Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Sears Ripped Me Off

Well, I feel like a total fool.

You might remember me posting about getting a Nintendo 3DS for my daughter, and how I had found a deal where you could get one for $169.99 plus a $30 gift card if you ordered it from Sears. Well, I went for it.

Stupid me.

It said the gift card would come in another few weeks. Something told me to take a screen shot of the offer, but I didn't, because I was in a rush. So I just emailed them to find out where the card was and, their response: "We have no record of such an offer. Please provide a screenshot and we can assist you further."

Wah.

I do not have a screenshot. And the promo ended at the end of September so it's no longer up on the website.

I guess I'll be returning it, then, and buying it elsewhere. And also never shopping there again. I just thought a big, national company would honor the things they put on their website. Shame on me.

And just a reminder to you... take screenshots
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Good advice. I just ordered something today online and took a screenshot of what it is supposed to come with, just in case.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

I had that happen with beat buy. I now take screen shots but haven't quit shipping there. I figure people lie to the companies and the companies make mistakes.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

The offer is discussed here:

http://www.fatwallet.net/forums/expired-deals/1221187/
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Wow! That is so wrong of them not to honor their sale! It isn't like they wouldn't know they ran it!

I was trying to buy at dishwasher online once (from Sears) and the online price showed one thing on the screen but kept going into my cart for more $. I had to call and they "this one time" fixed the price! WHAT!! I was quite annoyed! It was currently still on their page at the lower price! I do love sears for their appliances still.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
jessica52877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

Google's caching may be your friend. I couldn't find the page for the DS specifically (and I'm out of time to keep looking, but I did find the page from the playstation deal which also references the deal you signed up for:

Page here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Maybe you can send them that and get your card. Good luck. ETA, if for some reason the page isn't there when you look, I grabbed a shot of it and you can PM me for it. I'll keep it for a couple of days.
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

OP
I would print out what was posted here about their sale.
Id go to sears with the promo
and
the item you bought intending to get the promo.
Id ask for a mgr and ask him/her WHY you were told that they are not honoring their own sale.
If I got nowhere, Id get his/her name, return the item, and write a Strong letter of dissatisfaction to them and Id also include a cc to consumer affairs (even if you do not send it to them)
Bet ya hear something...
Personally I think that they should honor it...believe me they know their sales....
good luck.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
jgreco
Mouseketeer

I had an online store change their return policy after I asked to return something.

Sorry for them that I had already printed the return policy page with their RMA address/phone number information. Told them I would be more than happy to include it with my dispute to AMEX.

I also was ordering over $12k of flooring from a store. I called first to verify it was indeed in stock (which it was). When I went to checkout finally, the price had increased almost $3000. I called them back and they said yeah, when you called we noticed the price was wrong so we changed it. They wouldn't honor it either. They were the only carrier of this floor so I had no other option and needed it to match the rooms that were already done . If I had just not called first....
Any chance I get, I will tell people not to use them. I'd like to think that cost them the extra $3k.
jgreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #9
cyndik1111
DIS Veteran

at the risk of sounding computer illiterate, how does one take a screen shot?
cyndik1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
jgreco
Mouseketeer

On a PC, there is usually a way to do "Print Screen" and then you paste the image onto a word doc or print it out on paper (been awhile since I've been on a PC).

On a MAC, you have to use the "grab" program.
jgreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
mymeme
Mouseketeer

On iPhone just push home button and power button at same time quickly. Puts screen shot in your photos.hth
mymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
CathrynRose
R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P.
Back away from the cheesecake, lady!!!
I had ponytails so tight, I couldn’t move my head
I can't stop sniffing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndik1111 View Post
at the risk of sounding computer illiterate, how does one take a screen shot?
If you're on Windows7, you can use the Snipping Tool in your start menu.

Otherwise, just hit PRINT SCRN, probably above number pad on your keyboard. Then open up Word, or an email, and *paste* into body of either.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #13
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

On your Mac, for a simple screen shot from your keyboard without opening Grab, Press Shift-Command-3. For a custom-size screen shot, Press Shift-Command-4, then click and hold your mouse while pulling diagonally across the screen to select the desired picture area. Let go of the mouse and the camera will shoot.

You can quick-crop your screen shot by double-clicking on the screen shot file, which will open Preview. Click and hold your mouse, then select the area you want to keep. You can pull on any of the eight points of the marquee to expand or contract the shape of the selected area. Click outside the marquee to cancel the selection. When you've determined the area you want to keep, select Command-K to crop everything outside the marquee. Save (or Save as) and Close.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
Ephany
DIS Veteran

A few years ago, my DH got an email from Sears about a tv promotion. I don't remember what it was exactly, but it was good enough he hauled me to the closest store an hour away at 10am opening on a Sunday. He had printed out the email, and the department manager pretty much called him a liar. It was a big mess and only when other customers started showing up for the same promotion, they had to back track pretty quick. They only had 2 or 3 of those tvs in stock and by darnnit, DH made sure that one of them went home with us. Between that and another experience when they canceled my card (although they still send me requests to sign up every month), we haven't shopped there in a long, long time. It's their loss, it had been our go-to store when we first got together.
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
And according to that post, the cards will be sent out by October 25. That part of the offer is likely being processed by a fulfillment company contracted by Sears and can't be stopped. If the OP does return the DS and subsequently gets the gift card, ideally she'll return that unused as well.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: