Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

My Almost 24 Hours of WDW!!

Sunday October 7 is my last day of park tickets, so I am going to go out with a blast.

MK opens at 8 am, so we will start there. After getting in FL and Splash, we will head out for AK.

We'll repeat a couple of our favorites like Dinosaur, EE and KS then have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.

Next it is up in the air between Epcot and DHS. We have reservations at Sci Fi for 3:30, so the park order may depend on when we get out of AK.

At Epcot we will try to fit in SE, LWTL, Soarin FP, Figment and Captain EO. Then shopping in Canada and Mexico, and hopefully the boat rides in Mexico and Norway.

At DHS we want to do another drawing class, then get in rides on GMR, RR, TOT and ST as many times as we have to so we can see the Coruscant scene again. We have got Hoth and Naboo for about 6 times in a row now. We haven't seen Fantasmic yet, so we may try to be here for the 9:30 showing. I'm just not sure how to work Epcot and DHS, we may do DHS first then ride the boat back from Epcot for Fantasmic. We really don't care if we are squished in some upper corner for Fantasmic, I really dislike standing in that huge scary line for it ahead of time.

Then again, AK is open til 7...so maybe we should rework the day so we can close down the park there since it will be so empty.

Hmm, anyone have any advice for us? The park hours are:

AK 9-7
DHS 9-930 with F! at 8 and 930
Epcot 9-9
MK 8-3 am (with EMH)

Last edited by OhioStateBuckeye; 10-06-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: got Epcot's hours wrong
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
The park hours are:

AK 9-7
DHS 9-930 with F! at 8 and 930
Epcot 9-930
MK 8-3 am (with EMH)
If it were me, ignoring the ressies you have, I would do:

AK
Epcot
DHS
MK

This is just based on park hours. Whatever else you do, make MK last - you can hit up so much stuff during EMH with short lines!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
If it were me, ignoring the ressies you have, I would do:

AK
Epcot
DHS
MK

This is just based on park hours. Whatever else you do, make MK last - you can hit up so much stuff during EMH with short lines!
Oh yes, we will not leave MK til 3 am! I just wanted to hit it in the morning to make sure we can ride Splash, I know it is not open during EMH anymore and we haven't been able to ride it yet this trip, so it's a priority. Plus with MK opening an hour earlier than any other park, it gives us an extra hour. It may sound weird, but I am looking forward to going on COP a few times at 1 am to get some rest in.

Going to Epcot second is a good idea, if the FPes for Soarin run out we may be in trouble.

Also, if anyone is aghast at why I'm planning and plotting on the disboards instead of running around Disney, it is because we had a 2 week trip and we only got to have 10 park days, so this is a rest day. We are headed to DD later, and we may do some resort hopping as well.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Oh, I didn't realize Splash isn't open during EMH anymore. That's too bad In that case I would probably be at MK for rope drop, ride Splash and anything else you want to do that won't be open during EMH, and then head straight for AK.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Good luck! Hope you are able to do everything on your list! GO BUCKS!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: