Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
psadvocate
Earning My Ears

MK - Are crowds worse with EMH in morning or evening?

I'm trying to use the EasyWDW predictor, but it says MK is not recommended Monday Oct 29th or Thurs Nov 1st - these are the only 2 days I can go as I definitely want the full 9pm close.

We aren't staying onsite, so we can't use EMH - on Monday, the EMH are 9pm-midnight, and on Thursday 8am-9am. Which day would be less crowded and more ideal for us ( 2 adults, no kids, no need for naps )
psadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psadvocate View Post
I'm trying to use the EasyWDW predictor, but it says MK is not recommended Monday Oct 29th or Thurs Nov 1st - these are the only 2 days I can go as I definitely want the full 9pm close.

We aren't staying onsite, so we can't use EMH - on Monday, the EMH are 9pm-midnight, and on Thursday 8am-9am. Which day would be less crowded and more ideal for us ( 2 adults, no kids, no need for naps )
It kind of depends if you are on or off site.

I think the that going to an EMH night park is better than morning if you can get there at RD.

The theory is that for evening EMH more guests will go to the parks a little later since they plan on staying late.

For a morning EMH more guests will plan to go to morning EMH but not get up in time, still plan to go to that park and pretty much get there at 9:00 AM anyway which just makes it more crowded for the whole day.

Of course park hopping can throw a monkey wrench into this theory.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

In my experience and opinion, the PM EMH are more crowded and the park is more crowded in the afternoon and evening.
We try to hit the AM EMH parks often as we get up early anyway most of the time. But a lot of people prefer to sleep in on vacation and would rather stay up late. So they will choose the PM EMH.
If you're not staying on property, I would probably avoid the park that has PM EMH. Go Thursday and plan to arrive by 9 a.m.

Good luck!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
disneyfanlincoln
Mouseketeer

I'd say PM EMH are more crowded however there also fun too, there's nothing like walking around MK at midnight in the dark, don't know why but I love it. It's also very satisfying to see the crowds leave after wishes and you get to stay and play, great stuff.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
cfw213
DIS Veteran

We were in WDW a few weeks ago and found evening EMH to be not worth it...the crowds were more than we expected. There was at least a 30 min wait on all major rides. People don't like to get up early so everything during morning EMH is a walk on.

IMHO, it is worth it to get up early - you can get done more in the one hour of morning EMH than 3 hours of evening EMH.

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Mondays are always one of the most crowded days at the MK - I would choose Thursday. Check out www.easywdw.com, he has great crowd calendars and gives the reason why or why not to visit a certain park.

Make sure you are there as close to opening (before would be better!) for non-resort park guests as you can be.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: