Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
kopppa33
Mouseketeer

Take a look--what do you think?

Is there anything on my below food choices that you would say to me "you may want to consider" or "you may want to change for this instead" or any input you can give. First time Disney for our children girls 4 and 6 and then Hubby and I have not been in 20 plus years Thanks for taking time and giving all or any input! I believe since we are there for 8 nights 9 days that this is what would look best for us?

1. Ohana (Dinner)
2. Ashkers-(lunch)
3. 1900 Park faire (Dinner)
4. Sanaa- Epcot (indian) (Lunch)
5. Via Napoli (Dinner)
6. 50’s primetime (Lunch)
7. Tuskar House (breakfast)
8. Cinderella’s Royal Table (lunch) after Bippity Boopity Boop
9. Chef Mickey (Breakfast)
kopppa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Bitsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopppa33
Is there anything on my below food choices that you would say to me "you may want to consider" or "you may want to change for this instead" or any input you can give. First time Disney for our children girls 4 and 6 and then Hubby and I have not been in 20 plus years Thanks for taking time and giving all or any input! I believe since we are there for 8 nights 9 days that this is what would look best for us?

1. Ohana (Dinner)
2. Ashkers-(lunch)
5. Via Napoli (Dinner)
I am here now so I will give input on the ones I have eaten at most recently.
1. O'hana is one that everyone loves! I could take it or leave it but I am certainly the minority!
3. 1900 park fare- Loved this!!!!! A Favorite this trip!!!!
6. 50's Primetime- ate there today. The food was good. Our server wasn't into it and was SLOW, but I would go again, because it was neat!!
7. Tuskar House- if I were going to skip something it would be this. It isn't and has never been a favorite of our family. Despite both of my boys loving Donald Duck!
9. Chef Mickeys breakfast- the food is the same as a Breakfast Buffett anywhere. But the fab five are there and neat, so I like it!

If you decide to skip tuskar house, I recommend Garden Grill at Epcot. Also a character meal. Always a favorite of our family! But, just like any other place, some people don't like it. It is dinner and not breakfast though
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Sanaa is not in Epcot.

I agree that Garden Grill is great.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopppa33 View Post

1. Ohana (Dinner)
2. Ashkers-(lunch)
5. Via Napoli (Dinner)
Love Ohana!
Never been to Ashkers but I have heard its good.
1900 Park Fare is fun for dinner, but the food is just OK. We still go from time to time.
Sanaa, not for us.
via Napoli is on my list for our trip.
CRT would be a skip for us but in your case after BBB it would be fun.
Chef Mickeys is my DHs favorite.

If you need one more, Kona Cafe is one of our favorites, and we also love 50s Prime Time Cafe. Both are must dos for us!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
loricdietzel
Mouseketeer

You may want to think about 50s Prime Time Cafe. While it is neat, you need to assess if your kids will think it is funny or if they won't see the humor in the waitress correcting everyone and acting like "mom." (At least for the younger child.) Although it is in fun, younger kids may not get it or understand the type of humor.
loricdietzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #6
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopppa33 View Post

1. Ohana (Dinner)
2. Ashkers-(lunch)
5. Via Napoli (Dinner)
Ohana is a good choice, one of our faves.
Its been yrs since we have been to Akershous, cant really comment, but remember it being OK.
1900, went once, could skip this with no problem. Character interaction was good, nothing memorable in the food dept.
Sanaa, never been. Boma at same resort is very good. Via Napoli pizza is wonderful, other dishes, just so so.
50s is another family fave, a must do every trip.
Tusker House, never been to breakfast, but friends love it.
Cindys, had breakfast there a couple times many moons ago, it was good, kids liked character interaction.
CMs is good too, good character interaction.
Bottom line IMO, 1900 I would consider changing unless you really need those characters in your trip.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Frankly, this would be way too many buffets and "all you care to eat" places for me. That said, for first-timers and people who haven't been in 20 years, I think your choices are fine. If you go to WDW 10 times in the next 10 years, I would predict that few of these places would be your favorites. But for first-timers, I think you will get a real good feel for WDW with these choices. My only swap out would be Crystal Palace instead of 1900 Park Fare. I think the food and atmosphere are better at CP. But if you are picking 1900 PF because of the specific characters, then maybe CP is not for you.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
crazycatlady
DIS Veteran

Via Napoli is wonderful! We really enjoy Tusker House for breakfast.

August, 2014- Royal Pacific Resort
November, 2013- Wilderness Lodge
October, 2012- POP Century
October, 2011- POP Century
October, 2010- POP Century
October, 2009- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
October, 2003- Off-site Marriott Grande Vista
February, 2001-Off-site Marriott Royal Palms
October, 1999- Off-site Marriott Cypress Harbour
crazycatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopppa33

1. Ohana (Dinner)
2. Ashkers-(lunch)
5. Via Napoli (Dinner)
you will get a lot of different answers on here. here are my suggestions,

don't cancel tusker breakfast. they have the best quality and variety of food. I've also done their lunch and didn't care for it. breakfast is way better! characters are great too!

while i absolutely love the characters at 1900, step sisters were hilarious, the food at dinner was disappointing. quality and variety was bad. i didn't even like their dessert selection. we won't be back.

ohana is just meh. wings were slimy. noodles were dry. so were the potstickers. meat quality not great. its good to try once thou. dessert was to die for btw.

id cancel either ohana or 1900 for a non-buffet restaurant. Maybe GF Cafe, or Kona?

you picked a lot of great restaurants. just remember that no matter what the reviews are, its good to try the place for yourself. look at the menu and decide for yourself that way.

btw via napoli is my fave place out of all the restaurants you picked. SO GOOD!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto

ohana is just meh. wings were slimy. noodles were dry. so were the potstickers. meat quality not great. its good to try once thou. dessert was to die for btw.
Haha I always see you hating on my favorite restaurant. I always think "man, this girl really hates ohana!"

In all seriousness though, it just shows how different people's opinions of things are. I for one LOVE Ohana. Never a bad experience.

Half the fun of the dining in Disney is the experimenting. Find a menu that appeals to you and go for it!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #11
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean

Haha I always see you hating on my favorite restaurant. I always think "man, this girl really hates ohana!"

In all seriousness though, it just shows how different people's opinions of things are. I for one LOVE Ohana. Never a bad experience.

Half the fun of the dining in Disney is the experimenting. Find a menu that appeals to you and go for it!
LOL. sorry about that. lol. i guess i go into these places with high expectations cause of all the hype, then when it sucks im so disappointed.

but your right, everyone has different tastes and opinions. its nice to try everything at least once thou.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: