a 9 night stay and I'm not really sure of the rules.
__________________
Lisa



1997 International Drive
2001 Wyndham Orlando
2002 Anaheim Los Angeles
2004 Disneyland Paris
2004 Port Orleans Riverside
2007 Saratoga Springs
2009 Saratoga Springs 2011 Kidani Village & Old Key West
2013 Boardwalk Villas & Old Key West
LisaStockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 18,355

Your can book the first 7 nights with your first reservation then the next day add a night. Or you can wait and few days and add the extra days.

If you think that you might not get all of your nights, do the everyday booking.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaStockman View Post
Hi,
I want to book a 9 night stay in a 1 bedroom DVC villa in May next year starting May 12th.
Please could someone confirm that I can book the first 7 nights on October 12th but I will have to wait to book the remaining 2 nights until October 19th.
Thanks guys.
Its the first time booking at the 7month window for a 9 night stay and I'm not really sure of the rules.
No, you can book the 8th night on Oct 13 & the 9th night on Oct 14. Or do the last 2 nights on Oct 14.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,878

As long as all the points are the same contract. We had a similar situation where we booked nine nights at BLT but the first seven were with one contract and the last two were with a different contract. So we had to wait seven more days before we could book the last two nights (an entirely different reservation). Then we e-mailed MS to link the two reservations.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
As long as all the points are the same contract. We had a similar situation where we booked nine nights at BLT but the first seven were with one contract and the last two were with a different contract. So we had to wait seven more days before we could book the last two nights (an entirely different reservation). Then we e-mailed MS to link the two reservations.
What one could do in this situation is book the first 2 nights (2 rooms) then call 2 days later and cancelled the first 2 nights on the 7 night option and added the last 2. If you didn't have enough to do all of that, just book 4-5 days depending on specifics of the points available then do the same cancel and add on 2 days later for the other 2-3 day. No need to wait 7 days though.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
LisaStockman
Mouseketeer
 
LisaStockman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cornwall UK
Posts: 125

If I want to book the full 9 nights in one reservation what date can I book on?
I would like to book 9 nights at OKW 1 Bed villa starting Sun 12th May 2012?
Confused as to what day I can make the booking.
Any suggestions would be very well received.
Thank you
__________________
Lisa



1997 International Drive
2001 Wyndham Orlando
2002 Anaheim Los Angeles
2004 Disneyland Paris
2004 Port Orleans Riverside
2007 Saratoga Springs
2009 Saratoga Springs 2011 Kidani Village & Old Key West
2013 Boardwalk Villas & Old Key West
LisaStockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaStockman View Post
If I want to book the full 9 nights in one reservation what date can I book on?
I would like to book 9 nights at OKW 1 Bed villa starting Sun 12th May 2012?
Confused as to what day I can make the booking.
Any suggestions would be very well received.
Thank you
You can book the first 7 nights on October 12 or book the entire 9 nights on October 14.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #8
drusba

DIS Veteran
 
drusba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaStockman View Post
If I want to book the full 9 nights in one reservation what date can I book on?
I would like to book 9 nights at OKW 1 Bed villa starting Sun 12th May 2012?
Confused as to what day I can make the booking.
Any suggestions would be very well received.
Thank you

If you want to just do the whole reservation at once for nine nights starting May 12 and departing May 21 you would reserve on October 14. Be aware that based on what I have been seeing for May you should have no problem getting that 1BR at OKW if you wait until Oct 14 to reserve.
__________________
Everything has to have a beginning and an end ... but it is not necessary to have a purpose in between.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.