Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #316
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple

Well, I think one thing to keep in mind is that Chefs de France is located in a park (epcot) where it would be unnatural to expect people to dress up given they'll be going on rides and wearing those clothes all day. I think if Chef de France were located at one of the resorts, it would probably be a dressier affair (or at least I think it should be based on the decor).

The fact is that what other people wear does affect the ambiance, just like what the room looks like affects the ambiance. Imagine if Cinderalla had gone to the ball to find Prince charming and all his guests in shorts and flip flops! Lol. Not quite as romantic an affair I would venture to say.

With that said, I do think there is some potential that this rule change might (*might*) be a good thing. Perhaps, Disney has changed the rules so that it's easier for them to enforce the rules. If that's the case and if they actually enforce the rules after this rule change, than I think I can handle a few shorts on casual nights . They might also use this change to actually enforce no shorts on semi-formal and formal nights. I would very much approve if it worked out that way. I know, this is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'm allowed to hope for the best. I guess we'll all see how this works out soon enough.

PS: How did everyone learn about this rule change? I checked DCL's FAQ's yesterday and they still list the old dress code. Anyone know if this is a for sure thing or is it just something they're talking about?
Very true. That might not be a bad idea, to enforce no shorts on semi-formal and formal nights. I know on the 3 day cruise they don't have formal nights but don't they have a semi-formal night? Regardless, I'm planning to wear either a dress or a skirt with a nice top for the dinners.

From what I've heard it's a definite change, it's just that DCL has not updated their website but if you call DCL and inquire about it they will tell you that shorts in the MDR are now allowed. I wonder if the change is due to so many people showing up in shorts?

So here's something I was just thinking of. If you eat breakfast in the MDR, does the same dress code still apply?

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #317
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998
 
DVC4US's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
Well, I think one thing to keep in mind is that Chefs de France is located in a park (epcot) where it would be unnatural to expect people to dress up given they'll be going on rides and wearing those clothes all day. I think if Chef de France were located at one of the resorts, it would probably be a dressier affair (or at least I think it should be based on the decor).

The fact is that what other people wear does affect the ambiance, just like what the room looks like affects the ambiance. Imagine if Cinderalla had gone to the ball to find Prince charming and all his guests in shorts and flip flops! Lol. Not quite as romantic an affair I would venture to say.

With that said, I do think there is some potential that this rule change might (*might*) be a good thing. Perhaps, Disney has changed the rules so that it's easier for them to enforce the rules. If that's the case and if they actually enforce the rules after this rule change, than I think I can handle a few shorts on casual nights . They might also use this change to actually enforce no shorts on semi-formal and formal nights. I would very much approve if it worked out that way. I know, this is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I'm allowed to hope for the best. I guess we'll all see how this works out soon enough.

PS: How did everyone learn about this rule change? I checked DCL's FAQ's yesterday and they still list the old dress code. Anyone know if this is a for sure thing or is it just something they're talking about?
I totally agree that it changes the whole ambiance of the dinning room. It would be a good change if they use this to enforce some rules in the MDRs. People already wear jeans on semi-formal and formal night so it is really going to dumb down the evenings if they allow shorts on those nights. Just might have to start making reservations at Palo and/or Remy for those nights if I'm going to dress up but they are going to allow shorts in the MDRs. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens once this goes into affect.

I've see it several places on the internet including some reliable sources. I got an email from DCL but I think that was about the no smoking on the verandahs after Nov 15th. Let me see if I find where I read it.

Here is a link to where I read it on the DIS Boards:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/disney-c...wdwinfo.com%29
__________________
LeiLani




Last edited by DVC4US; 08-14-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: To add a link
DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #318
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998
 
DVC4US's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Very true. That might not be a bad idea, to enforce no shorts on semi-formal and formal nights. I know on the 3 day cruise they don't have formal nights but don't they have a semi-formal night? Regardless, I'm planning to wear either a dress or a skirt with a nice top for the dinners.

From what I've heard it's a definite change, it's just that DCL has not updated their website but if you call DCL and inquire about it they will tell you that shorts in the MDR are now allowed. I wonder if the change is due to so many people showing up in shorts?

So here's something I was just thinking of. If you eat breakfast in the MDR, does the same dress code still apply?

Sent from my Galaxy SII
The 3 and 4 night cruises do not have semi-formal or formal nights. Not sure about the 3 night but the only thing the 4-night has is "dress-up" night.

No dress code for the MDRs for breakfast.
__________________
LeiLani



DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #319
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran
 
IBelieveInTheMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,247

Strangely I have not received the email from DCL yet and it doesn't appear I will. I have three cruised booked now and two are after 11/15.

I'm grateful for the change but it would be nice to get the official notification too - lol

Heather

Ps. Marise - did you get the email?

Oops! I got mixed up and thought you guys were talking about the smoking change 11/15. Sorry!! I was online earlier and it still has no shorts allowed so I wonder when they will update that? I rarely wear shorts so this doesn't impact me but it will be nice to allow my DS to wear nice khaki shorts and a dress shirt a few times.
__________________
(Me), (DH), (DS)
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)

Last edited by IBelieveInTheMagic; 08-14-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Oops
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #320
chiburple
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 347

No, I didn't get any emails about these changes either. Perhaps they don't intend to inform their guests unless asked?

Thanks for linking the disboards announcement! It's good to actually read an officialish release rather than just depend on rumor.

On the four night there's an 'optional dress up' night but no formal nights.


Edit: I just received the email about the smoking policy change today.
__________________

Last edited by chiburple; 08-15-2013 at 08:09 AM.
chiburple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #321
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran
 
IBelieveInTheMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
No, I didn't get any emails about these changes either. Perhaps they don't intend to inform their guests unless asked?

Thanks for linking the disboards announcement! It's good to actually read an officialish release rather than just depend on rumor.

On the four night there's an 'optional dress up' night but no formal nights.


Edit: I just received the email about the smoking policy change today.
Yep, I finally got the smoking change email last night at 10:00pm.

Heather
__________________
(Me), (DH), (DS)
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #322
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Just a week from today.....yay!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #323
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998
 
DVC4US's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Just a week from today.....yay!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
YAY!!!!!
__________________
LeiLani



DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #324
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by SosaDisneyFamily

We moving it to 3pm before the safety drill so we could have more time.

Place:vista cafe
Date: sail away 9/1
Time: 3pm
We'll try to be there. Our boarding time is 2:30-3, what's your's?

Sitting at the airport now and our flight is on time due at MCO at 11:43 am!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.