Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #61
SosaDisneyFamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICan'tWait
We'll be there as well! Myself, DH and our two boys, who will be 13 and 10. We have been on one cruise back in 2009 and the boys have been begging to go on another ever since. I'm so excited it's finally going to happen. Now I just have to decide when to tell the boys.
I have a ds 12 sailing and is looking forward to making new friends..
SosaDisneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #62
SosaDisneyFamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Duchess
So has anyone been busy making their magnets for their cabin doors? I have been getting mine ready so I can print them out It's so exciting. We are making shirts too. Looking forward to having a great time
What is this, im new to cruising, my 6 year would like t o decorate our door, is this what you talking anout
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
esorddor2004
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone, Hope more will be signing up for Fish Extender ..
So far we have three rooms doing it
If you would like to sign up go on meet page under are cruise and click on FE
Old 03-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #64
twinsmom328
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SosaDisneyFamily View Post
Hi I have dd 6 , she is looking forward to meeting new friends..
So is mine! We will be in cabin 5052 and we will be joining the FE, which I heard is alot of fun!

I am also new to the door magnets and such, Can anyone suggest a good place to purchase? I am not sure I will be great at printing them myself...I am not Crafty
Old 03-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #65
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmom328 View Post
So is mine! We will be in cabin 5052 and we will be joining the FE, which I heard is alot of fun!

I am also new to the door magnets and such, Can anyone suggest a good place to purchase? I am not sure I will be great at printing them myself...I am not Crafty
I've never decorated the door myself, but I saw a lot of good door magnets on Etsy.com while I was shopping for an FE.

I think this link will get you there, but if it doesn't just go to Etsy and search "Disney Cruise Magnet": http://www.etsy.com/search?q=disney%...o=US&ref=auto1

Best,
Marise
Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #66
Lady Duchess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SosaDisneyFamily

What is this, im new to cruising, my 6 year would like t o decorate our door, is this what you talking anout
You can make your magnets at home. You find pics or request disigners to make some pics for you. Once you have that you can purchase magnet sheets from staples or other store. The magnet sheets go in your printer like paper and you print your photo on it to make the door magnets. I hope this helps.
MSC Poesia 2010 HAL Ryndam 2010 MSC Poesia 2010
HAL Westerdam 2011 NCL Star 2011
HAL Ryndam 2012 Disney Dream 2012
Royal Caribbean 2012 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2013 Disney Dream 2013
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2014
Lady Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #67
twinsmom328
Earning My Ears

Thank you both!!

Can't WAIT!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #68
Lady Duchess
Mouseketeer

Pics

You also can get transfer sheets that you can print on, the transfer sheets will allow you to transfer the pic on to a t-shirt if you wanted to make some special shirts
MSC Poesia 2010 HAL Ryndam 2010 MSC Poesia 2010
HAL Westerdam 2011 NCL Star 2011
HAL Ryndam 2012 Disney Dream 2012
Royal Caribbean 2012 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2013 Disney Dream 2013
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2014
Lady Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #69
SosaDisneyFamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmom328

That sounds like fun, how does it work, we have no idea about cruising. We have gone to dw 5 times but no dcl or anyother type.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #70
SosaDisneyFamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmom328

That sounds like fun, how does it work, we have no idea about cruising. We have gone to dw 5 times but no dcl or anyother type.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #71
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SosaDisneyFamily View Post
I was just as confused about all this on my first cruise.
I'm not sure if you're asking about FE or door magnets, but you should see both in the pictures here: http://suchthespot.com/2011/01/disne...fish-extender/

Door Magnets: Stateroom doors are magnetic so people will print custom magnets on magnetic paper and/or purchase magnets online to decorate their stateroom door. Etsy.com has some good Disney cruise magnets specifically for the stateroom door (see link in my previous post).

Fish Extender: Set of pockets hung off the fish next to each stateroom door to extend it (hence the name). Some people make their own FE and others buy them (again Etsy.com is a good place to find them). Everyone who signs up to participate brings gifts for the other staterooms (handmade or purchased) and receives gifts in their FEs in return.
This groups FE thread with more information is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072189

Hope this helps!
~Marise
Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #72
SosaDisneyFamily
Earning My Ears

Thanks, yes I was ask sbout the FE. Any idea of what the gifts could be and were can we sign up. I think my kids would love doing this. Thank you, you guys are very helpful..

Maria
Old 03-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #73
SosaDisneyFamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SosaDisneyFamily
Thanks, yes I was ask sbout the FE. Any idea of what the gifts could be and were can we sign up. I think my kids would love doing this. Thank you, you guys are very helpful..

Maria
Ok I went into the FE link..
Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #74
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

I was smiling reading all the posts about the magnets and decorating. We love decorating our doors with the magnets and it helps to find the cabin easier too. Since this cruise will be a girls trip for me, one of my BFF's is so excited about the magnets since she has seen my families trip pictures and can't wait to to do it. It's the little things, you know!

I'm so stinkin' anxious to see what cabin we get and those that are waiting I'm sure you are too!

We cruise to Alaska in two months (which is coming up fast!) and I need to get my self in gear and get ready for that. Since I've sailed out of Port Canaveral 3 times now I feel prepared for our Sept cruise, but the Alaska trip is a whole new ball game. We are very excited but it's a different type of adventure.

Have a great weekend,
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #75
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
I was smiling reading all the posts about the magnets and decorating. We love decorating our doors with the magnets and it helps to find the cabin easier too. Since this cruise will be a girls trip for me, one of my BFF's is so excited about the magnets since she has seen my families trip pictures and can't wait to to do it. It's the little things, you know!

I'm so stinkin' anxious to see what cabin we get and those that are waiting I'm sure you are too!

We cruise to Alaska in two months (which is coming up fast!) and I need to get my self in gear and get ready for that. Since I've sailed out of Port Canaveral 3 times now I feel prepared for our Sept cruise, but the Alaska trip is a whole new ball game. We are very excited but it's a different type of adventure.

Have a great weekend,
Heather
Which Alaska cruise are you on??? I'm on the one sailing May 27th

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: