Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #211
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Here's to hoping the ones waiting on our cabin assignments get them in the next two weeks. It seems day 50-55 seems to be the magical area when the GTY cabins are assigned.

Who is checking daily? ME!!!

It helps me to get over the "I'm really missing my servers from the Wonder and our awesome cruise to Alaska we got off recently".

Everyone keep us updated when you get your cabin assignments

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #212
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Here's to hoping the ones waiting on our cabin assignments get them in the next two weeks. It seems day 50-55 seems to be the magical area when the GTY cabins are assigned.

Who is checking daily? ME!!!

It helps me to get over the "I'm really missing my servers from the Wonder and our awesome cruise to Alaska we got off recently".

Everyone keep us updated when you get your cabin assignments

Heather
So how did it go??? Alaska I mean. I'd love to hear about it
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #213
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaN4fun View Post
Oh, ok. But if you don't get the room/location you want, can you still upgrade after boarding?
I think the answer is yes if there's an upgrade available, but it would be a significant jump in price since GTY cabins are often cheaper.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #214
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
So how did it go??? Alaska I mean. I'd love to hear about it
Hi Marise!

We had an amazing time and Alaska is everything people say it is. It was truly our best vacation and cruise ever and we had such a great time. We were blessed with perfect weather (not a drop of rain in 9 days) and beautiful sights. The Captain took us on a different route coming home to Vancouver and that was a special treat and highlight for us. We were inside, the inside passage and it was just so beautiful and calm and nice to keep the verandah door open and not worry about air conditioning, hot/cold etc. So nice!

Again, thanks for your tidbits after you disembarked and your experience. We decided not to walk off with our luggage and do express walk-off but instead made sure we had the first group and Ariel tags. We were off the ship somewhere near 8:30am and at the airport around 9:15am so plenty of time for our 12:10pm flight home.

I know now why so many people go back to Alaska - so many things to see and do. We will do it again one day just not sure when. Do you plan to return?

Now I have my girls cruise to look forward to and I'm excited to show my friends the beautiful Dream and one has never cruised and the other has only sailed Carnival. They are both very excited!

Take care,
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
Old 06-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #215
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Marise!

We had an amazing time and Alaska is everything people say it is. It was truly our best vacation and cruise ever and we had such a great time. We were blessed with perfect weather (not a drop of rain in 9 days) and beautiful sights. The Captain took us on a different route coming home to Vancouver and that was a special treat and highlight for us. We were inside, the inside passage and it was just so beautiful and calm and nice to keep the verandah door open and not worry about air conditioning, hot/cold etc. So nice!

Again, thanks for your tidbits after you disembarked and your experience. We decided not to walk off with our luggage and do express walk-off but instead made sure we had the first group and Ariel tags. We were off the ship somewhere near 8:30am and at the airport around 9:15am so plenty of time for our 12:10pm flight home.

I know now why so many people go back to Alaska - so many things to see and do. We will do it again one day just not sure when. Do you plan to return?

Now I have my girls cruise to look forward to and I'm excited to show my friends the beautiful Dream and one has never cruised and the other has only sailed Carnival. They are both very excited!

Take care,
Heather
I can't believe you didn't have a single drop of rain! That must have been amazing. The only thing I could have wished for on our trip was slightly better weather.

I'm not sure if we'll go again or not. I'd like to - it really was so wonderful; but there's no conversation about it in the works at the moment. I'm kind of tempted to do a Caribbean cruise for our next 7 day, but don't know if or when that would happen... However, having this cruise to look forward to really helps with the withdrawal symptoms! Lol. It will be my Mom's first time on a Disney ship too; she's also going on a Caravel cruise beforehand so that just makes me extra excited to show her the Disney side of things. I'm not even on the ship yet and I'm already having evil thoughts about ship sabotage at Castaway - get us stranded there a couple extra days .
Old 07-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #216
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

I just bought rainforest passes for hubby and I! Sept is taking forever to get here...lol
LenaN4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #217
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
I can't believe you didn't have a single drop of rain! That must have been amazing. The only thing I could have wished for on our trip was slightly better weather.

I'm not sure if we'll go again or not. I'd like to - it really was so wonderful; but there's no conversation about it in the works at the moment. I'm kind of tempted to do a Caribbean cruise for our next 7 day, but don't know if or when that would happen... However, having this cruise to look forward to really helps with the withdrawal symptoms! Lol. It will be my Mom's first time on a Disney ship too; she's also going on a Caravel cruise beforehand so that just makes me extra excited to show her the Disney side of things. I'm not even on the ship yet and I'm already having evil thoughts about ship sabotage at Castaway - get us stranded there a couple extra days .
You are funny Marise!! Some of us do have to work the Friday after we return so as long as you can incorporate an "excuse with the boss" as part of your master plan, it's all good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaN4fun View Post
I just bought rainforest passes for hubby and I! Sept is taking forever to get here...lol
That sounds like fun! One of friends would love doing this so I mentioned it to her and I think it's a great deal to buy ahead of time.

Ok guys - I think Monday or Tuesday will be the day we find out our GTY cabin assignments. I see some of the cruisers on the 8/29 sailing got theirs yesterday so we should be next!! Here is wishing all of us some pixie dust!!

Heather
Old 07-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #218
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are funny Marise!! Some of us do have to work the Friday after we return so as long as you can incorporate an "excuse with the boss" as part of your master plan, it's all good!
Yeah, I have work that Friday too. Are you sure your boss wouldn't take 'My cruise ship broke down and I was stranded on an island'?

Quote:
Ok guys - I think Monday or Tuesday will be the day we find out our GTY cabin assignments. I see some of the cruisers on the 8/29 sailing got theirs yesterday so we should be next!! Here is wishing all of us some pixie dust!!

Heather
Oh wonderful!!
But then what will I check for every single day like a crazed mad-woman? Hmmm... acting normal in the months prior to a Disney cruise - not sure I like the idea...
Old 07-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #219
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

No cabin assignment this morning, but then again, if nobody worked yesterday, I wouldn't expect then. I'm hoping for tomorrow! And then later this week for AP discounts at WDW!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #220
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
No cabin assignment this morning, but then again, if nobody worked yesterday, I wouldn't expect then. I'm hoping for tomorrow! And then later this week for AP discounts at WDW!
Lol I got excited when I saw your post!!!

Yep, I'm already checking like a nut! I know they do assign on Mondays and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to the time. One of ours was after dinner and I know several have mentioned after lunch.

Come on GTY fairies ~ let's get this show on the road!!

Heather
Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #221
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lol I got excited when I saw your post!!!

Yep, I'm already checking like a nut! I know they do assign on Mondays and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to the time. One of ours was after dinner and I know several have mentioned after lunch.

Come on GTY fairies ~ let's get this show on the road!!

Heather
Oh ok! I wasn't sure about Monday, just an assumption. Well come on now! Get your butts to work! haha

Great, now I'm going to be checking ALL DAY, my boss will love this

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #222
cwnhokie
DIS Veteran

Hi there. We will be joining you on this cruise. It will be me, DH, DS 12, DS 10, and DS 6. This will be our first Disney cruise. It is a surprise for the boys. They know we are going to Disney but don't know we are going on a Disney cruise. We talked about it but told them we decided it was too expensive. Now I need to go through and read all these pages.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #223
MontyMinnie
Earning My Ears

Checked our GTY this morning, still nothing! I cant wait to see where we will be put

Oh the places I’ve stayed!
BC – BWI – AKL – WL – CSR – POFQ – CBR – POP – ASMu - ASSp

Oh the places I want to go!
POR – AAS – POLY – CR Tower – OKW

Next Trip in the Works!
BWV – 5 Day September Romantic Getaway
MontyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #224
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwnhokie View Post
Hi there. We will be joining you on this cruise. It will be me, DH, DS 12, DS 10, and DS 6. This will be our first Disney cruise. It is a surprise for the boys. They know we are going to Disney but don't know we are going on a Disney cruise. We talked about it but told them we decided it was too expensive. Now I need to go through and read all these pages.
Welcome! How are you going to tell them or are you just driving straight to the port and surprising that way. Let us know if you want to join our FE group? It's a blast.
LenaN4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #225
ICan'tWait
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwnhokie View Post
Welcome!!
ICan'tWait is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: