Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #181
hopelea
I love everything DISNEY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaN4fun View Post
I just booked this cruise. We are DVC members and this is our 4th Disney Cruise. It is me, hubby, two sons (4 & 14). I am also bringing my niece along who is 16 and has never experienced a Disney Cruise.
I would love to participate in the FE if someone is already keeping a list. Please let me know.. Thanks, Lena
We will also be on this cruise with our 17 yr old dd!! We haven't told our 19yr old that we are going!! She can't go! She is in college. We are staying at POP after the cruise & flying her down for Night of Joy concert!! At be that will get us out of the doghouse!! This is our 5th DC. We just got off a carnival cruise!! Nothing compares to Disney!!!!!
2009 Disney Magic March 14 - 21
2011 Wonderful Cruise March 13 - 20
2013 Dream Sept 1 - 5
2013 POP, August 31, Sept 5-8 (NoJ)
2014 POP July 6-10 dd's 18th bday!!
2014 POP Nov 14 - 17.
hopelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #182
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

This is a long thread already so without going through 13 pages (lol), is there a meet and greet planned?
LenaN4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #183
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Hi All!!

Just checking in before we head out tomorrow for college visits, WDW, and DD's wedding at Disney!! Car is all packed and we will leave bright and early tomorrow morning!

We will be in North Carolina, & South Carolina for the next week and reach WDW on Friday. DD's wedding is a week from Friday. I will try to catch up with the thread and be more active after we get back.

DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #184
Lady Duchess
Mouseketeer

2nd fe group

If there is any late comers booking that want to join the FE, a second group was started I wanted to help since I know so many people enjoy being part of the FE. Here is the link for anyone that is new or books later. Not sure if they allow the second thread but I thought I would try it and see.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post48632958
MSC Poesia 2010 HAL Ryndam 2010 MSC Poesia 2010
HAL Westerdam 2011 NCL Star 2011
HAL Ryndam 2012 Disney Dream 2012
Royal Caribbean 2012 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2013 Disney Dream 2013
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2014
Lady Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #185
chiburple
Mouseketeer

I came across a recent Bahamas TR if anyone's interested: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112621

Best,
Marise
Old 06-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #186
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Duchess View Post
If there is any late comers booking that want to join the FE, a second group was started I wanted to help since I know so many people enjoy being part of the FE. Here is the link for anyone that is new or books later. Not sure if they allow the second thread but I thought I would try it and see.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post48632958
I emailed you. Thanks so much. I know there will be more people due to fl resident rates being released soon.
Anyone who is participating in this FE exchange, can you please add each persons fav Disney character or movie to your email to Lady Duchess? Thanks, Lena
Old 06-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #187
Lady Duchess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I emailed you. Thanks so much. I know there will be more people due to fl resident rates being released soon.
Anyone who is participating in this FE exchange, can you please add each persons fav Disney character or movie to your email to Lady Duchess? Thanks, Lena
You're very welcome. I was in those same shoes last year. I unexpectedly booked my cruise 8/15/2012 and we sailed 9/9/2012. I had no idea at that time what an FE even was. I sailed last minute to enjoy a cruise with my niece. My brother was told at that time he had to relocate with his job to Vegas and he has been there ever since. Miss them. So that was one of my chances to spend with them. The FE group for the 9/9 cruise graciously accepted me and took 2 others about a week or two prior knowing not to expect gifts from all. Many in the group made extra gifts and was glad to have me share in the fun. I wanted to return the same favor with a little more pixie dust
MSC Poesia 2010 HAL Ryndam 2010 MSC Poesia 2010
HAL Westerdam 2011 NCL Star 2011
HAL Ryndam 2012 Disney Dream 2012
Royal Caribbean 2012 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2013 Disney Dream 2013
HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 2014
Lady Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #188
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Duchess View Post

You're very welcome. I was in those same shoes last year. I unexpectedly booked my cruise 8/15/2012 and we sailed 9/9/2012. I had no idea at that time what an FE even was. I sailed last minute to enjoy a cruise with my niece. My brother was told at that time he had to relocate with his job to Vegas and he has been there ever since. Miss them. So that was one of my chances to spend with them. The FE group for the 9/9 cruise graciously accepted me and took 2 others about a week or two prior knowing not to expect gifts from all. Many in the group made extra gifts and was glad to have me share in the fun. I wanted to return the same favor with a little more pixie dust
We ended up with 2 suitcases full of gifts not to mention, 17 magnets total from our last trip! I couldn't believe the work & creativity of the gifts.
Can't wait!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #189
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Is anyone doing Palo on this trip? This would be my first DCL experience, and I want to try Palo but I'm thinking it might be too short of a trip.

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #190
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Is anyone doing Palo on this trip? This would be my first DCL experience, and I want to try Palo but I'm thinking it might be too short of a trip.
I actually just asked my DH if he wanted to try remy or palo since we never have before. We have always done the 3 night cruises and naturally never wanted to miss one of the themed restaurants in rotation. Now we have a free night on the 4 day cruise. Hmmmmm
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #191
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786
My DH and I were thinking of doing Palo for dinner on 9/4, which is also our anniversary. I've been thinking about it the past couple of days and the conclusion I have come to, for now, is it's our 1st DCL experience so I would rather not book anything and try out all the rotational dining options, also I figured we could spend that $40 elsewhere.
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #192
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post

We're doing a brunch and dinner. I struggled with the decision to do the dinner since this would be my second time to miss enchanted garden now, but the chocolate souffle put me over the edge. Maybe afterwards we'll do a walk by enchanted garden just to take a look
Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #193
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I just booked this cruise last week and it's a surprise for my hubby for his 40th birthday (August 31st)!! I wanted to join the Facebook group but he is on my FB a lot and I don't want him finding out about this trip!! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and our 1st without our girls (shhh--don't tell them either--lol)! We've cruised on the Fantasy twice and I've toured the Dream but this will be our first time cruising the Dream--sooo excited! We haven't taken a trip in a very LONG time without our girls! We're actually going to spend 2 nights before the cruise at the Contemporary and enjoy the parks. I booked the Keys of the Kingdom tour on 8/31 and a birthday dinner at Le Cellier for that evening!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #194
LenaN4fun
WDW Alumni/DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I just booked this cruise last week and it's a surprise for my hubby for his 40th birthday (August 31st)!! I wanted to join the Facebook group but he is on my FB a lot and I don't want him finding out about this trip!! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and our 1st without our girls (shhh--don't tell them either--lol)! We've cruised on the Fantasy twice and I've toured the Dream but this will be our first time cruising the Dream--sooo excited! We haven't taken a trip in a very LONG time without our girls! We're actually going to spend 2 nights before the cruise at the Contemporary and enjoy the parks. I booked the Keys of the Kingdom tour on 8/31 and a birthday dinner at Le Cellier for that evening!
How exciting. When and how are you going to inform him of the surprise?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #195
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How exciting. When and how are you going to inform him of the surprise?
I'm still trying to figure all of that out! I'm open for suggestions! He knows he's going somewhere and he knows the dates--but that is all. He travels a lot internationally for work so I had to be sure that he would be available to go and that he wouldn't plan a work trip during that time.
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: