Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
disneynay
Mouseketeer

Is le cellier still worth it?

I'm here now in the world & am debating about canceling our Tuesday Le cellier lunch. Had dinner at Ohana last nite that was rushed & too much food. And Ohana was our fav restaurant! I just don't want to be disappointed. Anyone eat at Le cellier lately & have any feedback?

disneynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynay View Post
I'm here now in the world & am debating about canceling our Tuesday Le cellier lunch. Had dinner at Ohana last nite that was rushed & too much food. And Ohana was our fav restaurant! I just don't want to be disappointed. Anyone eat at Le cellier lately & have any feedback?
You're going to get answers the span the entire gamut from "I loved Le Cellier and go every time I'm at WDW" to "I hate it and never go there".

It really all depends on what you expect and what you feel like eating. Some questions:
1. Are you using the DDP?
2. Have you been there before? (And related to that, did you like it then?)
3. What do feel like eating?

I really like LC and enjoy eating there. Depending on what you order it can be a lot or not a lot of food. I've gone and ordered just the cheddar cheese soup and shared an entree with my mother and other times I've ordered the filet mignon with mushroom risotto for myself. It all depends on how hungry I am. Unlike 'Ohana, it is not an all-you-care-to eat, so you can plan the size of your meal accordingly.

I've never felt rushed when I've eaten there. The servers have always waited until one course is finished before bringing out the next.
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

We just got back last week and dined at both. We pay OOP and felt we didn't get our $$ worth at our LeCellier lunch. The filet size was ALOT smaller than previous lunches there. If you are on the DDP you might be OK with the 1 credit lunch. It still tasted as good but from now on we will be paying OOP for DINNER there.
We also felt kinda rushed at Ohana's this time. Not sure what that's about we had a 7:30 ressie. We didn't wait very long to be seated either. We have also learned to just say NO to the excessive food and only get a smaller serving of what we really like. I passed on the salad and wings this time and that helped alot. Wanted to be sure and have room for that yummy dessert.

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) BLT with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Alabama Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
GeorgeG
Stumped for 2005
You can keep the pickles
I fully intend to be a ghost when it's my turn

We've been going to WDW since 1986 and the dining used to be a major bragging point for us. In recent years it's more of a disappointment, at least at Disney-run restaurants. The so-called "signatures" were all much better before those designations, including Le Cellier. If you're on a dining plan, you're stuck with them and it's hit and miss on quality and limited menus. We now prefer the restaurants at Swan & Dolphin and Downtown Disney that are not run by Disney. Since we always pay OOP we find the prices competitive with the Disney signatures, but with much better food and menu options. When we're in the parks, we are very selective and go mostly with snacks.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I don't think LC is worth it. Its not horrible but its far too hyped up. If you want a great meal go to via. OMG amazing food/pizza. sure there's no steak there, but if you've never been its so worth a shot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: